Sunday, September 30, 2007

"Evangelism Explosion"

I am heading off to bed soon, but wanted to post about a meeting Eric and I went to at church last week. If you ever have the opportunity to attend a meeting or conference for "Evangelism Explosion (EE)", DO IT! We loved it. I was selfishly concerned about spending our Sunday afternoon (2:30-7pm) in a meeting, and wasnt enjoying the idea of having to share my testimony (how I came to know Christ), but that is exactly WHY we attended. To help us share our faith with others. The meeting gave us some good things to think about to help us bring others to know Christ, or at least get them thinking. Some things we learned or had reinforced:
* Heaven is a free gift. It is not earned or deserved.
* We are all sinners. We can not save ourselves. (We need Christ.)
* God is a just God. He must punish sin. But He is a forgiving God, and He wants us to be happy.
* Christ is man and God. He died on the cross for us, rose from the dead to pay the penalty for our sin. He purchased our spots in heaven.
*Faith is not "head knowledge" or temporary. It is trusting in Jesus Christ alone, as your savior.

All of these things, when I really think about them, help me through the day/week. Faith is not easy, especially in today's society...and especially when I am apparently genetically pre-disposed to WORRY! But I have prayed and asked God on a number of occasions to PLEASE take this desire to be a mommy. Take it out of my heart. Make me not want it so bad. If I dont want it anymore, it doenst hurt so bad. I have faith in God. He wouldnt put this strong desire in my heart if He didnt plan on bringing it to life. The Bible says I just need to have faith as "big" as a mustard seed. No problemo.... :) I am starting to have good feelings about January's IVF cycle. All I need to do is keep the faith.
Eric and I have so much to be proud of and happy about. We live a wonderful life with fabulous parents and great relationships. Our friends are supportive and funny, and always know how to make us laugh. These are the things that life is really about. We are so blessed. I know (and have faith :) ) that the rest will fall into place just as nicely as things have so far. One thing is for sure: God has perfect timing...He is never late, but man...He is never early either! :)

OK, off to bed. Hope everyone has a great week!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment