OK, I have posts set to publish every morning this week. LOTS of pictures!
Early last week, Eric's dad dropped by to say hi. Whitney was SOOO excited to hear we would be having dinner with Papa two nights later :)
Dont worry...Grady didnt accomplish the swan dive, despite his greatest efforts :)
While we were at dinner with Papa two nights later, Whitney REALLLY wanted to sit on Papa's lap. He was finishing up his dinner so I told Whitney she had to wait. She scooted over close to me, leaned in, rolled her eyes (!?) and said, "umm, AWWKWARD!"
I had to laugh.
Whitney's imagination has been out of control lately. She's always had a great imagination and a phenomenal memory, but when she combines the two, she blows us away.
She found my headband on the floor in our bathroom and gasped!
"MOMMY! I found a golden horseshoe!! It will fit my horse 'Shooting Star' perfectly! Oh, she is going to LOVE it!"
She was sitting on the counter as we were trying to figure out how to pack the cars to head to the beach. One car? Two cars? Decisions, decisions. She (again) gasped and held her little finger up and said, "*I* have a solution!!"
(She didnt...but it was a nice try...and a big word for a three year old eavesdropping on her parents' dilemma.)
At the beach we were pretty slack about making her take naps unless she clearly showed signs on NEEDING a nap. One day she wouldnt put her head down despite being exhausted. She was singing, clapping, and just doing anything to avoid a nap. Eric went into her room and started counting
"ONE...........TWOOOOO.......you better put your head down."
He rarely makes a move at "three", so I called in
"Whitney, you HAVE to take a nap or youre not going to the beach later...."
she quickly replied...
"But Mommy! I CANT fall asleeeeep! Daddy keeps COUNTING!!"
as if Eric was the reason she couldnt fall asleep. LOL
We were saying prayers before bed the other night and, in typical Whitney fashion, she had us rolling.
"Dear Heavenwy Fadder, we thank you for this special day and for the time we got to spend wiff our fwiends and family. We thank you for our church.....and da Bible.............and.......for bears...(Eric and I shoot each other a look.)...and forrrrr....pillows......"
recognizing that she is derailing these prayers and stalling, Eric steps in:
"Is there anything we need to ask forgiveness for today, Whitney?"
Whitney quickly and loudly replies:
"NO WAY!!"
We are working on that concept.
One morning last week, we were playing with Little People in the playroom. Whitney wanted to play Animal Kingdom. We got out all the animals and she organized them. She put all the jungle animals together in "the rainforest" under Grady's bouncer seat arc. Then she put all the "dangerous animals" together on the letter 'T" on the rug. Lions, Tigers, Polar bears. She used the fish-themed toy from Grady's high chair as the "marine science center", placing the walrus, penguins, octopus, fish, etc there to swim.
She lined up all Santa's reindeer and called that the petting zoo, then put all the farm animals on a square together. She put all the elephants on the letter 'E', appropriately. And she wanted the giraffes and the camel together because "they all have longer necks than everyone else."
We played this for a good hour before she got distracted, but it was so fun to hear her reasons and listen to her "walk" the little people around her Animal Kingdom on a tour.
Eric's company has a corporate pass to the Orlando Science Center. I was able to take four friends with us to enjoy the day and watch our girls have fun!
Mandy and Avery, Julie and Emma, and Whitney and Grady and I had SO much fun! We cant wait to go back!
I dont think the girls could pick a favorite room or area. They made music.....
(LOUD music)
......played with water.....
......picked oranges and brought them to the "factory".....
(clearly Grady was excited about this adventure)
LOVE her :)
We are STILLLL struggling with the whole "LOOK INTO THE CAMERA" concept. At least she smiles though :)
....and they loved the elevator taking us to the "swamp" filled with alligators and turtles!
Emma may or may not have tried to climb into the swamp with the alligators and turtles. Real, live alligators and turtles. She has "bait" written all over her. SOOO strong!
Wait. How did this happen? How did this little girl suddenly look like she's ready for kindergarten!?
We were quickly told "NO SQUEALING GIRLS! There are LIVE animals here!!" when these two climbed into the rocking chair :) SO. MUCH. FUN!
They checked out some gross animals :)
And were SO excited to see "Nemo" and his friends. Whitney was so thrilled to tell her friends "I petted a real sting ray at the marine science center! Just like Mr. Ray!" (from Nemo)
Our bowheads workin' the tractor :)
Whitney and I were disappointed to learn that the car had been removed. She was really looking forward to changing tires and checking the oil and working on the air conditioning. She fell asleep that night asking me to call the science center and ask when the car will be back. :)
Loud? Yes. Fun? For sure!
And Grady did such an awesome job! As I drove home I thought "Six or eight weeks ago, I NEVER wouldve thought I would have taken both kids to the science center together." Grady has really fallen into this relaxed, easy-going personality and I am SOOO grateful!
We have been blessed with such amazing girlfriends for Whitney to grow up with! And it is such a huge blessing that these girlies have AWESOME Mommies who I love to pieces!
No comments:
Post a Comment