Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Phone Dump

Dumping some pics from my cell phone and trying to get caught up on blogging :) 
Whitney had a doc appt to follow up on her ear infection and get the latest round of vaccines.  We delayed her vaccines a year and are catching up on them gradually and selectively, and the doc expressed concerns that Whitney would grow to hate the doctor's office since she would only be visiting for shots. She was sooo wrong :) Whitney loves the doc office and doesnt even flinch when they give her shots...she does NOT want bandaids though. Princess bandaids? no thanks. Dora bandaid? no way. Tink bandaid? nope. This kid doesnt mind the needles, but really doesnt want those bandaids.  Silly :) 
She was a hit at the doctor's office and is always a nurse favorite :) 
After the doc visit we headed home to make some cookies! Whitney was very excited to roll the dough and play with the cookie cutters, but wasnt too excited about the decorating since she couldnt squeeze the frosting hard enough to make it come out.  She held my hand while I attempted to decorate. Not easy with two year old paws "helping", but we had fun :) 

While I finished up some cookie decorating, she sneaked a plain cookie and gobbled it up before I even noticed :) 

That night we headed over to my parents to drop off some the furniture from our guest room/soon-to-be-Grady's room.  While we were there, my mom showed us the Christmas gift my brother, Eric, and I got my parents :) Okay, okay, so technically my mom bought them and we are giving her a check to cover the cost, but I showed her the idea on Pinterest and she has seen/played Cornhole before (fun, right?) and Im just glad we can finally buy our parents a gift they actually WANT  pay her back for a gift she bought herself :) 
Whitney loved them, too!  i think I see an Annual Family Cornhole Tournament this Christmas!!!

My Aunt Ger, once again, came through with an awesome care package for Whitney last week! She sent snow flakes to stick on our windows since we wont get any real snow :) Whitney helped me put them on the sliding glass door and then decided to take a few down.  I asked what she was doing and she started throwing the plastic flakes on the ground in a pile. She clearly had a purpose and an idea, as she started laughing hysterically. Finally, when she had all the snow flakes she could manage to reach, she threw herself on the "pile" and started squealing, "Im making SNOW ANGELS!!!"
So cute. And such a Florida baby :) 

Eric has been crossing things off our "To Do List" left and right! He's tackled several paint projects (dining room, back hallway, touch ups), started a picture wall, and moved alllllll shapes and sizes of furniture in and out of our house.  He moved this fabulous dresser from Eric's dad's barn and I cant WAIT to paint it and get it into Grady's room! Its AWESOME in person :) 

Pinterest struck again and gave me the great idea for this felt Christmas tree for Whitney! She loooves it! It cost about $4 total and took maybe 15 minutes. Whitney has played with it a lot, and I love that I can re-use it year after year without worrying about any parts missing or pieces breaking :) (Thinking ahead to the little infant we will have at Christmastime next year!)

And speaking of that baby, he decided to have a growth spurt recently! Last week, at 19 weeks, I finally started to feel less "fat" and more "pregnant". 

And today, at 20 weeks, I am officially half way to Grady's birthday and thrilled that everything is still going great! His kicks are following a bit of a pattern lately, and definitely getting a lot stronger.  Eric hasnt been able to feel them yet, but Im sure it wont be long!

Tomorrow we have an ultrasound to see our guy again :) Cant wait!! 

Ill be back with Grady ultrasound pictures and a bunch of pics from Whitney's very first Christmas Concert! She did great and had a lot of fun with all of her friends :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment