Is it any surprise that we started February with a trip to the House of Mouse?
#76Degrees #DisneyWorld #FastpassesForEverest #AnimalKingdom Church this morning, Disney and gorgeous weather this afternoon, and Super Bowl tonight.
How many kids get to randomly run into their best friend at Animal Kingdom?! Love these two :)
We hit up the Triceratops Spin and then headed to tackle Everest! Whitney is finally tall enough and was SOOO excited!
She's so brave :)
"Blllththttthhh..."
"Grady, what was that?""Oh, sowwy Mommy. Gordon did a toot."
"Gordon?!? The train?? Grady...what do you say when you toot?"
"Mommy, Gordon says sorry and he says bwess you and 'scuse." #Boys#BlameTheTrain
February 2nd, 2015..
Level of pride I feel when I get all the grocery shopping done (Aldi, Walmart, Sam's) in the three short hours Grady is at school > level of pride I felt on the day I graduated college. Solo grocery shopping means THAT much to me.#BonusPointsForFinishingBeforeTheRainStarted
I have no idea how this child got in his crib. Nor do I know the story behind why he has emptied an entire package of diapers on there with him. But he's happy and I can cook dinner without someone hanging on me. #DiaperParty
This was apparently Grady's first attempt to tell us he thought diapers were a joke. Little did I know he would ditch diapers completely within days.
Seriously. Preschool or Middle School?
We might have found a show that might not surpass his love for Thomas, but has the potential to give me a break from Elmo, so Ill take it. Blue's Clues for the win!!! After watching a few of the newer episodes (with the "new" guy), I decided to start the series from Season One. Pressed play, and Grady points and shouts, "Mommy! Wait! His shirt is gween now!!" Something tells me Blue and Steve's clue hunt and attempts to solve mysteries will be boring for GBass....the child with a ridiculous attention to detail and insane memory.
February 4th
I just asked Bingo, "You gotta poop?" and Grady quickly snapped back, "No! I don't gotta poop!!!"
How did this happen to my life? I used to be cool, and never discussed poop. Ever.
Sigh
Eric earned an award at work and Whitney was SO excited that it lit up :)
Have I mentioned how much we love the TimeHop app?!
Love that my parents are always up for it when we call and say, "it's a pretty day and we're headed to Disney. Wanna come?!" Such a fun place to make memories
I loooove watching this kid at storytime! Always wants to be front row, dances his little booty off, and shouts the answers He's technically still too young for this class but he has a blast and steals the show. What a difference a year makes!!
After school reading and snack and puppy cuddles with my girl. "Mommy, what do you think will happen next??" #BerenstainBears#GrowingGoodReaders #ShesBeenListening #BingoBass
"Sissy, wha-you doing??"
"Homework. (Dramatic sigh). More homework. (Louder dramatic sigh).""Sissy, I help you??"
This pic was taken about 10 minutes before a HW argument that, two months later, I still remember. I get so torn between "she has to complete the assignment" and "shes ONLY five and its a LOT for a five year old to write a book report." She knows what she wants to write, but Whitney, as crazy smart as she is, lacks any sense of urgency. At all. In anything. So whether its getting her shoes on or writing a sentence or painting a picture, she has one speed. Slow. She gets the job done and does it well, but she definitely isnt in a rush, so its hard to cram a full book report ("Read two books. Compare and contrast the two." or "Read two books. Write what happened in the beginning, the middle, and the end." or "Read two books. Write about the characters and the setting.") assignment into the few hours after school. Between dinner and gymnastics and Awana and just general down time that every kid NEEDS, I got tired of begging her to get the assignments done. I knew these days were coming, but I had no idea they would happen at five and six years old. I figured we had a few more years, at least.
#PreschoolOrMiddleSchool #PictureDay He melts my heart. Can't I keep him this age for a few more years?!
Dear Aldi,
I love you. Thank you for making gluten free bread that actually toasts and tastes legit. And for having great produce that both my kids tackle like candy.
Grady says grilled (faux) cheese is "deewishes"!
Sincerely,
A Mom Who Would've Sucked At This Ten Years Ago
Uncle Jay didnt think my Florida winter meme was too funny in his 68" of Boston snow.
a fun Florida afternoon:
This was a year ago. When I was pretty angry with Whitney's school situation. Wanna know what Whitney said to me while doing math HW this week? A YEAR later? "Mommy, I can do this subtraction. It's easy! Remember when Ms. _______ said I couldn't do math? I can now!!"
Kids remember the things adults say about them. Even if this teacher never actually said it to her face, Whitney heard her teacher say she "just can't do it." And that stuck with her. A year later. And, for the record, she COULD do it.
Sooooooooo grateful God blessed us with an awesome teacher this year!
Thomas on TV and his mutt cuddled next to him. Does it get better!?
Neediest. Dog. Ever. I sat down to check voicemail and texts. Mr. "Pay Attention to Meeeeee" couldn't get his paws off me. Seriously, dog?
And of course I had to take pics of my funny valentines!
It came with its challenges this year, but I loved being the Room Mom for Whitney's Kindergarten class!
February 13th is my parents birthday! The kids were excited to celebrate their Mac and Gramps!
And I hustled to FINALLY finish the Christmas/Birthday gift album Id been working on to celebrate my kids and my parents and their awesome relationships!
Click here to view this photo book larger
Turn your favorite photos into a photo book at Shutterfly.com.
Best Friday night ever. Daddy on his way home with pizza. Kids and mutt snuggly and snacking while watching Sleeping Beauty. Erics gonna head to a chilly, late night kickball game and I get this dream come true at home
#BingoBass for the win. Chilliest dog everrrr.....(until a 5th human being enters the house. Then it's as though we set his tail on fire.
From FB:
We surprised the kids (and ourselves!) with a last minute trip to see Wild Kratts Live! (Skip it...they shouldve paid US to watch that show. Terrible.) But the kids loved it!
"Daddy! Go, Daddy! I help you! I help workout! Good job, Daddy! You did it!!"
Grady's definition of "help" does not match that of his parents.
"Yeah, Daddy! You did it!!"
I was getting ready for church and heard belly laughs from the playroom. THis is what occurred.
Grady's favorite Disney ride?
The parking lot tram!
Thunder Mountain with the Ragans!
Brrrrrrr!!!!!
We get comments on our stroller every time we visit Disney. My parents bought it for us when Grady was born and it still looks new! It holds our own sweet babies and many friends! They can nap in it, watch fireworks from it, eat lunch in it, ....its amazing. :)
And we lived happily ever after :)
And after our traditional Ale House dinner after Magic Kingdom, we headed home with two extra cuties for a sleepover!
And falling asleep to Anna and Elsa on the ceiling? They live a fairy tale :)
Big day for this dude. If you take your diaper off enough times, Mommy might just decide to ditch diapers and jump into potty training. On a whim. And when you're cool like this kid, you might just have two tiny accidents all day. And you might go to bed in Thomas the Train underwear. I had ZERO intentions of potty training until Spring Break or this Summer, but Grady kept taking his diaper and shorts off day after day. On the morning he woke up with three kindergarten girlies in the house, he decided to ditch his diaper and run naked through the house. That doesnt work for me, so we told him "If you take your diaper off one more time, we are throwing diapers away."
Well. He called my bluff and ended up spending the day in diapers. And he did GREAT! He went two hours without an accident, and then only let a drop in his undies and finished on the potty. The next day he did the same thing. And hes never looked back since! Weve been amazed at how easily potty training fell in our laps and how quickly he mastered it!
This was a good day for Team Bass.....
This picture kills me. Now that hes in underwear full-time, his shorts and pants and jammies all fall down! No diaper to hold them up :)
He wore underwear to school that Monday and did great! He hasnt had any accidents at all in the two months he's been potty trained and Im blown away every morning when he wakes up 100% dry. Hes a champ!
My mom saved this pic from the last night I ever slept in my crib. I fear that day is approaching for our G.
He climbs in whenever he wants, but absolutely refuses to climb out. He calls one of us and says "I need help!! I cant get down!!" So Im not in a huge rush. But the first time he climbs out of his crib, is the first night he sleeps in the toddler bed thats been in our attic for three years. I know it is coming in the next year and it sorta breaks my heart.
Ill never forget the excitement we felt the day Eric assembled that crib in what would be Whitney's bedroom. I was soooooo happy! I was sad when we took it down for Whitney as one year old, and I didnt imagine we'd ever have it back in our house again. It was just a bonus that we got to have the crib again for baby #2. But now that I KNOW this is our last baby, i will be sad to see it go.
While Whitney does her HW, Bingo rests his head on her chair just waiting for her to come play with him.
Whitney asked if it was gonna snow "like at Jacklyn or Uncle Jay's house???" 40 degrees is ROUGH for Florida babies!
These two got a few late nights at Mac and Gramps' house while mommy and daddy got to play kickball :)
This dude. He soaked the bathroom during his bath. I said, "Grady Bass, your daddy is gonna flip!" Grady replies, "Daddy can flip?.......I go to Gramps' house."
Smart.
And it doesnt happen often. It doesnt happen enough. But every now and then, I get a girls' night out with some of my favorites! I love that they happen to be family :)
When your two year old calls from his crib "Mommyyyyy!!!" at 11:21pm, you cringe a little, worrying what kind of fever you're about to encounter. But when he follows it up with, "Mommyyyy....go peepee on da pottyyyy!!!", you sprint across the house, hurdling objects and rounding corners at breakneck speeds.
VICTORY!!!!!!!And when that Dude goes on the potty and sleepily says, "Mommy, rock rock in da chair?" you rock that sleepy baby who just conquered day five of potty training like a boss.
And then? You Facebook it. Because next year or two years from now, TimeHop will remind you how awesome your kid is at precisely the time your crazy kid needs a few "I am awesome" points in their corner. So four-year-old Grady who is driving Mommy insane-O? Let's remember this night
We had a beautiful family day at the park, soaking in the warm days in between the "freezing" days.
My adorable third child :)
54 seconds before Grady grabbed the hose and SOAKED me and the open sliding glass door. Happy 80 degrees, Central Florida! We couldn't wait for a "pool" day so we are cleaning up the porch, hanging the porch TV, filling the kiddie pool and water table, and enjoying every second of this gorgeous weather!
Haircuts are always traumatic for me. Why do they always insist that little boys should have super short hair?!
Not perfect. No entirely even. But good enough. Hes still cute :)
We rounded the corner into car line on this rainy day, and Grady took one look at the longer-than-usual line of cars and said, "Mommy, are you kiddin' me??!" He has also started yelling at red lights, "TURN GWEEEEEN!!!!"
Writing about Harriet Tubman for school. "But who made Harriet Tubman a slave?"
"There were slaver masters or owners. They made the slaves work but didn't pay them."
........(long pause).......
"Well then I'm sorta like a slave."
"What?! What are you talking about?!"
"Well I do chores and stuff."
Can't make this stuff up. When I laughed and reminded her that she actually does, in fact, earn a paycheck for her chores, she burst into tears.
A long, and likely boring-to-anyone-who-is-not-their-mother video, but I want to remember these days.
My Dad, aka Gramps, joined me and Grady for some Science Center adventures! It is always so fun to see Grady and my dad together. Grady loves my dad more than he loves anyone else on this planet, and it shows.
"Grumps, I hear da ocean!"
Best. Gramps. Ever.
Eric was painting above the cabinets in the kitchen on a rainy afternoon. He took down our jar of corks and found two winners. A 2007 girls night bottle with my friend Kirsten made me smile. And the 2005 cork from a bottle of wine Eric and I shared after attending an IVF Seminar at a second fertility clinic. Reminders that we have been blessed with great friends and more miracles than we ever could've dreamed back in the day.
So today, I got January and February blogged. Considering tomorrow is May 1st, I am not expecting any awards or applause, but I AM excited to be "on a roll". I love looking back through these memories and I know Ill be reading this blog when our house is quiet and empty and our kids are off to college or too cool to hang with us in the years ahead. I wish I could freeze time! Blogging helps.



















































































































No comments:
Post a Comment