Last weekend, my favorite girlfriends all gathered at Kathy's house and threw me another baby shower :) Kathy was the hostess for Whitney's baby shower, and I feel so blessed that she insisted on throwing Grady's shower, too! Kathy, Dallas, Summer, and Kathy's SIL, Kim really went above and beyond to welcome our little guy, and we are SOOO grateful!
Whitney wore her Seuss outfit, as the theme was "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, NEW Fish"! Perfect for a Bass, right?!
Of course I made Grady a matching onesie, which Kathy hung on a CUUUUTE clothes line in her family room! I am so sad I didnt get any pics of the AWESOME decorations...the house looked amazing!
I have said it before, but it bears repeating...I have THE BEST girlfriends on the planet! The funny part is, they dont all know one another or see each other on a regular basis, but they all happily come together to celebrate Whitney's birthdays each year and were equally excited to celebrate the little bro, too! I met them all in different places and at different stages in my life...some college, some neighbors, some wives of Eric's friends...and I love them all dearly and only wish I could repay them for the love, support, (and cocktails!) we've all shared through the good times and not-so-good times :)
Grady's closet is FULLY stocked, we have the essentials, and are just waiting on the dude to arrive (more on that later)!
I pinned these frames on Pinterest several weeks back, and my friend Dallas saw the pin, ordered the frames, and made my day :) I am SOO excited to do the kids' bathroom in this Dr. Seuss theme (again, perfect for the Bass kids, right?!)and these frames are the best detail to make it all come together :)
The cake was DELICIOUS, not to mention how adorable!?
I think we determined that Kirsten is the friend I have known the longest, going all the way back to Clemson days :)
And I just realized that I didnt get ONE pic of me with Kathy, the hostess with the mostest! :( I cant believe it! She is one of my favorite friends, and I could never thank her enough for welcoming both of our kids with awesome showers! I wish I had more pics to share....It was such a fun afternoon with yummy food, fun games, and more "I STILL cant believe *I* am pregnant" moments :)
Last week, I had another appointment with our high risk group at the hospital, followed by hospital registration, and our tour of the labor/delivery units at the hospital. We like our regular OB...but we have LOVED our high risk doc. Dr. B is really happy with the pregnancy thus far, but made sure to repeatedly note just how large Grady is already. We alllll know that ultrasounds are just approximate measurements, but Dr. B continues to think Grady is measuring "weeks" ahead. His organs measure right on track, so we dont think we calculated the due date wrong....but his weight and height are weeks ahead of the game. Last week, his head, abdomen, and shoulders measured two full weeks ahead, and his legs/limbs measured more than a week ahead. He weighed approximately 5lbs. 7 oz., which is a pound ahead of schedule. Dr. B made sure to mention that this baby boy will "definitely NOT be a seven pound-er", and will likely weight "at LEAST 8 lbs, 5oz...and that's if he ONLY gains the average half-pound a week until the end." He started talking about c-sections, and while it makes me anxious and super nervous, I am choosing to believe he only mentioned it so I know ALL the possibilities and options. He knows that I dont want a c-section, and that I dont want to be induced, but in the end I trust his experience and know that he wouldnt lead me to something he knows I dont want unless he absolutely HAS to. I have another appointment with him at 37 weeks (4/11) and he said he would like to make the call then re: a SURE induction date (so far its 4/25), and determine if a c-section is best for everyone involved.
Right after the appointment, Eric and I quickly registered and got all the hospital/insurance formalities out of the way, and then headed on our tour of the hospital. I have visited friends in the hospital after they've delivered babies, but I never looked at it as a place *I* would someday deliver a baby. I was excited to see the maternity floors and hear how things worked. I am guessing the previous c-section discussion was catching up with me, as I started crying when we all piled into a labor/delivery room. No one said anything that should have even remotely illicited tears or drama, but I could not stop the flow as the tour guide showed us where the baby would be weighed and how thing work during a typical labor process.
I think it FINALLY hit. I FINALLY realized that this kid has to come out. Somehow. And soon. I am over-the-moon excited to meet him and snuggle him and get to know him...but this whole labor/delivery/c-section/high risk/stay-in-the-hospital part has me NERVOUS and, quite frankly, scared. I have worried about it for too many hours now, and need to give it to God and let Him work it out the way its supposed to go. I just want Grady here safely and with as few interventions as possible. I know I am in GREAT hands at our hospital and with our doctors, and just hope the next 35-ish days FLY by so I dont have much time to sit and think about it much more :)


1 comment:
I remember being at the beginning of labor and feeling the same way. Mr. Joe was sleeping in the crappy bed they gave him and I was crying to myself because I had NO IDEA how things were going to go - the unknown is super scary. I prayed all night until they broke my water and then everything just happened. You'll get through it with Eric by your side. You don't even know how you'll do it until you've done it. Know what I mean?
Post a Comment