A lot has happened since the last post! Mostly good :)
The business is getting exciting....it isnt raking in the much-needed dough, but I am anticipating some increase in business in the new year. Last January and February were our biggest months, so I am hoping we can count on some big numbers. The staff changes we have made are looking good so far. There was a minor hiccup early this week, but through good communication, it has been resolved. Our new Center Director is excited about working in the center and has great ideas and motivation. She went from a school setting and hours, to a LOT of freedom and choices. It was rocky at first, but once we set some guidelines she has been excellent. I am grateful for that!
I am very very excited about starting my new role in the center. I have had a taste of it over the past weeks, and I cant wait to jump in feet first. I will be moving from a marketing/conferencing new enrollees/sales position to the much more "me" position of Education Director. I will be in charge of the teaching floor and keeping the kids' programs on track. I will get a LOT more time with the kids and the teachers, and I will still get to meet with parents to discuss progress, goals, etc. I am really looking forward to it. I officially start that role on Monday, so Eric and I are going into the center on Sat and/or Sunday to move my office and get me organized. I think this role will more closely resemble a classroom experience, and that is what I love....TEACHING. So I am looking forward to it and realizing that the new duties dont seem like "work" to me. Everyone just say prayers that Morgan is the perfect person to fill my old position (with better results)!!! :) Otherwise, I will be running the place myself! YIKES!!!!!!!!!
In TTC news....one of my closest friends lost her baby a few weeks ago. I am heartbroken for them. I didnt know they were trying, but knew they had a struggle to face when they eventually decided to try. She got pregnant on her first round of clomid (yeah!!!!!), but lost the baby shortly before Thanksgiving. We should be pregnant together. :( Fortunately, she is handling it like a starr* and is working with a great doc who is thorough and aggressive. I am continuing to pray for them, and a 2008 baby :)
In an awkward TTC note, Eric's step-sister is pregnant. Why is this awkward you ask? Because the loon decided to tell us via MYSPACE. Now, this is tacky and inconsiderate to begin with, but matters are made worse by the fact that we had specifically asked her NOT to do this again. Again, you ask? Yes, again. See, she was pregnant this summer and sent us a myspace email (not even to our personal email accounts....to our myspace page....weird) telling us "BIG NEWS!!" Now, I know what you are thinking......and I had to check to make sure I was not thinking it, too. I am not. You are thinking that I am just ad or jealous because she is pregnant and I am not. oh, not so! I am mad and disappointed that this chick calls me, emails me, and texts me on a REGULAR basis...she tells me happy she is that I am in their family....she treats me like one of her best friends...she sends us sappy, heartfelt cards talking about how hopeful she is for us and our IVF cycles.....she calls to talk specifically about fertility stuff....she is actively involved in our Baby Bass quest....she asks if we want to hang out before and after family functions....we get drinks together when she is in town.....my point is, she is not just a sister in law. She is a friend. And yet, myspace? seriously? I consider everyone who reads this blog a friend. If I had to find out any life-changing info re: you via a myspace bulletin, I would be disappointed. (Now, some of you I ONLY know via the internet, so that is different.....but even still, there are better internet spots to share importnant news!)
So no, I am not jealous....in fact, if I were to find out I am pregnant right now, I might freak out a little. I am too busy to be pregnant! So I am not jealous or envious. I am disappointed at her lack of thought and care. (And yes, I removed her from this blog...childish, i know, but I need a place where I can talk trash and not hear about it later....)
And in personal baby news: I have another cyst. Shocker, I know. This time, it is the size of a tennis ball. So far, I have had almost all the major sports balls....tennis, golf, baseball, softball,.....and honeydew melon. So I am taking 2 birth control pills a night in attempts to shrink the tennis. The pills are giving me hot flashes and sleepiness, but I cant complain. I think they are doing their job. The ultrasound showed it fairly clear-looking. I am hoping and praying that it isnt hemorrhagic (blood filled) since those are the ones that hurt the most and do the most damage. I was in the ER last January with a small hemorrhagic cyst, so I cant imagine what a tennis ball sized would feel like. ugh. I am praying that it goes away, and I already realize that it is part of His plan.
Once we get rid of this whopper, I think we are doing a clomid-IUI cycle. Yes, I know, clomid causes cysts......but so does my own body, so are we really taking a risk? I will keep you posted. I go back to the doc on January 2nd for a follow-up ultrasound. I dont expect it to be gone, but I am hoping for some major shrinkage.
On a good note, Eric was a good husband and dropped off some swimmers at the doc's office. We want them their for future use. Backup Swimmers. Second String. Insurance. Whatever you call them, they give us peace of mind. :)
Hope everyone enjoys a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS! and a SAFE and HAPPY and HEALTHY New Year! I am not gonna say "I hope 2008 brings us our Baby Bass" because I said that in 2006 and 2007.....but I hope 2008 brings us health and happiness :)
CHEERS! :)
3 comments:
Merry Christmas! Sorry about your SIL. That would make me sad too. Big (((HUGS))) for you and yours!
Love you, Kat!!! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and the happiest of New Years! I am so sorry your SIL treated you the way she did, but so happy things at the center are looking up! Enjoy your new role and I hope we get to catch up soon!
That sucks she did that to you again! Hugs!
Post a Comment