Eric and Whitney went to a fund raiser for our friends and their baseball team. Whitney loves bowling. And she loooooves her friends!
Double trouble!
Triple Trouble!
I took the kids to the zoo a few weeks ago. Whitney loves the splash pad. Grady? Not so much. But he loved the carousel and of course the train ride!
It was a fun day!
The next day we dropped Grady off at school and headed to the library! Whitney was so excited to get her own library card, and we were on the hunt for new chapter books to tackle!
Of course she picked a book for her brother 😃
Grady has been entrenched in swimming lessons and loving it!
My Jessie 😃
Love.
Eddie and Danielle came over to help us sort through pics to bring to the family reunion. Eric's family planned a great reunion at his brothers house earlier this month.
Memaw and Grandaddy then:
Memaw and Grandaddy now 😃
Memaw and Grandaddy with their kids.
Memaw and Grandaddy and their kids with spouses.
Memaw and Grandaddy, and their kids with their spouses and the Grandkids.
Memaw, Grandaddy, their children and children's' spouses, and the Grandkids and their spouses.
The whole family! It was a great day with perfect weather and family traveling from Arizona and Tennessee and Pensacola! Everyone had a lot of fun and we are already looking forward to seeing everyone again at Christmas!
Cheeeese.
Boys and electronics
Cousins and cousins' wives
She looooooves the beach!!
My favorite!
The next day, we went to Jacksonville to celebrate our niece and nephew's birthdays! Our visits are never long enough but it was fun to see the kids play 😃
Love these cousin moments 😃 I remember having so much fun every time we traveled to ohio to see my cousins!
We are so blessed that our kids have grandparents who get down on the floor and play! Thanks Papa!
We topped off the great weekend with the awesome news that my brother had won his fourth Emmy award!
Soooo proud!!How cool is he?! Congrats, Jay!!!
Eric and Whitney did VBS at our church two weeks ago and loved it! "Weird Animals" was a huge success, and we will be listening to the cd for years to come!
And while sister enjoyed evenings at church with friends, I got a dinner date with this dude every night!
So about a month ago, Whitney and I dropped Grady off at school and she accompanied me to my annual eye exam. My eyes got worse. Again. And Whitney was great company, asking questions and desperately wanting to have her own eyes examined. As my appointment ended, she was sitting in my lap in the exam chair. I pointed to the letter chart and asked Whitney what letters she saw. I was floored when the poor girl couldn't tell the difference between a letter 'C' and a letter 'O'. My eye doc moved the chart to make bigger letters appear and Whitbey couldn't see the difference between a 'D' and a 'B' or an 'S' and a '5'. The doc said "Someone might need glasses!!"
And this little girl kit up like a Christmas tree! She tried in glasses in his office, crying when we left without glasses for her. And I immediately made an appointment for her to have her eyes checked a few days later.
The day finally arrived and Whitney was certain she would be going home with glasses!
When the puff of air test was done, it was time for the eye test.
She nailed the giant "E", and got all the letters in the second line. But by the third line, she was struggling! And it only got worse from there.
She was soooo excited!
My face when the doc told me she had 80/20 vision:
"Say whaaaa??"
The $8 glasses we liked. But they would take 10 days to get back. And while Whitney is among the most patient five year olds I know, I felt terrible asking her to waitron more days as a blind child. We needed glasses sooner.
"Mommy!!!! They have a butterfly!!!!!!"
These were top contenders for a while.
Countless pairs of glasses. Three stores. Lots of silly faces. An incredibly patient little girl. And an exhausted mom.
We settled on these two. Finally. Holy cow finally.
Before:
Eric and I heard about a Groupon deal for two baseball tickets to our towns minor league team, two hotdogs, and two beers for $13. We rallied some of our favorites and were excited for a night of fun....kid-free!
Eddie, Danielle, Julie, Jonah, Eric, and I had so much fun watching the college kids playing baseball! I can't believe how fast they pitch! Afterwards, the two J's, Eric, and I headed to a new locally owned bar called Celery City Craft. It was a fun night.....and I'm definitely totally 35 yrs old. Phew. Lol
I love this girl!
How adorable is this?! Our church snapped these and printed them during the church service. Do when we left church, Whitney gave this to Eric. Sniff, sniff. Cute, right?! I love our church!
The kids had fun laughing at me and Eric as we tried to snap decent pics for the frames the kids painted for Fathers Day!
Best. Daddy. Ever!
My favorite guys!
This guy is the best daddy ever. And I have high standards for daddies because I grew up with the other best daddy ever!
We tried some Team Bass pics.
Cheeeeeeeese.
Grady cracks me up!
GG wasn't in the house five minutes when the kids dragged him to the family room to read and play!
Grady grabbed GGs hand and said, "Nuh-non!" (C'mon!)
GG hasn't moved that fast in five years!
"GG. Lap! Read!"
He was showing GG "eyes!"
I'm not sure who loves books more!
"Honk!!!!!"
My favorite.
He's making a run for it!
Best belly laughs ever!!
Weeeeeee!!!!!!
We'd had a pretty boring morning, and as I looked out the window I realized it was pouring rain but there was no thunder or lightning. Just a good soaking rain. So I opened the front door and yelled, "Who wants to go run in the rain??!!"
They came running. Then stared at me with confused excitement. I stepped out of their way and said, "Go ahead! Have fun!"
They just stared.
"Really? Really I can go run in the rain??? You're for real??"
"Squeeeeeaaaaallllll!!!!!"
She was squealing!!
Twirling and stomping!
Why wouldn't they wash their hands in the drain water?! Gross? Or brilliant?!
Having Grady in school two mornings a week has really been great for everyone! Grady gets school stuff, and I get this girl all to myself! She was excited for a donut run.....but asks "is it time to go get Grady yet??" about 50 times in three hours lol She looooves him!
Chill out.
Relax dude.
Juice box Cheers!!
Grady's really talking a lot lately! His first sentence was "Juice box, please?!" But his second sentence is my favorite:
"Daddy, read please!"
The best!
Last weekend we headed out to the beach to visit Eric's dad and stepmom! We had great weather for an outdoor lunch (until Grady took a header off a high-top picnic table), and while the visit always seems too short, we have plans to do a pool/beach day with Papa and Ms. Martha soon!
Before the face plant :(
Boat watching before the rain came down.
And the kids were excited about their pics for Papa :)
Miss Martha knows how to make this girl happy!! Impromptu dress-up with REAL jewelry?! Whitney's favorite!!!
Whitney was over-the-moon excited to learn we would be watching our besties' dog, Libby for a few nights! Libby got used to her stalker very quickly, and Whitney did an awesome job caring for
Grady was sure to let Libby know that her bed passed inspection.
While Eric taught at church on Sunday, I stayed home with two kids who had coughed throughout the whole night. Of course, as soon as we skipped church and canceled bible study for the night, neither child coughed again. Of course. So I oiled them up and we headed to Animal Kingdom.
We hit the Lion King show and The Nemo show, got slammed by a rain storm, and were able to meet up with one if Whitney's besties from school and his family! It was a fun afternoon!
The giraffes were so close, and we saw one running to get to the food tree!
Love!
An ostrich and a zebra, up close and personal!
We've never been this close to a zebra! Very cool!
Love these two!
We hit the letting zoo and headed home. It was a great day!
Whitney has a busy June, finishing VBS and now moving on to golf camp for a week! The rest of the summer is laid back and she's excited to be a camper 😃 My parents' country club has a golf camp so Whitney gets to golf from 9am-11am, then get lunch and jump in the country club pool til 1pm. She's loving it, which makes a lot of people very happy 😃
Kisses from Gramps!
She's ready!!!
She's in the blue and white stripes....tiny sized.
Riding Mac and Gramps' golf cart to her last day of golf camp!
And other milestones:
It was a great camp week!!
Grady is currently in love with all things Thomas the Train and/or sharks. We have a Thomas book about a shark train car. It's like his worlds collided. He is obsessed!
We checked a Thomas book and a shark book out of the library for him. He loved them!
Love.
Last night it was time to send Libby back to her rightful owners. Whitney cried harder than she's cried since Bailey died in August. She was super tired from early morning golf camp fun, but the tears and sobs were so sad as she pleaded for Libby to stay longer. She was only calmed down when we told her Libby will be back for more Camp Bass time in a few nights 😃
Whitney and I try to read together at bedtime every night. Some nights are harder than others. It gets late. She gets too tired. Grady needs me. But when we get to read chapter books together, I'm not sure who loves it and needs it more. We've been loving the Disney series "The Never Girls". I love this time with her! And the new book in the series was a god distraction for our sad girl after she said bye to LibbyDog.
This kid is my hero. He takes seven syringes of supplements every morning. Followed by five capsules broken into his milk. And let's not forget the shot in the butt while he was sleeping last night. And he never complains or protests or runs from the medicine cups. He just takes it. Gives a little shiver after fish oil syringes, but never cries about it. Such a trooper.
One of my new favorite Whitney stories:
After lunch, I rounded the corner into the kitchen and caught this scene. Whitney was helping Grady with his speech flash cards. He had climbed up in the chair by himself and was happily saying the cards for her. She's the best big sister ever!!
SHARK!!!!
Cheers!!
Cookie mouth!!
After-swim poolside nap? Of course!
Top Ten Best Feelings in the World?
When our kids are engrossed in an activity or playing across the room or just staring off into space before they fall asleep, and they see me looking at them, and their faces light up with this smile. They feel loved. They associate my face with happy feelings and safety. And that tells me I'm doing something right.
That night I did something I rarely do. I went for a Girls Night Out with some preschool mommy friends! We won second place in trivia, laughed, ate, and had a great time!
We turned Grady's car seat around (2 yrs 2 months) and it's like we opened a whole new world for him! He's been excitedly pointing out "big blue truck!" and "dozer!! Roarrrr!"
And my recent favorite, "Castle!!!!"
Love. Melts my mommy heart.
We facetimed her to let her know her cover was blown 😃
Whitney and I decided to illustrate the Never Girls books we've been digging.
She thinks I'm "a true artist!"
And finally......The End:
I worked on this post for at least a week,....Im hoping to get the next post up sooner!
































































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment