Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Night Update

I was hoping to make a picture post today, filled with fun pics from the events of the last week. I carried my camera along to the UCF game last week, in hopes of snapping some pics of Eric, his brother Eric, and our sister in law, Melissa. Didnt happen. It was really hot, we were invaded by some uppity dude who thought he knew everything about all things baby and parenting, and we were not interested in capturing those moments on "film". (does anyone even use film anymore?? isnt everything digital?)
I also carried our camera to our other sister in law, Crystal's, charity event last night. Wild, Wild West is an event thrown by the Junior League girls, and the proceeds go to various women's and children's charities around their county. This year, Crystal and Eric's brother Daniel were in a dance routine last night. VERY cute! Crystal told us afterwards that she has never done anything like that before, in front of so many people (600+), and she was terribly nervous. You never would have known! She looked awesome, and the night was a great success! But alas, my camera was at our table, alone, turned off, not taking pictures. :( Melissa and I were cheering on our Erics at the Black Jack tables, and I left the camera behind. I fully intended, and made my intentions known to all, to take pictures of all of us together, and all the sisters in law together, and the three brothers together. Didnt happen....again.

Not surprisingly, the only pictures I DID manage to capture this week were pictures of the baby stuff we bought on our Thursday night adventure to Babies R Us. So, here they are:



Bailey and Eric checking out the Baby's Room

The Swing (Bailey was hit in the head as the swing moved back and forth..he'll figure it out eventually!)

The Car Seat

The Stroller

Car Seat Stroller "Travel System"


Eric's mom and step dad have blessed us with 95% of the baby's current belongings. They bought the crib, the car seat, the stroller...and the joy in their voices when they talk about our baby coming is worth more than anything we could have registered for! We cant thank them enough....really.

Eric and I decided that we would call the agency every 2 weeks. Every other Friday. So two Fridays ago, we called and were told that they were sending some of our profiles back to us since they had errors in them. If we hadnt called, would they have called us??? Other than that, they had no news to share. Our profile had not gone out yet. So Eric called on Thursday this time, leaving a message for our case worker to call back. She called him back on Friday and pretty much said "dont call us, we'll call you". Confusing to us, since they had suggested calling every two weeks or so. Oh well. I went "off" about it on Friday, but am over it now and will try my best not to let this lady know that she is contradicting herself. The only tidbit of nes she had was a slight possibility that we might, maybe, possibly, potentially, MAYBE, dont get your hopes up, MIGHT be shown to a birthmom tomorrow. Maybe. Apparently this birthmom is only interested in adoptive couples who do not have any children yet. That's us! We know nothing else, except that our case worker said she would need to check the birthmom's profile to determine if there was any drug or alcohol exposure, what the gender is, what her financial needs will be, and all that fun stuff. IF this birthmom turns out to match our desires perfectly, then our profile will be shown. IF the birthmom has anything in her profile that we were "on the fence" about, then our agency will call us and ask if we still want to be shown. The catch??? We will not know if our profile is being shown UNLESS birthmom doesnt match us perfectly. So..if she is "perfect" for us, they will show us and we might get picked, might not. If we are picked, we will only know when they call us to say "you've been picked!" If we dont get that phone call, then it could mean we were never shown or we were shown and she didnt pick us. Can you tell that the unknowns are the toughest part here, folks? I am sloooowly remembering to leave it all in God's hands, trust His plan, and let it go. It isnt easy, but I suppose we knew this was coming. Waiting and waiting and waiting...you'd think I would be GOOD at it by now!

So, if you get a chance, please pray for this birthmom. Even if she doesnt pick us (or see us for that matter!), please pray that she finds a couple that suits her needs and the baby's future perfectly.

No more news to report....I am still on my mission for non-baby-related photos. We will be getting together to celebrate our nephew's 10th birthday on Wednesday night...maybe I can remember to take the camera!

6 comments:

LL said...

How sweet of your folks to get you all of that great baby gear!!! Poor Bailey getting knocked around by the swing!

Prayers for the expectant mom (birthmom) as she looks over the profiles and makes a decision. Prayers for you and your husband too!

LL said...

How sweet of your folks to get you all of that great baby gear!!! Poor Bailey getting knocked around by the swing!

Prayers for the expectant mom (birthmom) as she looks over the profiles and makes a decision. Prayers for you and your husband too! The wondering and the waiting is so tough.

Tracey... said...

I know how frustrating it can be...but I like your plan of calling them every two weeks...they should want it too...sorry...I'll pray it all goes well.

Michelle Smiles said...

Wow - you are so prepared (nursery-wise)! That's awesome.

Mandie said...

Looks like some great baby stuff there!

Be sure to get a sling! :) Babies love those.

Praying for you during this time. I hope that this happens quickly for you.

hope548 said...

The first time our profile went out I obsessed over it, wondering and wondering what was going on, and how long it would take her to decide. After that, I decided I needed to play it cool because I was so stressed and irritable.

It's hard not to obsess a little over your profile being shown or not being shown, especially if your agency doesn't communicate very much. Our caseworker always let us know when ours was going out and the decision.

I hope your wait won't be too long!

Post a Comment