I found this PERFECT poem when I was blog hopping today. It really makes sense in MY life, and I hope it helps our child in their tough times as well. Cute, huh?
__________________________________________________________________________________
You are who you are for a reason
You're part of an intricate plan.
You're a precious and perfect, unique design,
Called God's special woman or man.
You look like you look for a reason.
Our God made no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb,
You're just what He wanted to make.
The parents you had were the ones He chose,
And no matter how you may feel,
They were custom-designed with God's plan in mind,
And they bare the Master's seal.
No, that trauma you faced was not easy,
And God wept that it hurt you so;
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that into His likeness you'd grow.
You are who you are for a reason,
You've been formed by the Master's rod.
You are who you are, beloved,
Because there is a God!
by Russell Kelfer
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Next, I found this one (apparently today is "Poem Day")
The Chosen Heart
Longing for a child to love, I'd wish upon the stars above.
In my heart I always knew, a part of me was meant for you.
I think how happy we will be, Once I adopt you, and you adopt me.
I dream of all the joy you'll bring, imagining even the littlest things,
The way it will feel to hold you tight, and tuck you in every night.
The drawings on the refrigerator door, and childhood toys across the floor.
The favorite stories read again and again, and hours of games with make-believe friends.
The day you took my outstretched hand, a journey ended, but our lives began.
Still mesmerized by your sweet face, still warmed inside by our first embrace.
I promised to give you a happy home, and a loving family all your own.
A house you've now made complete, with laughter, smiles and tiny feet.
A parent is one who guides the way, know I will be there everyday.
Rest easy as each night you sleep, a lifetime of love is yours to keep.
Longing for a child to love, I'd wish upon the stars above.
In my heart I always knew, a part of me belonged to you.
Sweet, right?
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Nothing new to report. We have to write our Dear Birthmom letter tomorrow, and order our books by Monday. No pressure. Is it bad that I want to cut and paste one from the internet, and just change the "details" to fit our life? blah.
I am meeting up with a good high school friend tomorrow. Caitlyn is down here from Boston for some R&R in Palm Coast. We had some good times and long laughs in high school, so I am really looking forward to catching up and hearing all about life in Nashland. Oh, and she was adopted, too! I knew that, but had completely forgotten until she reminded me this week. Kinda cool. :)
Hmm, what else? Oh! Eric and I have (tentatively) decided to use cloth diapers with Baby Bass. There are several factors that played into our decision, but cost is surely on top of the list. We can save approximately $2000 from birth to potty training!! That's huge! Plus, they are better for baby and the environment, and WAAAY cute! I know some of you (Kathy) are probably thinking "she is nuts", but cloth diapers really have come a loooong way. There are some (called All in Ones, or AIOs) that are just like disposables. Instead of tossing them in the trash, you just toss them in the washing machine. I am excited about this "adventure". :)
My latest google searches and hunts have been mainly focused on "ways to ensure/help attachment in adopted children and parents." I am minorly concerned that we wont feel an immediate bond to our baby, so I want to do everything we can to help the process. I have read that "skin to skin contact" helps immensely. We'll see how that goes. I am willing to whatever it takes to make sure this baby feels secure and safe with us, and to make sure we feel close to Baby Bass. Mommies who give birth have 9+ months to get attached to their baby. While I wont miss stretchmarks, cravings, or heartburn, I want to find ways to make up for the missed belly kicks and in utero hiccups that pregnant mamas get to feel.
OK, I am off to the dreaded treadmill...I have lost 5 lbs and can SQUEEEEEEZE into some size 10s (my goal is my size 6s and 8s. I think that will require a 20 lb loss)....so I dont want to lose momentum.
"Nothing tastes as good as THIN feels." :-)
2 comments:
Those poems are beautiful. I have heard that first one before and I adore it - love you, sweetie!
Great poem!
And way to go on the CDing! You will love it. :)
Good luck with the weight loss too!
Post a Comment