Top Hat Tuesday for Seuss Week at Whitney's school.....and the Dude declared it "Star Wars Day" for himself. Love these smiley, happy people
March 2nd
"Mommy, 'P' is for 'pod racer'!"
#CarlineEntertainment
#CarlineEntertainment
My new favorite first grade homework assignment. "Write three sentences about your family." She asked me how to spell "world," but the rest of the spelling and ideas were all Whitney. And my heart is bursting with happiness
Trial-run for Whitney's "Cindy Lou Who" for Dr. Seuss character day at school tomorrow.
She's sooooo excited at our first attempt, I might not have to make a Walmart run for a bigger funnel after all
She's sooooo excited at our first attempt, I might not have to make a Walmart run for a bigger funnel after all
March 3rd
Dinner conversation with our six year old.
W: What's all this Trump stuff about?
E: He's running for President.
W: I don't think he should win.
E: No? Why not?
W: Because I saw a commercial and it sounds like he's mean. They said he only thinks about himself and I don't think that's a good person to be a President.
K: What kind of qualities do you think a good President should have?
W: Fairness. They should be fair. Truthfulness. I think Presidents should be fair and tell the truth and they should use Pinterest a lot.......And they should be grateful that they have the United States to live in and they should not be like Donald Trump. At all.
#PinterestingPresidentsOnly
#IfFirstGradersRanTheCountry
8 miles. 30 minutes. This boot was made for bikin'
March 4th
t's a Popsicles-on-the-porch kinda afternoon
Eric Bass walks in the door on Friday evening:
G: Hi, Daddy!! You and Mommy are adopting a new baby!!!
E: yeah? No. Been there. Done that. Turned out great but we got a Whitney, a Grady, and a dog. We're good!
(Cracks beer
Thanks, Doc McStuffins!
Another successful kickball game! Not sure who has more fun on kickball night. The grown ups? Or the kids??!
March 5th
Grady was whining in the backseat. Eric Bas joked, "Hey Dude, you want some cheese with that whine??" and without missing a beat, Grady replies, "No fank you, that cheese would make me sick."
Dude knows his allergies!
A fun morning! Thanks to Whitney's school!
Heather J. Leto and I have a Skype date with some of our awesome Lauralton classmates tonight. Thanks to technology, hostess Bethann Camillo, and Anne Corris' VCR, we will be able to virtually join the girls partying in Connecticut and given the long-awaited opportunity to watch the video from our Senior Dance
Looking forward to a fun evening full of memories and laughs! Wish all 101 of us could get together to catch up!
Looking forward to a fun evening full of memories and laughs! Wish all 101 of us could get together to catch up!
March 6th
Sport Clips for the win!! Dude got the royal treatment. Peppermint tea tree shampoo. Neck massage. And lookin' like a sixth grader. So fresh
March 7th
Oh, little boy hair. Whyyyy are you so difficult and nerdy???!!? This is why I dread Grady haircuts. Every stylist wants to cut his hair crazy short, not realizing (or listening when I tell them) that his hair will not stay parted to the side and WILL fall across his forehead in a straight nerd line. The top has to be left way longer than the sides
It looks cute with gel at 8am but by noon..? Eh.
It looks cute with gel at 8am but by noon..? Eh.
Crazy proud of our girl!! She reached her grade level Reading Counts goal with six weeks to spare! And now that the goal is crushed, she picked up a book she's "been dyyyying to read but apparently Scholastic doesn't make 'Princess Palace Pet' quizzes. What's up with THAT??" She's excited to go to her school's "Rock and Read" celebration next month and I'm happy she can read more books she likes instead of hunting down how many points a book is worth!
March 8th
Business trips are a little less painful with the help of technology and bedtime FaceTime with Daddy-O
March 10th
So this is happening.
Shopkins meets Star Wars.
Seven and four.
Sigh. I blinked.
Can't say enough great things about Soccer Shots! Grady learned a lot and had a blast (and I loved the mommy conversation on the sidelines!
88 degrees outside. 74 degrees in the pool. Whitney took the first dip of 2016 It's gonna be a great Spring and Summer
March 11th
Seven weeks ago today. One fracture in my foot. Another break in my heel. Lots of torn ligaments and one severely sprained ankle. Five long weeks on the couch. Five weeks in the boot. And I'm finally graduating to an ankle brace over the next week!
The break in my heel is almost healed. The break in my foot is "smoother now", but likely just going to be a chipped bone chillin' in the side of my foot. As long as I can walk, even if it's slow at first, I'll take a chipped bone!
He got about seven compliments on his shirt today 🎣
....which is cool because he looks about seven years old now!
....which is cool because he looks about seven years old now!
A season to be proud of and friendships we adore! Thanks "Here For The Beer"!! Love y'all!
March 12th
36 minute 5k for Daddy and the Bug!
Hey, kids! We're here! C'mon, let's go!
Oh
March 13th
Picking out flowers for the front yard Whitney is proudly wearing her 5k medal, and may have stopped to smell some flowers along the way
March 14th
This is how they greet each other every afternoon after school 🏃🏼Grady walks in the door and says, "Hiiii Peeps!!!!" and she follows him to the playroom where they cuddle and hug.
The best.
March 15th
Is it spring break yet?! I'd like to order up the exact same weather for next week, please....
March 16th
I'll be accepting my Mother of the Year Award in car line this afternoon 🏅
She was under the very first couch cushion I picked up
I assure you, no one was injured, and as soon as G got to the side, he cracked up! And now we know he remembers how to swim
Whitney got a small cabbage seedling from school several months ago. She's taken care of it and we've watched it grow, and I think it might be perfect for tomorrow night's traditional corned beef and cabbage dinner!
Mac strikes again!
March 17th
After busting into our room Kramer-style with a sword and stormtrooper mask this morning, our little Irish Dude is rockin' his leprechaun tee and ready to celebrate with corned beef and cabbage tonight! ☘🇮🇪
Happy St. Paddy's Day!
(Whitney has field day at school today, so she was at school too early for a pic
I love that Whitney's teacher makes first grade magical! Today, while the kids enjoyed Field Day, I got to play leprechaun in their classroom ☘🇮🇪
I hope they love the footprints and rainbow and overturned chairs, and yes, the green leprechaun pee in the potty
I miss teaching and can't wait to hear Whitney's reaction after school today!
I hope they love the footprints and rainbow and overturned chairs, and yes, the green leprechaun pee in the potty
I miss teaching and can't wait to hear Whitney's reaction after school today!
March 18th
The Meatball became a string bean!
Taking this excited little boy to ride Thomas the Train on this gorgeous day!
He's said, "Fank you, Mommy!" a dozen times. Love this kid. He may be a big kid who loves all things Star Wars and Jedi now, but seeing him excited about Thomas again reminds me how little he still is
March 19th
Will be worth the hour-and-a-half wait for breakfast! A gorgeous morning
Oh. My. Yummy. Chocolate chips, fresh strawberries, monster pancakes, delicious gluten free batter, and full bellies!
Worth the 90 minute wait!
Worth the 90 minute wait!
March 20th
This is my favorite list of things Grady is thankful for
March 21st
Love these kiddos! Hovering over and analyzing jelly bean flavors, swimming in the chilly pool, and making memories.
Spring break at Magic Kingdom.
Yeah!
In related news:
Parents, for the love of all that is holy, pleeeaaaase teach your children to cover their mouths/noses when they cough or sneeze, and wash their hands after using the restroom. And if you could model these easy general hygiene rules yourself, especially in such populated places at The Happiest Place on Earth, that'd be great. Seriously. Not that hard.
"Mommy, this is like the best day ever!"- Whitney
Strange man: So, Little Boy, where are you from??"
Grady Bass: umm. Home.
I love these kids.
170 minute wait?? Can't imaaaaagine spending almost three hours of our day in magic kingdom waiting to ride a three minute ride. Thank God for FastPasses!
Always great to knock out the Holiday character photos at Disney Happy Easter from our biggest blessings!
March 22nd
I love my brother. And my kid.
"Mommy, I have a question."
"What's up, Bug?"
"Well. Where do babies come from? I mean, how does a baby get inside a mommy's belly?? And then how does it get out?"
Can Spring Break be over now????
March 23rd
So grateful for all the fantastic birthday messages, texts, and posts today! I tried to keep up with the "thank yous", but was blown away by 10am! Thank you!
In a stage of life when we're trying to teach our kids about the ins and outs of friendship, and the importance of loyalty and kindness and "treat others the way you want to be treated", it was so fun to read each of the birthday messages shared on my FB today. In one day, my memories went back to Monroe and Chalk Hill, St. Jude and Whitney Farms,Lauralton and Prep, Redding and my red explorer, Clemson and Chi Omega and Delta Chi and Monkey Island, tennis and StarChild, Volusia Pines and JP Morgan/BankOne, and of course my awesome Cleveland family! In my own life, you've each been a part of that lesson we're trying to instill in our kids....friendship, kindness, the Golden Rule. Thank you to everyone who said "Happy Birthday, Katie, Kate, Kat, Kathleen, etc."
I'm incredibly blessed with awesome friendships from the past and many fun adventures to look forward to in the future. Life is good, y'all!! Cheers to another great year!
In a stage of life when we're trying to teach our kids about the ins and outs of friendship, and the importance of loyalty and kindness and "treat others the way you want to be treated", it was so fun to read each of the birthday messages shared on my FB today. In one day, my memories went back to Monroe and Chalk Hill, St. Jude and Whitney Farms,Lauralton and Prep, Redding and my red explorer, Clemson and Chi Omega and Delta Chi and Monkey Island, tennis and StarChild, Volusia Pines and JP Morgan/BankOne, and of course my awesome Cleveland family! In my own life, you've each been a part of that lesson we're trying to instill in our kids....friendship, kindness, the Golden Rule. Thank you to everyone who said "Happy Birthday, Katie, Kate, Kat, Kathleen, etc."
I'm incredibly blessed with awesome friendships from the past and many fun adventures to look forward to in the future. Life is good, y'all!! Cheers to another great year!
March 24th
Love these girlies and their friendship! They can go months and months without seeing each other, but pick up right where they left off! An unbreakable bond with so much in common God truly placed Natalia and her family in our lives for a special reason! So blessed by our friendship!
Slow. Your. Rollllllll. Little girl.
My little teaching assistants are loving helping Grady with some handwriting practice!
Remember yesterday how I said I have been blessed in my life with the BEST friendships? Well today was further proof! Becky Lattanzi, who I played tennis with in high school and reconnected with through the power of FB and the magic of Disney, has a Star Wars loving son and a Shopkins loving daughter like Team Bass. So she totally "got it" when Whitney "misplaced" her favorite Lippy Lips last week. Friends near and far searched their own children's stockpiles of shopkins to help our girl, and in the end, it took mommy's magic powers (🙄) to bring Lippy back to her rightful spot in Whitney's hands and heart. But Becky remembered and understood. And this sweet surprise arrived for our mail-loving, Lippy Lips-loving little girl today. I am so grateful for great friendships, near and far, and for thoughtful gestures that mean the world to my kids and my mommy heart. THANK YOU, Becky, Damien, Phinn, and Violet!! May the magic of Disney bring us together at the Happiest Place on Earth again soon!!
And Whitney said, "Now I never have to worry about losing Lippy ever again!!!!"
Hallelujah!!!!
Hallelujah!!!!
Loving these peeps! Great way to finish off Spring Break and celebrate my 37th year and our 11th Anniversary! I have the BEST friends!!! Thanks for coordinating,
I loooooved this night. Thank you all of our friends who went out of their way, got a babysitter (we know the struggle!), endured a less-than-stellar Amura experience, battled the haze and made my stomach hurt from laughing so hard. Y'all are the best way to spend a birthday and anniversary! Thank you!!
March 26th
Happy 11th Anniversary to my favorite! It's been another great year filled with magic and laughs and fun and love and a new puppy and a broken foot and intense Booker shenanigans and more laughs and team work. Thank you for always slaying the lizards, stepping up for preschool story time, excitedly volunteering at school, dressing up for holidays or light saber duels. Thank you for teaching our son how to someday treat his wife and showing our daughter what a great husband does for his wife and family. Thank you for sacrificing and for having my back. Thank you for your faith in God and your faith in me. Thank you for never complaining and for walking the dog when I'm afraid of bears. You make life fun and I love you to the moon and back and around the block. Cheers to our happily ever after!
A great way to spend our anniversary picked these excited kids up from my parents house after getting to sleep in until 9am! (Eric slept until 9:30, probably for the first time in his entire life!) The kids are excited for Easter and then the start of their birthday month! Then some shopping and chipotle and a couch nap. Some egg dyeing. Some jelly bean planting in potted tulips since it's storming like the end of the world outside. And a sibling sleepover in little brother's bed while they dream of jelly beans turning into lollipops, tomorrow morning's Easter baskets, an egg hunt at Mac and Gramps', and the celebration of Jesus' resurrection!
This is my FAVORITE.
Planting jelly beans in hopes of growing lollipops!
These sweet babes make me so incredibly proud and honored to be their mommy. I loooove their friendship. So grateful.
Happy Easter! He is risen!!
Egg hunting, yummy meal eating, pool swimming fun at Mac n Gramps'!
Grady wants to start joining in the afternoon homework fun
March 29th
In the chaos of the morning rush, I love catching moments like these. Big sister giggles, little brother belly laughs, and a reminder for less "hurry up" and more "enjoy this."
March 30th
Fugees, Blues Traveler, Sublime, TLC, U2 and now Biz. I feel like I just time warped and I'm driving around Monroe/Fairfield/Westport/Clemson in my red Explorer. Who's got shotgun!!?
Whitney's been in the pool for 30 minutes. Then I hear legit screaming. Look over my shoulder and see this little snake.
Eric's at work.
Eric's at work.
I had two options. I stood there with the skimmer on a long pole, inches from the snake, door open wide, ready to fling that creature to its new home as far across our yard as I could manage. And then I decided. It's easier to move. I'll have the house packed up by the time you get home, Eric Bass.
My fearless dragon slayer has once again rescued me from a beastly sea serpent using only his bare hand and without getting his sleeve wet! 🐉🐲 🖐🏼🏻🏻
And in the meantime, I smashed a wasp in the garage all by myself like a big girl. 🐝....using his shoe 👞
As I tried to flick the snake out the patio door, the kids stood behind me saying, "You can do it mommy! Youre brave!! I just KNOW you can do it!!"
Nope. Couldnt do it.
But this guy came to our rescue again!








































































































































































































No comments:
Post a Comment