We've had a super cold day here with a lot of time spent inside watching Disney movies and practicing letters and doing and re-doing puzzles and dressing up and.....Ive run out of cool ideas, so Im sure we will be building forts or baking cupcakes or muffins soon enough.
Our time spent indoors today left me and Whitney with a lot of time to chat and relax. While watching Toy Story this morning, Whitney decided she wanted to be Jessie for Halloween and hoped that Santa would bring her a Jessie costume. After some brief discussion about holidays and months and how the year works, we were back to talking dress-up ideas. Whitney decided that she should be Jessie and Grady should be Bullseye, the trusty, cute horse side-kick. I looked up some Bullseye costumes online and while Whitney thought they were "awwwwesome" and that "Gwady would weeewy weeewy wike dat, Mommy!", they were both too large and too expensive (seriously, WHO spends $130 on a kid's Halloween costume?!).
We talked about it some more and decided that Grady should be Woody to complement her Jessie. All was settled. :)
So tonight, as I laid in bed with Whitney, we chatted about Halloween costumes a bit more. She decided she wanted to be Ariel and Grady could be Flounder. Too cute. Then she launched into a storm of Disney character friends/sidekicks/partners/etc that she and Grady could be for Halloween.....more than ten months from now. Some of my favorites:
- I could be Tinkabell and Gwady could be Peter Pan....or Captain Hook!
- I could be Ariel and Gwady can be Fwounduh (Flounder).....or how bout he bees 'Bastian (sebastian)?! (fits of laughter)
- I could be Nemo and you can be Dory, and Daddy can be Marwin and den Gwady can be.....ummm...Gwady can beeee...Mommy, who can Gwady be? Oh! He can be da pink octopus! hahahaha
-(I suggested she could be Belle) Yeah!! And den Gwady can be Chip! And den Daddy can be Gaston and YOU can be Da Beast!!! (awesome.)
- I could be Cinduhwewwa and I fink dat Gwady can be Gus Gus.
She then asked to be Cinderella tomorrow when we go to Sam's and Target. I didnt have the heart to tell her no, so I said we would see what the morning brings and if she behaves we might work something out. We went on to talk about the months of the year and which holidays were coming up. We talked about Valentine's Day and I said that Mommy and Daddy love each other very much and we love her and that Valentine's Day was a day to celebrate how much we love each other. Then in March, we talked about St Patrick's Day and my birthday (she clapped haha) and I told her that Mommy and Daddy got married in March, and we would be celebrating our anniversary. She clapped again and said "You MAAAWWIED Daddy and you WUV him. I fink I am going to mawwy Pwince Chaaahming." Love how her mind works. :) We talked about Easter in April and she said that Jesus needed a Band-Aid when He got down from the cross. And we sorta derailed the conversation from there....but it was a fun conversation with the lights out, almost nose-to-nose with my favorite girl, filled with laughs and learning and snuggles.
I cant imagine life getting better than this.
(Sorry...no pics. Indoors all day does not lend itself to picture-taking opportunities. Just picture us huddled in blankets a lot.)
2 comments:
I'm shocked that she doesn't want to be Snow White again and let Grady be a "High Ho". :)
I'm completely shocked that she hasn't suggested wanting to be Snow White again, with Grady being a "high ho". :)
Post a Comment