(stole this idea from Steph's blog....GREAT way to bring yourself back to reality); please keep in mind these are in NO particular order!!
* bug spray/ant killer (just had a big fight with a pile of ants)
* cell phones
* my dog, Bailey
* my family....the saying "We might not have it all together, but together we have it all" has never been truer.
* my friends...I have never been one to have a close group of friends, but have always been the chick who is "friends with everyone". I finally feel okay with that. I have my close girlfriends (Kathy, Summer, Dallas, Kirsten), and I talk to them enough that they know (i hope) how much they mean to me. I can share things with them that I might not share with others. And then I have my not-as-close, but-still-special friends (Jenn, Jenn, Jessica, Ann, Ashley, Melissa, Crystal, Juliet, Lynzie, etc) who I talk to often enough to know that we love each other and think about each other often, but who live far away or work crazy hours or have lots of kids or are planning a wedding, etc, and time just slips by without realizing we havent seen each other in w while....BUT, when we DO finally get together to catch up, it is like we never were apart...old times...good times. THEN, I have my online friends who know a lot of stuff about me and like me anyway :) They would all nicely fit into any of my previous friend categories....some might be closer than others, but the ones who arent AS close would still be there for me if I needed them and (i hope) know that I would drop everything if they needed me.
* Eric...oh, yeah, back to this list thing. Should probably put him on there somewhere, huh? He is quite simply the best thing that has EVER happened to me. I thank God every day for bringing Eric into my life. He has taught me so much and we have grown together so nicely. He will be a wonderful daddy someday, but for now, he is an amazing husband (most days!)
* my church....we have found a fantastic church and really get a lot out of the messages our pastor shares each week. We also are drawn to share our faith with others and to give back to the world, not just receive. We have sooo many people praying for us and so many people who genuinely care. It is such a comforting feeling. We always pray that we can be as helpful to them as they are to us.
* books...i feel lost and a little sad after I finish a good book. I really get into it. Eric makes fun of me for reading so fast and so much....it's like my little escape.
* our home....we have a beautiful home in a great, safe neighborhood. we work hard for it (Eric especially), and it is nice to see the fruits of our labor, and nice to know we have a safe, warm place to come home to.
* my treadmill.....some days i hate the thing, but right now i am loving it. I feel SOOOO much better on the days that I run.
* my one remaining ovary...might seem silly, but as most of you know, I only have one left and I hope she is a little fighter! I am so grateful that the docs didnt have to take it out, too. I know she has some good eggies left in her somewhere......I'll find em eventually.
* the hard times. They help me get stronger, they help me appreciate the good times even more, and they help bring people together. It stinks when you are in the middle of it, but when you come out on top, you are stronger and better for having been through it. After all, what fun would life be if it was allllll happy, alll sunshine, and allllll roses alllllll the time??? Not very exciting! :)
There is, of course, a LOT more that I am grateful for....i just thought I'd give you all a glimpse into what makes me tick, and give myself something to reflect on when days dont seems as easy anymore.
1 comment:
Love this! Might have to do my own. :) I agree. . next pedi should be at your place :)
Post a Comment