Thursday, July 16, 2015

Pony Party, Inside Out, Father's Day, and Tennis Camp

So we have the funnest friends!  My friend Mandy threw a "last-minute" birthday party for her daughter (and Whitney's friend), Avery...and...get this........

The kids got to paint a PONY!!!! 

Yes.  A live pony.  



And then they got to ride a horse.




And make molasses and oat-covered carrots for the horses....



....and give that painted pony a bath! 





I LOVE this Mama!! 


Bwahahahaha! 


Happy Birthday, Av! And what an awesome "last minute" party!!!
(Who pulls this kind of fun together at the last minute!?!! Mandy is "that mom!" The one who doesnt need pinterest because she has all the ideas and creativity in her very own pretty head! 








Hey kids! Its 98 degrees and insane humidity....have fun on your hay ride!!!!!



They fed goats....




....and pigs......




.....and horses! 





And we met Secretariat's brother! 




And, of course, the best part for Gbass?? The cupcakes! 


June showed us some GORGEOUS sunsets! This was my favorite!



And as I talked about in the last post, Whitney and I tackled the "Inside Out" chapter book, so we let "Joy" outta her box and ordered our movie tickets for the next morning!! 





And the next morning we all headed to the 10am movie.....only to arrive 20 minutes early and realize that there werent four seats together in the entire theater!
So....we exchanged our tickets and got great seats in the 11am show.  I KNEW this movie was going to be a hit! 





We absolutely LOVED the entire movie from start to finish! Both kids enjoyed it and asked if we could buy the DVD "the day it comes out!" They both want to be Inside Out characters for Halloween (silent, internal "yesssss!!" from this matchy-matchy mama!) and weve had daily conversations about Joy, Sadness, Anger, Disgust, and Fear! 









Life is good. :) 




My parents were out of town for a while, so we headed to Eric's brother's house to celebrate Father's Day this year! I often think last minute plans turn out to be the best memories, and this was a fun day for adults and cousins. 


Bass men :) 


Bass cousins :) 


Whitney was VERY excited to cash in her birthday present from Mac and Gramps....
TENNIS CAMP!!!!



A whole week of tennis at our club with her bestie from school and her bestie's little sister.  I love Whitney's life :) 


How cute are they!?



Every day, they did tennis drills and made memories and laughed and had lunch and played games and went swimming.....and had a BLAST!




Just like when I was a kid running around Redding Country Club in Connecticut, Whitney quickly picked up on the snack shack routine :) She ordered herself a smoothie and some chips and knew what to tell them to put it on our tab.  
I was afraid and proud, all at once. 


And while Whitney was at camp from 9a-2pm each day, I decided Id tackle an item on my own summer bucket list....and I gutted my closet! 


The problem?  I wanted to go to bed that night, and my bed looked only slightly different from this....



It was a slow process but I felt like I accomplished something. 






And after the girls finished tennis camp and Grady hung out so nicely court-side while Mommy played tennis, the awesome kids got some hard-earned pool time at the club!

And this happened:

A lot
And this:







THANK YOU, MAC AND GRAMPS!!!
AWESOME birthday gift!!! 



In the last weeks of June, we started preparing for Uncle Jay's visit and his 40th birthday celebration! Grady was happy to help by picking limes from Mac and Gramps' trees :) 


And he discovered a bin of hand-me-down tools from another awesome friend, and couldnt wait to show Mac! 



One of my favorite people, Juliet (aka Aunt Jet) stopped by to say hi last month and I was reminded again that I KNOW good people when my kids fall right into place with them and act like theyve never missed a second of their lives.  Both kids acted like they just saw Aunt Jet yesterday instead of a year ago! We love Aunt Jet!




And since the "Inside Out" craze hit our house, Whitney has been LOVING the youtube pages that teach you how to draw the characters.  She has had a great time navigating the internet and watching drawing videos! 


And we had a belated Father's Day celebration with Gramps at their house....Pool fun! 

















These kids are SOOOO blessed to have this guy for a Gramps!! 


(out of order)
Some of Whitney's Inside Out artwork....
She made a crossover of Inside Out and My Little Ponies, decorating a pony for Joy, Sadness, Disgust, Anger, and Fear :) Their faces crack me up! 


And she followed a tutorial to draw Joy, her favorite! 



I played along, too :) 



This big guy said, "No, Im not tired...." about 12 seconds before this picture was taken. 


And ever the copycat, he watched Big Sister playing on the computer and couldnt resist! He has had so much fun on Starfall and ABC Mouse! 


And, of course, the Thomas website. 


That rounds out June 2015!
Im excited to get July pictures uploaded to the computer and uploaded to blogger and then posted! Its only halfway through, but July has been an awesome month! 

No comments:

Post a Comment