Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Debated whether to post this or not....

but I decided to put it out there :) I let a select group of friends and family read this blog because I dont like putting ALL my thoughts and feelings out in the open for Eric's employees, my employees, former students, etc to read, analyze, and judge. So, if you find yourself among the "chosen" ones, consider yourself "lucky" (HAHA) and then do me a favor....if I see you in real life, dont mention the topics of this blog unless I bring them up first. Kay? :)

So...that disclaimer out there..let me give you a little recap or background so that you understand WHY I am making this request for "silence" on the topic. In 2006, Eric and I went through IVF. I typed out all my feelings, thoughts, hopes, and dreams...and then emailed them to everyone i had ever met. BIG mistake. HUGE mistake. At the time, I was just so excited that I didnt see the harm in doing so. When the test came back negative, I had to talk about it with EVERYONE I came in contact with. Church, school, the gym, breakfast, lunch, and dinner....it was all about how sorry everyone was and "what is the next step" and "now what" and (the worst one of all) "it'll happen...i just know it", etc. It got old and Eric and I decided that, while everyone meant well and were only trying to help, it was our own fault (err, MY own fault) for putting it all out there for everyone to read and question.
Therefore, we have decided not to spread the news this time. Only my online IVF/Hot Mama friends will hear daily updates. They "get it" and know the road well. I will share with my mom because, well, she's my mom and I cant keep ANYTHING from her. I am sharing this on here mostly because it helps me. I like writing it out. The "real life friends" (as opposed to online friends) who read this....please dont ask me 100000000 questions about it all. I want to be able to share it without feeling like another negative would let you down, too. I am not accusing ANYONE of pressuring me or being one of the Nosey Nancies from 2006, (none of those people are invited to this party :)), but I hope you understand why I have to write this little disclaimer :) Dont take it personally. This blog is allllll about ME!

Ok, on to the good stuff (that you cant talk about in person...but you are permited to EMAIL me questions or post them on here...that way, if enough of you have the same question, i can answer it all at once):
It's official. Eric and I are starting our 3rd attempt at a Baby Bass today. I went this morning for an u/s and it showed a cyst (shocker). It measures "13" and my nurse said they like it to be "10 or smaller". She was very optimistic though. She showed it to the doc right away and he said to get blood drawn to see where my E2 was. We were looking for a low number to show that the cyst wasnt growing or producing too much estrogen.
Eric went to the little b/w room with me because we all know that I am NOT a pro at blood work. Thankfully, the bloodwork lady IS! She got my vein on the first try without hurting me or making me pass out. Unfortunately, Nurse BloodPro is going on a 12 day vacation and will not be there during my most frequent b/w trips in the next few weeks. Not that I would postpone IVF because the blood nurse wasnt gonna be there...but still.
So, my blood has been drawn and we are sent on our way, hoping for low numbers and a green light to move ahead.
(waiting, waiting, headache, waiting, sleeping, waiting....)
The nurse finally called! Imagine my surprise when she says "We got the go ahead! We are moving forward with the cycle!" I was expecting to hear her say "Dr. D wants you to do 20 more days of BCP" or "Dr. D wants to aspirate the cyst next week" or "Dr. D wants to watch the cyst to see if it gets bigger" or (worse case) "Your bloodwork showed that you have the ovary of a 49 year old male...sorry...no IVF for you". But nope....We got a GREEN LIGHT!!!
So, I start stims on Saturday (when Amy gets here from NC!). One shot in the a.m., and one in the p.m. I will be on stims for approx 10 days (pray that I respond this time!), and then we will do an egg retreival (ER) and then an embryo transfer (ET). Then we wait and wait and wait some more to see if it worked!
Say LOTS of Baby Bass prayers! :) We are excited about this cycle and staying "cautiously positive".
So there ya have it.....you are officially on the inside of this journey. Hold on tight!!!!

11 comments:

Katie said...

I am so happy for you! i am praying that you get your little baby Bass this cycle. Good luck girl! Thanks for the invite to your blog, i feel special :-) oh and in case you didnt know this is Katiematie from JM.

marshad said...

I'm saying a lot of prayers for you. Hoping that this is the time that's "meant to be"

Taavon said...

I was soo shocked to read this on the board! Omg! Wow! You went from starting in january to starting now! I can't believe this I'm so excited and happy for you. I can't wait to get on your nerves and ask how many eggs you have? When is your retrieval etc, etc. You know the same way you bugged me (lol). And of course the day you make your big announcement. I'm soo happy for you girl!

Mandy said...

I love ya' Kat!!! :) Many positive thoughts from all of us in the Millhollin household.

Kaylee said...

Awww, Kat I feel so honored to be part of the "inner circle" :) Thanks though, I appreciate being included! I'm so excited for you and will be praying! Hope to hear some awesome Thanksgving-ish news! :)

Holly Burkhardt said...

Kat<
Thanks so much for the inside scoop. I am really praying for you that this is it. Im so happy that things got moved up for you.. tons of babydust coming your way.

Heather said...

So exciting, Kat :) I'm so glad you have the go-ahead and what great news this looks like! I am so happy for you.

April said...

I'm so excited for you both! Your in my thoughts and prayers! You know I understand ya and know you can email anytime! Thanks for having me here! LOL
LOTS of BABYDUST!

Hugs
April and Kaylee

Joe, Lynzie, Corbyn & Callie said...

I love your blog and I KNOW you will be a mother in God's perfect time (um why he can't be on my schedule I'm not sure). I can relate with so much that you think and say. I have found journaling to help me tremendously and the "everything happens for a reason" quote made me want to punch someone in the face. I have learned to tell people I will be praying for them and I'm always here if they need me b/c it's the only thing "I" can promise. Geez this blog helps me get some stuff out too...ahhh therapeutic. It's true what they say, you NEVER know what someone is going thorugh and don't tell me you understand. I love this safe place.

Erinn said...

WOOO HOOO!!!

So happy for you and SUPER excited!!

LOL...an ovary of a 49 yr old male. So funny! I lol when I read that.

Mandie said...

WOOHOO! I am so excited for you! IVF is such a scary undertaking but I have a great feeling about this for you! :) Gotta love those IVF babes!

Post a Comment