"Whitney, would you like some help?"
"No. I dont need hewp......... I need a scwew-dwive-uh. Can I have a scwew-dwive-uh, Mommy?"
"Umm, I dont think that requires a screwdriver, honey. Want me to open it for you?"
"No, thank you. Mommy, I need scissors then. Pweas can you get me da scissors? C'mon. Dey in da kitchen, Mommy."
"Well, Im really glad you are trying soo hard and not giving up, but scissors are only for grown-ups. Are you sure you dont want Mommy to open it for you? Id be happy to help you!"
(thinking quietly)
"Mommy, can you pweas open dis for me? Its stuck. BAAAD."
She turned two less than a month ago. WHERE does she get this stuff!?
*****************************************************************************
She still insists on pointing out "Grandpa fixed it! Gramps fixed it, Mommy!" when we walk by the left side of my car....I would likely have forgotten about the unfortunate accident that happened 2 months ago, but Whitney kindly reminds us everytime we are in the garage.
*****************************************************************************
Eric and I both noted tonight that Whitney is very much a "kid" now, and not much like a "baby" anymore. I had a conversation with her about getting rid of her binky soon. I am not sure who is more attached to the binky at this point. I sorta feel like she is still baby-ish if she has that bink, and Ive heard that it wont effect her teeth until she is much older. And she just looks soooo cute with it all snuggly in her jammies at night :) But I started preparing her for the inevitable relinquishment to the "Binky Fairy" soon. I told her that we would put allllll her binkies in a basket and leave them for the "Binky Fairy" to come pick them up and bring them to all the new babies who need binkies. I told her that "MAYBE, the binky fairy will leave a present for you, since youre being such a big girl and sharing your binkies with the babies." She said "And Tinkabelle will hewp me open da pwesent!!"
********************************************************************************
There are a lottttt of funny moments now that Whitney is a full-time talker. She doesnt miss a beat, remembers EVERYTHING (like when I put her beach shoes on her and she said, "Mommy, I wear doze at Casa de Campo!"...our trip two months ago), and cracks herself UP! It makes life with a toddler SOOOO much easier when she can understand and reason and learn patience already! She is learning that crying and whining dont get a response nearly as quickly as a "please" or a "thank you", and that there are swift and consistent consequences for poor behavior. I will be the first to admit that I have high standards re: her behavior, but thats only because she has proven that she KNOWS how to behave properly...so when she CHOOSES not to behave, there are consequences. I know she's "only two", but she is wise beyond her two short years and we know she "gets it" and comprehends 99% of what we say. Besides, Id rather have high expectations than the low expecations I see a lot of lately. Rather than making excuses for why my kid DOESNT behave, I set the bar at a "Whitney-appropriate" level. I dont expect her to sit through an hour long church service, but I do expect her to listen to her teachers at Gym class, and understand not to dart into the road the second I let her hand go. Sometimes I feel bad saying things like, "Whitney, you know better."....but she DOES! So if you are a friend and you hear me say "you know better" to my daughter, please dont take it as a personal attack on YOUR kid or your parenting. Im just parenting my own kid based on her own abilities and level of understanding. :)
*******************************************************************************
And yesterday I said to Whitney "Is Mommy funny?" and she said "Yeah! But *I'M* funny, TOOOO!"
*******************************************************************************
I asked Whitney if she wanted to help me push the buttons on the microwave to heat up her lunch. She reached her arms up and yelled, "YEAH! Let's DO DIS real fast!!" ("do this real fast!")
And most of those lines are from just the last few days! She is a RIOT on a regular basis now :) I get a lot of people saying on FB and here (and in real life!) that they "love the way" I type the words the way Whitney says them. Now, let's be honest. I KNOW that at LEAST 50% of those nice folks are just saying that, but they REALLY mean to say, "I can barely stand to read your stupid status updates when you type the words the way Whitney allegedly says them!" But I want to remember every little bit of this stage, and Ive loved being able to look back through my blog to read the things she has said and done, and actually remember the moments because of how I wrote about them. So I will continue to write the words in "Whitney-speak" until she stops "cwacking me up" with her silly grammar :)
And some recent pics:
Pretending to be "in da woods, wiff Tinkabelle"
LOOOVE! Just WAIT til you see the pics Mandy's hubby took while they were here :)


1 comment:
so that last pic of Whit is totally a baby model pic... excuse me a big girl model pic! sooo grogeous! and I love whitter talk!
Post a Comment