Whitney always asks me to snuggle "wiff" her before bed. Seriously, the world would be a better place if everyone ended the day with that kinda happiness. Love her.
The weather has been getting a litttttttttle bit cooler each day so Grady and I headed outside for a little bit. I was tryin to show him lizards and the lake but he was only interested in the pool pump. He was so funny. He wanted to crank, push, pull, and turn every button, knob, or lever out there, and he kept throwing his hands up in his signature "what happened?" stance. Just like daddy 😃
For the last four years, Eric has had an amazing perk from his company. We were able to get four people into Disney every day of the year using a pass Eric was given through work. He used it primarily for employee recognition and official functions, but we were blessed with its benefits, too. It was a good four year run of Disney play dates and parkhopping but Eric no longer manages that part of the Disney account, so the pass is now extinct. Sad face. Until Mac and Gramps saved the day!!! They bought all of us Disney annual passes!!! So the magic continues! (And now we get all the typical discounts and perks of pass older status! Woohoo!) thanks Mac and Gramps!!!
We broke in our new passes with a visit to Magic Kingdom and some Epcot Food and Wine festival.
Knuckles for gramps!
Grady wasn't sure what to think of the castle show. He's seen it before but never as close as we got last weekend. His faces are too funny!
Eric took Whitney on a rollercoaster and then we hit the carousel and headed to Epcot.
Grady loved Pluto 😃 "WooWooWoo!"
Asking for hugs 😃
Happy kids 😃
We got more pics with the gang inside and then of course Mac and Gramps spoiled the kids with more new toys!
A "Buzz Lightyear Action Toy" for Grady. With lots of buttons and lasers and wings. He's a house favorite already.
And a Doc McStuffins doctor kit for Whitter. Both kids are in love with this toy too! Thanks again Mac and Gramps!
And while we definitely appreciate the gift of annual passes that our whole family can enjoy, and we love seeing our kids happy with favorite new toys, the best part is watching my kids get love and hugs and laughs with their grandparents. There is no greater gift.
We all watched Sister Hazel sing a few songs and then ended the day with snoozing toddler, happy girl, and the long ride home.
Thanks Mom and Dad!! Let's do it again soon!!
And that Doctor kit sure came in handy when Whitney spiked a 104 fever in the middle of the night! She looks real sick, right?!
Since she had a fever, I kept her home from school on Monday. Her fever went away with Motrin and she showed no sight of legit illness but I like to abide by the whole "fever free for 24 hrs before dragging those germs out in public" rule. So we all enjoyed a quiet day at home.....
....until that night. Then both kids ended up with fevers. Neither was acting really sick and I assumed it was another Disney bug we like I catch and release, but I figured a trip to the doc wouldn't hurt. I got them both in at 9am, just after Whitney had the most outrageous nose bleed everrrrrrrr. (I'll spare you that pic)
Both look fine, right? Wrong.
As happy as they were at 9am, they each had an ear infection (with G's tubes?!?!!) and they tested Whitney for the flu. Lovely. By 11am, after waiting for the official flu diagnosis, picking up Ammoxicilan for two and waiting for tamiflu for two, the sickies were settling in.
Grady went from happy boy....
... To a pukey, sad, whiny, cuddly, pitiful mess by noon. So sad.
He was begggggging for milk but I knew he would throw it up, so we tried water and Gatorade first. He tossed those back up right away. It was so sad. Thankfully W was just feeling tired and sniffly, but wasn't vomiting yet, but all I wanted to do was cuddle my sick kids and I had to stick with the one who needed me most. Poor dude was headed for an ER visit if I didn't get fluids in him quickly, so we started with a dropper of Gatorade every five minutes. As he kept that down, I added more. After an hour, he fell asleep and woke up sweaty but hungry. I was glad the worst of it was behind us.
Grateful for smiles before bed but the doc said Whitney shouldn't go to school until next week. She never spiked a fever again and she clearly looked better after just a few doses of tamiflu, so after missing four days, we brought her back to school on Friday.
In the mean time, the weather was gorgeous but we were inside playing with potato heads and coloring and tracing ourselves and catching up on books and movies and apps.
Grady have kisses to all his grandparents in the book Ms. Mandy have him 😃
And I knew we were allllll better when my little helper was back on my heels, raiding the pantry and climbing the stove before breakfast.
There was some Barbie play before we finally got stir crazy enough to bust outta the house to the park on Thursday.
We stopped by Mac and Gramps' to try on the fancy and fabulous Christmas outfits Mac bought for them! How freaking cute?!? I'm in love. Whitney's dress is getting hemmed and we are going to make Grady a tie with the leftover fabric. Amazing, right?!
Sillies before the park 😃
Big kid!
On Thursday night, a college bestie and my sorority little sister, Annie, and her boyfriend spent the night on their way to their vacation. Always fun catching up and listening to Annie say "you can't say yes to a ring until you are thirty!!!!" Whitney promptly changed that to "16". Riiiiight.
After dropping W off at school, Grady and I walked over to the schools pumpkin patch for a little bit 😃
I love this little boy so much 😃
But there we were, back on the couch with a fever and sad boy. Again. I think we are past the flu now, and just battling the ear infection and some teeth coming in. Dude can't catch a break.
On Friday night, Eric enjoyed a night out with friends while W and I snuggled in my bed with her LeapPad and some laughs. Then she headed to bed and I fell asleep with sinus meds and a new Dateline on TV. Love those nights almost as much as I love a fun night out lol
Grady creeped us out with some staring contests.
And today, in hopes of wearing Grady out for an early nap allowing us to head to the Clemson Alumni event, we went to the mall for some train riding and Gymboree shopping. It turns out we didn't have to do much to wear Grady out because he was sad, in pain (both ear and teeth), and just unhappy. The only real smiles we got were when Whitney started making faces on our train ride.
He started copying her and thinks she is hilarrrrrious!
Which works out nicely for Whitney, who aims to please 😃
The Motrin kicked in and Grady took that early nap we had hoped for, but my sinuses exploded and his previous unpredicability lead us to can the Alumni event and opt for some college football on the couches.
Sad boy and I hung out on the couch while Eric took Whitney to a local event with pink fire trucks and a petting zoo! She loved it!
We all watched my Tigers beat Boston College (and said a lil prayer that Clemson gets their act together before the FSU game next week. Yikes.)
Too sweet. "❤️ I Grady". So it's backwards?! It's still super cute. And she "added the train at the bottom because I know how much Grady likes trains."
And in honor of his love for trains, Grady went to bed in his new hand me down jammies from an elementary school friends' kids! Thomas jammies?! Awesome!
Edited to add "real camera" pictures:
























































































No comments:
Post a Comment