Whitney was 15 feet ahead of me, running and skipping to her classroom, as soon as the door opened. She couldnt wait to get to school, and she ran into her teacher's arms right away! Three other mothers and some Kindergarten moms said "Wow! SOMEONE is excited for school!" I am so proud of our girl :) She got right to work on puzzles, and was happy when I left.
When I picked her up, she was excitedly following Ms. K's instruction during a great round of "Ms. K Says..." (Simon says). She was jumping and hopping and excitedly following directions when I walked into the chapel to pick her up. She ran into my arms (love) when she saw me, but started getting upset when I asked her if she was ready to go home. (I thought it was a rhetorical question...apparently she wasnt ready.) She ran to the other side of the chapel and said "I dont wanna go home yet, Mommy!!" I let her play a litttttle bit more, but she still wasnt quite ready to go home. We got out the door without any tears, and she was relieved to know she would be coming back on Tuesday :)
I didnt get a lot of answers out of her re: what she did in school today, but she said someone stepped on her hand by accident and it hurt. She said Ms. K read a book and that her favorite part was "doing puzzles." I guess that's pretty good detail for a 2 year old, but I was interested in what books they read and if they were able to get into their Bible story for the week.
She has had a great week! We started the weekly lunch date meeting with my parents on Monday. They are going to start picking her up and bringing her to lunch (chi fil a, mcd's, picnic, their house, whatev. Nothing fancy...just time to spend with her grandparents.) They love it. She loooves it. And it gave me time to make some shirts and get a run in without worrying W was waking up.
Then, on Tuesday she started school. BIG day.
On Wednesday, we were scheduled to have a playdate with one of her besties, Natalia, but they had to reschedule. Our neighbor texted at the last minute and asked if we wanted to join them at the Science Center downtown. We scurried to get ready and were surprisingly out the door in 20 minutes! Whitney had the BEST time and I was sooo glad I didnt pass on the chance. We are considering getting an annual pass since the science center has so much going on all the time, and while we spent three hours there, Whitney and only saw about a third of the exhibits and rooms! (Plenty of pics coming!!)
Today she had school again...and loved it again. And tonight, she got to play with her one-year-old cousin, Kaia! The girls were interacting and Whitney was realllllly showing her "big girl" side by sharing and offering Kaia new toys. She was trying to get Kaia to talk and laugh, and she really was gentle and understanding and wanted Kaia to be happy. I have been SUPER impressed with Whitney's willingness to share lately! So proud :)
And tonight, after her bath, we said prayers and read two more books, and gave hugs and kisses. Whitney asked me to cuddle with her, and of COURSE my world stops and nothing else matters when she makes that sweet request. :) I cuddled up into her lil toddler bed as best as my 5'10" body possibly could. I asked her about school and we talked about sharing and she told me she loves me. sigh....life is good.
Whitney is truly such an easy, laid back kid. I dont know how we got so blessed considering I used to be a contender for award winning anxiety and worry. We talked for little bit in her bed, and she kept hugging me tighter and saying "keep cud-wing me, mommy." I stayed for a while and finally told her that I would come back and cuddle her if she was still awake in a little bit. She hugged me tight and said, "Mommy...i wuv you vewy vewy much.....you gotta go take a showwuh." I couldnt help but laugh even though we had been speaking softly and almost whispering! At first I thought she was telling me I was stinky!! But then I realized that sometimes when she wants to cuddle for a long time, I will tell her that I have to go shower just so she will eventually let me go and go to sleep. She remembered and told me to go shower haha Love that kid.
Promise pics tomorrow or this weekend...i have a lot from the Science Center and a fabulous dress her cousin Devin and Aunt Cindy made her (adorrrrable!) and just some cute snapshots from the week.
1 comment:
Can't wait to see pics of the science center! As I was growing up, we always got annual passes to the science center... It's changed quite a bit since then. I haven't been myself in ages.
Post a Comment