...he is never late, but he is certainly NEVER early!! :)
OK, so I just had a REALLY cool experience...again, at the perfect time :)
I came into my office with the intentions of walking in the building, darting into my office, closing the door, and preparing for my 6pm conference. Then, I wanted to do the 6pm conference, get the kid scheduled, and get OUT of work again. I am not feeling "bad" or "negative",..just not chipper or particularly awake :)
Well, I walk in the door and there are 2 high school girls (one is a current student, another is getting tested today), my Education Director, Margie, who is phenomenal, and the mother of another child who was tested today. Marige was talking with the mom and I heard her say, "he is happy to be here and willing to work, so that is always a step in the right direction with the high school boys", so i figure margie's got it covered, i can duck into my office with a nice smile and wave, and be on with my plans. Well, then my doc office calls on my cell. I have been awaiting their return call, so I quickly closed my door and i told the new IVF nurse the deal (we wanna cycle soon, blah blah) and we chatted for a minute...nothing big, but a nice, reassuring conversation. Turns out the lab is going to stay open longer this holiday season..(they normally close for about 3 weeks at Christmas and New Years.) So, we had a nice chat..and she is going to call me back tomorrow with a plan of attack (yeah...but intimidating, too)!!
So while i am on the phone there was a knock at my door. I didn't say "come in" like I normally do, because I was on the phone with my nurse. So when i finished the phone call I opened the door and Margie and the mom were there. The mom wanted to pay for her son's testing today, and set up an appointment to go over his results. She sat down and started spilling her heart out about her son and how upset she is that he is falling behind and that he told her "mom, you'll just have to lower your expectations for me..i just cant do the work". So she brought him to us. She was very sweet, genuine, and FUNNY. She told me that she had to watch her son walk the sidelines during Friday night's football game because his grades had made him ineligible to participate. With tears in her eyes, she asked me, "Kathleen, do you have kids?" and I said, "not yet! But we will.." and before I could even THINK I said "we have been trying for a while.."
Now, I had JUST met this woman! WHY would I share that with her!? It just slipped. Maybe because I had just been on the phone??? I dont know.
Well, she said, "If your bracelet is any indication of your faith, you will be a mom someday soon.." (I wear a "Jesus Fish" silver bracelet that Eric game me a long time ago. Some people think it's because my last name is Bass, but it is mostly as a reminder to keep the faith and stay strong. I wear it as faithfully as I wear my wedding rings.)
We went on to discuss our faith and God's perfect timing and she, just like most people who find out we have struggled with Baby Dreams, told me a story about her sister who tried for years and just delivered healthy twin boys last week. :) Now, I know this is the part where everyone else says "SEE?! It'll happen for you and Eric because it happened for her sister!" and I would love to agree with you. :) The story about her sister wasn't the uplifting or helpful part. It was the way she shared her faith and the little reminder that I would have missed if I had gone about my day with MY plan of attack. Meeting this mom today helped me remember to let God's plan fall into place.....and to let go of my stress about things I have no control over.
OK...off to prep my 6pm conference....with my office door open. :)
3 comments:
Perfect timing...isn't that amazing?! Good for you! I am so excited for your cycle (whenever that may be). :)
SO excited for you, Kat!! Great things are coming your way!!!
Thanks for sharing your blog (Just Mom's) your reminder from that mom just became MY reminder. I needed that.
Post a Comment