Whitney's school hosts a Pumpkin Patch every year to raise money for the church's youth groups. About a week before the pumpkin trucks arrived, we told Whitney that her school was soon going to have pumpkins in the field, and we would pick our pumpkin and carve it. She was very excited, and would announce "We going to get PUMPKINS at my school soon!" every single time we drove past her school. :) She was thrilled to visit the pumpkins after school with me and with her class one day last week. The kids also had their Fall pictures taken in the pumpkin patch and a class pic taken on the hay bales :) I cant WAIT to see how they turned out :)

I thought Whitney would want "the BIGGEST pumpkin in da patch", but she has repeatedly told us she wants "a teeny, tiny baby pumpkin", so we will finally get a teeny tiny baby pumpkin and carve it a teeny, tiny bit this weekend. We will get a big pumpkin at Walmart (where the gigantic beasts are only $4, as opposed to $20 at a legit pumpkin patch.) and Eric will have fun carving it while I have fun roasting and eating the seeds from inside :)

We have tried and tried to get our act together enough to take a family pic at the pumpkin patch, and it hasnt happened yet. Im not giving up, as we might just snap a few after church on Sunday...at the very last second, of course. Id hate to skip this year, especially since Whitney goes to school AT the pumpkin patch and we really dont have any reasonable excuse to skip it...but it seems Eric has worked late or we have Awana nights or I am just too tired to look cute and smile every time we think about heading for pics. We'll see....

I snapped these pics after school one day, perhaps knowing that our little family of three couldnt coordinate enough to all be in the same location at the same time while all looking decent. :) Whitney was proudly shouting, "HAPPY FALL, Y'ALL!!" and cracking me up :) I really need to make a post about all the funny things she's been saying lately. She is hilarious!

We had a few chilly mornings last week, where we were driving to school in 50 degree temps. Whitney must have forgotten what it was like to wear a jacket because she was SOOOO excited to wear last year's Minnie Mouse fleece to school. I remember my grandmother repeatedly telling me that I was NOT allowed to wear my new, red plaid, WOOL, pleated skirt out of the house in 80 degree weather, and apparently on a mission to follow in my footsteps, Whitney begged to wear her fleece jacket out of school, despite the fact that temps had risen nicely to a comfortable 78 degrees after school. She did NOT want to leave school without that jacket on. I cranked the air conditioning in the car for the 4 minute ride home, and she rocked out to some "Our God" in the car. She shakes her head "yes" when the lyrics say, "Our God is greater...Our God is stronger....God, you are higher (arms raised!) than ANY other!" and is soooo animated throughout the song. Sooo fun to hear her sing all the songs we play in the car, but especially fun to hear her sing songs from church. :)

She loved her jacket so much, she asked me to take off her pants when she finally got too warm to take much more. I asked if she'd like me to just take her jacket off and she said "No way! I wuv dis jacket!" I was able to easily get her to remove the jacket before laying down for a nap. :)

Last night, Whitney was lucky enough to have a sleepover at my parents house while Eric and I headed to spend the night at an amaaaazing suite at Disney. While we were excited to spend time with an awesome couple at Epcot's Food and Wine festival, we had to DVR last night's new episode of Parks and Rec on NBC. Why, you ask?? Because my cousin was on the episode! and the commercials! and he hung out on set a lot! And got to meet Chevy Chase and Rob Lowe and had fun chatting with Amy Pohler! How lucky are they to meet MY cousin!?! Soo cool. Wanna see? I knew you would. :) Here is Mike standing next to Amy Pohler in one of the funny scenes. If you dont watch Parks and Rec, you should. I would watch it anyway, even if my cousin wasnt

And while Mike was continuing the family tradition of being awesome leaders in the entertainment industry (have I mentioned my brother won an EMMY?! and my other cousins opened for The Fray at Red Rocks, and played with Mumford and Sons in Canada this weekend?!?), Eric and I walked our happy butts around the Happiest Place on Earth. :) We met some friends who were celebrating their son's 3rd birthday, but without a kid of our own with us, it was noticeably different! No stroller to hold all our stuff. No anticipating the next potential meltdown situation. No care for wait times or when someone else had to eat next. No sunscreening repeatedly. Just us. Weird. FUN! I got popcorn the second we walked through the gates, something I NEVER do with Whitney in tow because I dont like

Julie and Jonah live right around the corner from us and Jonah and Eric and I all used to work together at the bank. They have a daughter who is just two months younger than Whitney and who we adore!! Emma and Whitney are destined to be fabulous friends and classmates, and they already look forward to seeing each other at church and Awana each week. And it helps that Jonah and Eric get along great, while Julie and I have so much in common and love spending time together, too. I love when God puts people in your life at just the right times :) Ya just cant beat friends who have similar parenting styles, the same beliefs and morals, and enjoy the same activities.
Jonah has connections that got us into the penthouse suite at a resort on Disney grounds. It. was. BEAUTIFUL. I mean, BEAUTIFUL. Three bedrooms, better cabinets and crown molding and fixtures than anything in our own home, and furnishings made for royalty...like us :) We had so much fun walking around the countries at Epcot, eating along the way, and then headed back to the suite. The lines were MUCH better this week, so we were able to eat and/or get drinks in Canada, the UK, Belgium, Morocco, Italy, Germany, Japan, South Korea, China, Mexico, and Singapore while listening to the Gin Blossoms bring us back to high school days :) We laughed so hard and had so much fun! We had planned this overnight stay back before we knew I was pregnant, so I wasnt able to have drinks or ride roller coasters as anticipated, but the weather was perfect and I couldnt have asked for better company.
This morning, we grabbed some quick breakfast while the rain passed, and then headed to Hollywood Studios for a quick visit. In the parking lot, I saw a little boy wearing a really cute Buzz Lightyear hoodie. I pointed it out to Eric and thought that it was clothes like that that make me excited for the possibility of a son on the way. :) Not all boys clothes are as cute as girls, but Ive seen some super cute boy stuff lately and I get excited when something makes a boy sound even more fun :) Then, as we walked through a shop on Hollywood Blvd....there it was! I found my very own BASS Lightyear!!! I think I'll keep him 'til Infinity and beyond!!!" :) (Its super cute on a lil 3 year old boy...promise. :))

Cheers to many more memories with great friends and neighbors! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment