It's only been a week or so, but I have to blog it put or my phone won't let me take anymore pictures! So, lets get started with some matching jammie cuteness:
Last week was a REALLY big week in our house! Whitney was chosen as her class' STAR STUDENT!!! She was chosen "because she always makes great choices!" I wish I'd had my camera on when she found out SHE was the Star Student. Her reaction was priceless! Apparently she had told her teacher "I've been trying really hard to get up on that Star Student board!" It paid off!!
I picked her up with flowers and big plans to make star student cupcakes! She raced into her room and told Whsikers the fish, "Whiskers! Guess what!!!! I"M star student! Can you believe it?! Isn't that awesome?!"
She loooooves anything in the kitchen, so we had fun baking cupcakes to bring to dinner at Mac and Gramps' house.
And of course little bro wanted in on the action!
Star sprinkles for our star student!
We all headed over to my parents house for a dinner to celebrate GG's 93rd birthday and Whitney's big star student news!
As part of her Star Student honors, Whitney got to sit in the big chair during circle time, and she got to pick her daily job all week. She chose to lead the chapel prayer most of the week 😃
And Grady destroyed the classroom kitchen and work envy while I was at Ws open house. Sigh.
Bubbly happy babies are the best!
I remember my mom taking a pic of my brother in my crib with me. Whitney thought it was sooooo funny!
And another reason to love 4 yrs old: Go Fish marathons!
Last week I found a bag with our nephews old Buzz Lightyear costume in it. Grady fell in love right away.
He walked around for a while and the. Found his Jessie doll and have her a huge hug 😃.
When I asked him if he loved being Buzz Lightyear, he hugged himself lol
Then ran to me and hugged me so tight!
And kept saying "Buuuh!! Buuuh!" (Buzz! Buzz!)
He then found the bag the costume was in....and he hugged it.
When it was time for bed, I told him we had to get jammies on and he ran away and his behind his curtain. I thought I would have to cut it off his body.
And seriously?! Dressing a baby boy is almost more fun than dressing a baby girl!!!
How cute is this gator outfit?!
Everyday when we get home from dropping W at school, Grady races to Whitney's room and calls, "Bug!! Bug??! Bug!!"
And I love that he has this new habit of dropping everything just to walk over to me and give me hugs. Long hugs. The best hugs. Like he means it.
And while this even likely deserves ts own post, I want to get the pics up before I lose them of forget.
See these two princesses?!
Do they look excited??!
Whitney and Faith (and their new Best Friends necklace) went on a Mommy/Daughter date night to see Princess on Ice!!!
They were bubbling over with excitement and giggles and belly laughs. Cracking each other up the whole way to the show.
We had great seats and while everything cost an arm and a leg, we all had a blast!
Excited!!!!!!!
Whitney declared this her favorite part as it had all seven "Hi Hos" and Snow White!
Silly silly silllllly!!!!
And after a really fun night, the backseat was awfully quiet on the way home!
More boy clothes (jammie) cuteness!
And some pre-bedtime flashlight fun with giggles and happy.
This past Sunday, after church and a birthday celebration for our nephew, we went over to my parents for some yummy meatloaf! And after dinner my parents gave Whitney her first real golf clubs!
Some lessons are definitely needed, but she has excellent coordination so I bet she will pick it up like a natural!
Grady is loving gym class more and more each class. And I'm loving his personality 😃
And how amazing is this? Completely on her own she decided to write words. Legit words. And her first and last name. Super proud.
We lined up all of the wooden Thomas trains from Aunt DeeDeeDee and Uncle Eddie. 64. And that's just the wooden ones. We still have a bin of die cast/metal trains, a bin of electric trains, and a bin of plastic trains. Oh, and 78,921 miles of track.
Every night doesn't end like this, but I'm super super extra grateful and happy when the bedtimes coincide, the attitudes allow, and I end up with two freshly bathed babes in my lap with a good book. The best. I always try to linger a little longer because I want to remember those moments when they both fit on my lap and they love each other so much.
And almost as much as I love those kinda bedtimes, Grady olives his mall merry-go-round and train rides. Phew.
He's so smiley and happy the whole time. Until juuuust before the ride stops. When it starts to slow down, his lip comes out and the tears roll. Thankfully he is easily distracted by the suggestion of a train ride. 😃
Today we rode the train after a play date with some friends at the mall play area. It's nice to play indoors while the weather is still sooooo gross. But I'm ready for some park days soon!
And as I type this, the Bug is painting some pumpkins for our first Fall decorations!! Bring on the cooler temperatures, footie pajamas, and more Tiger football!


























































































No comments:
Post a Comment