Thursday, August 30, 2007

To: My Mom

My mom is my my best friend and worst enemy (well, almost) all wrapped into one 5'2" body. :) I love her more than she knows, and she worries more than she should (a personality trait I wish she kept to herself.....) She lets me share and share and share without censor or warning, and sometimes I can hear her wincing through the phone. She is honest and sometimes can hurt, but she will always be behind me to cheer me on, cheer me up, or tell me "welll,...maybe you should try it THIS way instead...") She is an awesome chick with high expectations and high hopes. Sometimes I wish she would rely on God and faith a little more, but I understand why she feels like He has "let her down" in the past. I know that she knows that our genes and our family help us to get through ANYTHING, and that Eric and I both know that family is numero uno.

Dear Mom, :)

you and eric are my best friends...you are each good for different things :)
I missed you while you were gone...a LOT....i would find myself driving down the road to work or laying in bed at night realizing that I hadnt told you about my day ahead or the day that past......i love talking to you every day, whether it is just to say "hi", to tell you some crazy-ass thing my friends (or their husbands) have done, or to complain/brag about the business. I am not telling you this to get you "on my side", as I know that Dad and I are gonna have to figure some stuff out on our own. I am just saying it because I want you to know that I hope I am as close to my daughters as I am to my mommy. someday....
You are gonna be a ROCKSTAR Gramma.....I cant wait to watch you hold my babies, read to them, and tell me how I doing something "wrong". I know that you always have my best interests at heart, and I know that is why you are not a fan of my blog ("people dont need to know everything!" "it could come back to haunt you"!) but please know that you raised me well, and that I am smart enough and strong enough to A) know what to post and what NOT to post and B) handle anything that comes my way. It's the tough times that make me stronger. :) oh, and genetics certainly helps. Love you The Mommy. :)

1 comment:

Joe, Lynzie, Corbyn & Callie said...

I love this blog! This is my first time getting on, but it speaks to me greatly, you know I have the same type of relationship with my mom:) but these things need to be said!!! Moms are so special and need to hear it more often, but boy do they know how to push our buttons-yay for moms, the hardest job in the world (so i'm told).

Post a Comment