Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Signs? Coincidence? Ironic? More to think about....

More and more signs are adding up!

For example: Last night Eric and I talked again and he said he really thinks that we can get pregnant on our own. I cried (thought I was past that phase...?) and told him that it is nice to THINK that, but we also cant be ignorant about our situation. He said "you ovulate, i have swimmers...tell me why it CANT happen....we just need to have faith." He was sooo right! He went on to talk about how God performs miracles everyday and that I shouldnt think that we arent good enough or faithful enough to deserve a miracle of our own. We left the discussion up in the air. I wasnt quite ready to commit to trying on our own again. Last time we tried I ended up in the hossy at 4am with a hemorrhagic, PAINFUL cyst. I am skeptical, but trying to have faith.

So, I go off to bed to read my book. It is by James Patterson and I have read all the books in this "series" (The Women's Murder Club). Well, there is one main character and 3 of her friends are supporting cast members. One of them got shot and was in the hospital and when all the friends gathered to check on her (she was fine) she told them she had a secret to tell them. One of the friends says "let me guess, you are pregnant!" They all laughed because the wounded friend is 43 years old, and apparently that's funny. Well, the chick says "you stole my thunder!"....she IS pregnant. I know it's just a character in a fictional book...but I just thought it was weird that I happened to read THAT chapter last night RIGHT after our convo. The last line of the chapter is "My Miracle Baby!"

THEN...as if those silly, superstitious signs arent enough for me to commit....I got an email from one of my best friends giving me the # for her gyno. SHe LOVES this man and swears he can help me. Just thought that was weird that, out of the blue, after having talked about him a few times, she chose TODAY to email me his number. (So I have an appt with him a week from tomorrow and the nurse receptionist told me "he will sit and listen to you for HOURS if you want....he will try his best to help you honey.")

THEN....(last one)...my next door neighbor and close friend asked me if I wanted to help her baby sit a 5 month old tomorrow. She said "it will be good practice for us!" I havent been around a little baby in a few months, so I thought it was odd that this just popped up today!So...there are my "signs" and coincidences. You can think I am crazy (I kinda do...) and I just might be. I am going to go to the doc appt next week, see what he thinks, and get a game plan from there. I really want to lose another 15 lbs before TTC again....but if this doc is optimistic, maybe i will change my mind....maybe.

4 comments:

Heather said...

How exciting, Kat! I was checking out your blog all day wondering if you were updating...I'm so glad you did! God is good, and no matter what He is going to bless you and Eric in some way for being faithful to Him! Love you, sweetie!

Lauren said...

It looks like u got tons of signs to go for it!!! God is Great! This just might be your chance at being a mommy! I still have goosebumps about all your signs! I have a feeling your time has come! I get gut feelings about things that usually come true and i got it now! I say what would it hurt to give it a try! God has you and your hubbys mind in the same place basically! He helped yall sell your house and then boom 50 signs about babies!!! Whatever you choose will be right for you and Eric I'm sure! Do what yall feel is right as a couple! Im praying for you!

Tammy said...

Kathleen~I think it is great that you are giving this a second look. I just bought Oprah's magazine was reading a piece were the couple was deciding whether to have a baby and the counsilor said she hears of couples regretting not having a child but never hears of them regretting having the child. So if you are looking for votes I vote YES. I would like to understand tho why does your overy get cysts?

Mandie said...

I am so excited for you! These signs are crazy! In a good way, LOL! :)

Post a Comment