Thursday, March 3, 2011

Marching On....

Wow...so much has occurred since the last update.  Some major highlights:
*Every night before I head to bed, I check on Whitney at least once (usually two or three times).  Thank GOD I peeked in on her because she had puked (there really isnt a nice way to say that) from one end of her crib to the other.  She was sound asleep still, but covered in vomit (see? no nice way to paint that picture.) She had it in her eyelashes, ears, fingernails, and when I stripped her down to get in the tub, she even had pukies dried to her thigh beneath her pants.  Poor thing. She awoke halfway through a bath, happy as ever, while Eric was "Husband of the Year Decade" getting all the soiled sheets and blankets and Bear Blankets into the wash quickly. 
While the room was lysol-ed and wiped down, Whitney sat in our bed happily eating a pedialyte popsicle and asking kindly for "Bear Bwankie cwean now?" over and over.

Note the red toes :)


Eric, again performing his duties as "Husband of the Decade", installed Whitney's new pink swing ("FWING!") on our porch last weekend.  This is likely amongst the best $30 we've even spent on this kid.  She will sit in there forEVERRR, and we just laugh and talk and do high 5 over and over and over.


She had JUST woken up from her nap and we showed her the swing. She could NOT believe there was a swing at her house.  Soooo sweet! Completely unprovoked and without a reminder, Whitney softly smiled and said, "Thank you, Daddy! Wuv my fwing!" (Love my swing).

The child is almost two.  She has been in loooove with bear blanket since she was about 4 months old.  Youd think I would be able to suck it up and get over the fact that her lovie is NOT something I hand-picked to be her lovie. Bear Blanket is here to stay.  However, that does not stop me from offering NEW potential lovies for her to fall in love with.  I showed her the blanket my friend Kim sent when Whitney came home.  Kim's mom embroidered "Whitney Faith" and a sweet pink dress on the end of this satin blanket, and I would love for Whitney to exchange Bear Blanket for something nice like this.  And Whitney nicely obliges with hugs and kisses for the "new" blanket/potential replacement....but then quickly asks for "Bear Bwankie, Mommy?"  Oh well.  I try. 
In other exciting news, I spent several hours in the ER last Thursday evening after my doctor decided I had a pulmonary embolis.  I had all the signs and symptoms (minus the vomitting) and the ER doc was also convinced I was at death's door (i jest...but really, he was "certain" I had a PE, too.)  Chest xrays, CT Scan, breathing treatment/test, EKG, lots of waiting = not a pulmonary embolis.
They couldnt tell me what WAS causing my inability to catch my breath, but they ruled out all the crazy, scary things like cancer and embolii and heart attacks and whatnot.  So not only did I leave without answers or relief, but I was also told that I should "never, ever, under ANY circumstances" be on the birth control pill.  And if youve been around this blog awhile, you know that I HAVE to take birth control pills in order to prevent the giant cysts that I tend to grow for the county fair every single month.  When I asked Doogie Howser the smartass ER doctor what he recommended for cyst issues, he laughed and said "That is a question for your gyno."  nice.  Thanks, Doogie. 
So, this blood clotting "thing" I have is sort of a bigger deal than I was ever lead to believe.  Apparently Im super high-risk for blood clots, and when you add BCP to my system, Im pretty much gonna die an early death. Sooooo.....stay tuned for future posts where I whiiiiine about the cyst pain and the drama that ensues. Sweet. I can hardly wait either.


On a positive note, (and much to my mother's shock and surprise), the ER nurse only had to stick me once to get this nice IV in there.  Mom and I kept joking that we imagined more wine and fewer acronyms in our next Girls Night Out adventure.  Oh....wait....what's that? I didnt mention that MOM brought me to the ER? Oh yeah.  That's because I only like to have near-death experiences when Eric is out of town on business.  He arrived safely home from Texas right about the same time my CT Scan showed that all the days' doctors were in fact WRONG about their diagnosis.  I guess we all dodged some bullets, huh?


In case you havent noticed, I will point out now that 95% of the pics in this post are from my cell phone.  Apparently I am too lazy life moves to fast for me to drag the camera out as often as I used to. 

Eric and I were lucky enough to go to the Magic game the other night with some of our favorites, Julie and Jonah.  We all go to the same church, and our girls are the same age, and we live within 100 yards of each other.  I know. My life rocks. 
So while Eric was asked to take about 56,874 pictures of a group of middle-aged women who loved the cardboard cut-out of Dwight Howard, I cozied up to Mr. Jameer Nelson a little bit.  (Seriously, these women were in looooove with the cardboard Dwight.) I think I brought him some good luck because we left the game when the Tragic Magic were down 10 points, and Mr Nelson scored about a bazillion points as we listened to the Magic WIN the game in the car on the way home. 

I mean, really? How could you not love this man?


Our first pic together since.....hmmm..........our Christmas card pic?? Gotta start getting the camera out more....we're cute :)
Yesterday, Whitney and I enjoyed some time on the porch before I ran some errands.  She is looooving all her outside toys now :)

Yes, she's in a league of her own :)
And Whitney has started throwing these MASSSSSSIVE hissy fits every time I pick her up from my parents house.  She goes there about once a week while I run errands or have appointments (hair, docs, etc).  The last several times Ive dropped her off, she has lost. her. MIND.  Im talkin' full-on, throw-your-body-on-the-tile-floor-and-kick-and-hit-the-ground-because-i-dont-want-to-leave-mac-and-gramps'-house kinda fits.  So what does a Mommy do to try to combat these tantrums?  Buy her sh*t.
I got this $6 "walking, barking" puppy at Walgreens yesterday, and it INSTANTLY(ok, so it took a FEW minutes) stopped her mind-losing behavior.  Just look at that happy face:
Thankfully, Whitney ONLY loses her mind at my parents house. (Thankfully?)  If she had that kind of tantrum when I went to get her from the church nursery, they might not let me take her home with me!! I think she just gets away with nurder while being offered yummy snacks left and right  has SOOO much fun at Mac and Gramps that she doesnt want it to end :)
Last night was quite possibly one of my favoritest (its a word) moments as a Mommy.  I have a LOT of those moments, as I really do try to remember that life wasnt always THIS good and it might not always be THIS good.  But last night was up amongst the Top Three reasons I know God had this all planned, and why I know it all happened the way it was supposed to.
Eric was out with his dad and brother doing this:
Yes, that's his leg.  Yes, that's a bass. All the Bass boys are getting similar bass-tastic tattoos on varying parts of their body. 
...so Whitney and I did this:
We laid on the couch and stayed up late (9:40) watching Tinkerbelle on TV and laughing and cuddling and (obviously) taking cell phone self portraits to send to Daddy. 
I reluctantly did the right thing and laid our sweet girl in her crib around 9:40 last night.  We said sweet good nights and thanked God for another fabulous day in the lives of the Bass girls.  I walked out of the room with tears in my eyes, eternally grateful for this little blessing who makes every LITTLE thing seem like a BIG DEAL and every BIG DEAL seem insignificant all at once and in all the right ways.  I sat down on the couch, texted Eric that Sleeping Beauty was in her crib and quiet, and then started surfing through our DVR to find something that required brain cells.  I sneezed and heard the sweetest, softest, CUTEST little voice (imagine Cindy Lou Who's voice.....but cuter) say, "Bwesshu, Mommy." over the monitor.  That sweet little angel heard me sneeze from across the house (note to self: simmer the sneezes down a tad) and instantly reacted with a "Bless you, Mommy." And *I* and HER Mommy.  I looove that *I* get to be called "Mommy" now....but I love that SHE is the ONE who calls me "Mommy".  I am fairly certain it doesnt get any better than this.  How could it POSSIBLY get better??

Oh...and she was practicing for her birthday invite today.  Cute, right?


Meeska, Mooska, yes, it's true!
Whitney Faith is turning TWO!!


 

1 comment:

Mrs.Joe said...

Sorry to hear about your ER adventures - I hope they can come up with a better way for you to manage the cysts! Whitney is as adorable as always. Hope you feel better!!

Post a Comment