This little girl is so grown up now!
She has struggled with behavior a litttttle bit lately. As all kids struggle at times. Nothing tragic or terrrrrrible. Just requiring more patience and wine for mommy. Sigh.
After one particularly dramatic meltdown, I sent Whitney in the house while I unloaded groceries and got Grady out of his carseat. Well before the box of crackers was even in the pantry, this girl had fallen asleep. Shoes on. Still clutching the flowers her Mac and Gramps gave her.
"But I'm NOT tirrrrred!!!!" Uh huh. Right. Some days, I wonder if I should reinstate the afternoon nap. Poor girl. We are both learning to wade through four years old with more happy memories than dramafied madness. Pray for us. Phew.
And it's a good thing we are both good at mending fences and moving on because we've had some sickness and a daddy business trip to contend with. And teamwork makes the dream work, so it helps that Whitney seems to "get it" when life gets hectic and out of control, and she goes into "I'm on my bestest behavior" mode. Thank. God.
More on the exhausting illness currently attacking my son, but for now....the cuteness that is our daughter:
"Did you have chocolate at Mac and Gramps'?"
"Ummm. I fink so."
Ya fink?
And seriously, top yen Whitney outfits of all time:
Gymboree, you complete me.
And she wore it to a birthday party for our neighbors. And since Grady has us down for the count, Eric took W to ride the go karts at the boys' 4th birthday party. Who had more fun?!
And and that night after the sick child was in bed, I got to snuggle this girl while she snuggled her monster from her Aunt Crystal, watching a new episode of Henry Hugglemonster, and then headed to bed to read her the new Monsters University book we picked out.
That helped me forget that this was a frequent face in our house recently:
Sadness. Sigh. More on that later.
This girl started ballet lessons again. And she is listening and participating so much better than she did just 12 months ago.
And seriously? So cute.
But tonight, I got to bake (packaged....I don't even know what "from scratch" means) muffins with my girl.
So simple and always fun.
And then we learned Taylor Swift VH1 Storyteller was on tv tonight. And my favorite little girl grabbed one of my old teaching phonics workbooks and excitedly said, "Hey Mommy!! I have an idea! How bout I learn in dis book while we watch Taylor Swift!!?" She was so excited!
And she is soooo smart!!! I bet she will be reading by Christmas :)






















No comments:
Post a Comment