Last Saturday kicked off what is likely my favorite time of year.....college football season!!
And the kids were all dressed and ready to cheer for my Clemson Tigers!
Whitney kept saying "Go Tigers!" and "I hope the Tigers beat those Bulldogs!"
We waited patiently for 7pm gametime and loved watching the ESPN coverage from the campus I love so much.
Grady practiced his "touchdown!" cheer and proudly raised his arms every time I asked him "What does a Clemson Tiger say?!"
He wore the tiger tail for a long time lol
And when Grady took a nap, Eric headed outside to plant the new grass. Best. Husband. Ever!
Whitney and I rocked the sidewalk chalk ๐
And finally, as the craziest storm of the summer blew over our house, the game was about to start. We were excitedly watching the Tigers on the buses as they prepared to run down the Hill,.....and at 6:59pm, one minute before kickoff, our power went out.
Panic. I might have had tears in my eyes.
And then it came back on just in time for us to show Whitney the most exciting 25 seconds in college football!
We let her cheer for a good portion of the first half and loved her attempts to understand and cheer at the right times. "Get that yucky bulldog!" "Run! Go! Run!" And my favorite:
"Mommy, I don't believe in bulldogs. I only believe in Tigers."
I was so happy to tell Whitney that our Tigers won when she woke up the next morning!
The week carried on with our Tigers moving to a #4 ranking and life as usual around our house. We had some of our favorites over to swim on Labor Day and then got to work in another fun week.
Whitney's class made a book and I have to say, Whitney's answer was the best in the class ๐
Mid-week I asked Whitney again what she wants to be for Halloween. She said, "Really for real Mommy. I'm not even joking this time. I wanna be Wendy and I want Grady to be Peter Pan."
So I searched and found this:
And couldn't justify $100+ on costumes that, given enough time, I could make myself. I totally could've made them. But Eric suggested we look at store-bought costumes and I didn't protest.
The first store was a bust but when we walked into Toys R Us and Grady pointed at the Mike Wazowski costume and said, "Miiiigh!!" for "Mike!", I was thrilled there was a Sully GIRL costume that made Whitney's face light up!
She calls it her Sully Monsters University Cheerleader costume and we added some Pom poms and purple hair extensions and blue shoes and a few extras, and we have one happy little halloweener. And I don't have to sew one stitch!
Grady helped me water the new grass this week. And by "helped" I mean "got soaked, soaked me, and laughed hysterically!"
And now that he has tubes, I know his sleepy, cuddly moments this week were thanks to some new teeth and not another ear infection!
Last Sunday we ate yummy ribs and hung out at my parents. Love those days!
On the way to school one day this week, Whitney pointed out her window and said, "Hey Mommy those clouds look like Jesus was trying to write something to us!"
"Oh yeah? What do you think Jesus has to say to us this morning?"
"It says, 'Hi, Whitney!'"
Grady amazed everyone at his gym class by hanging by himself. For a really long time.
And Thursday night was a real treat for all of us! Eric's dad, Gary and Gary's fiancรฉ Martha came to spend the night! They watched the kids so Eric and I could get out to dinner together. And Whitney had so much fun! Ms. Martha did makeup and nail polish, the colored and painted, and they played the cupcake game. I'm not sure who had more fun!
Eric and I went to a delicious dinner to celebrate TEN years together!
And the next morning, Papa and Ms. Martha joined us at Whitney's school for a grandparents day breakfast!
After some yummy pancakes, Grady and I headed to the park for some Friday morning fun ๐
And this morning, before heading out to a birthday party, Eric nicely obliged when I asked for help taking more pics of the kids in their tiger gear!
This is always a two person event but today's photo attempt was surprisingly quick and painless as Grady nicely reached over to his sister and started hugging her and patting her back.
They love each other so much.
Some adorable high fives....
....and knuckle bumps....
...and "what does a Clemson Tiger say?!"
And one happy mama who is feeling especially blessed and excited to head to the local Orlando Clemson Tiger Club's viewing party for today's game!
Go Tigers!!
It was a great time spent eating, drinking, and loudly cheering as our Tigers beat the South Carolina State bulldogs!
Thanks, Mac and Gramps, for the yummy eats and drinks, and for coming out to support the Clemson Tigers!
edited to add these "real camera" pics:





















































No comments:
Post a Comment