Thursday, August 26, 2010

...With a Little Help from our Friends....

Whitney has been SOO funny lately! The last few nights she has hit this silly, giggly, giddy point in the day. She laughs and squeals and runs from activity to activity, dancing and twirling and making herself dizzy. She cracks herself up running to leap into our arms or busily climbing on the furniture while screaming "I DO! I do!! I dooo!" Of course, the second I pull the video camera out, she stops and simmers down...but I tried to snap a few pics of her silliness last night.







After running out of energy, she happily went to bed to get a good night's sleep for her big playdate today!
Her bestie, Faith, came over to spend the day with us, and we couldnt be happier! Faith usually spends her days with her grandma, so it will be fun to have Faith join us for a playday once a week to give Grandma a break and to let the girls have fun together!
The girls wasted no time getting into the fun this morning! They laughed with each other while running in and out of the playhouse, yelled "Minnnie!!!" in unison as they tossed the giant pile of Minnies around the room, stopping to hug a Minnie here and there. They simmered down occasionally, and I was able to snap a few (dozen) pictures of these two giant personalities in two teeny little bodies.

Whitney, 16 months, and Faith, 19 months.



And this was probably my favorite part of the morning.  Faith picked up the play phone off the floor and started pressing buttons and "talking" into it. Whitney saw this, ran to her bin of random toys and pulled out my old red cell phone.  She started "texting" and "talking", too. The two girls played on their phones for quite a while, sometimes holding them up to show each other, and sometimes laughing as if they had just read a hysterical text message from the other. SOOO funny, and I love that they are doing these things on their own. This is such a funny age in that the kids seem to play side-by-side, more than they play WITH one another. But these two girls are starting to interact and relate more and more every time we get together. SO FUN!

Texting is serious business, people.

"Ask your mom if you can spend the night!"
"Yeah! SLEEPOVER!!!"

"Aww, MAN...she said 'no'?? Well, how about a nap? Can you sleepover for nap time??"
"Let me go ask her! I hope so!!"

"Cool!! Maybe my  mom will drop us off at the play area at the mall!! I hear that's THE place to hang out!"
"SWEET!! This is gonna be AWESOME!!"
They got their naptime "sleepover party"....



Faith takes marathon naps at our house. The first time we had her over for a playdate, she slept for 4 hours. The second time, I think it was a 5 hour nap. And today, she slept in that pack n play in the guest room for  4.75 hours. Truly our Sleeping Beauty!
Whitney took her normal two hour nap, so she woke up and had some lunch and was ready to play. I had pulled out a bunch of dress-up accessories while they napped, so Whitney and I started getting into the hats while we waited for Faith to rise from her deep slumber.
Our little fairy started with a flower headband and some ladybug antennae from last Halloween...
and we added a baseball hat.....

...and why not toss a Leprachaun hat/headband on there?...

...and we dont want to leave out Easter! So here are some bunny ears to top it off...

Oh! And after Easter we celebrated her first birthday, so we might as well toss that party hat on there, too!
And by now, we are both laughing hysterically as her head gets heavier and the pile gets higher...
Had to get those ladybug antennae back on there, and add in the new Minnie ears...wouldnt want to leave Minnie out of the fun!
And she played like this for a ridiculous amount of time...
Whoops! Forgot to put the flower headband on there somewhere...but we wouldnt want to add it now...THAT would just be SILLY!
...but this chick draws the line at boas....do NOT try to convince her that boas (of any color!) are cool or fun. She is just simply NOT buyin' it.
Whitney greeted Faith by RUNNING to the side of the pack n play, plowing into the mesh siding, and jamming her face up against it, yelling "HI!! HI! hi! HI! hi!" over and over and over, while waving up against the mesh. When Faith was slow to rise, Whitney took matters into her own hands and went to the side of the crib closest to Faith's sweet head and started banging and yelling "Hi!...HI!....HIII!!" as loud and as long as she could. Faith looked thrilled and clung to me when I picked her up for a diaper and some lunch.






Waving right IN Faith's face. Faith politely smiled, but was giving me looks like "Really, Aunt Kat? You cant get this chick up outta my face until I wake up?? I mean, can I get THREE SECONDS to open my eyes!?"
Whitney goin' in for the hug on her bestie :)
After some lunch for Faith, it was time to let her jump in on the dress-up fun. Yes, these girls played dress-up today...they just dont know it. How is putting them in a fairy costume and a minnie dress any different from putting them in shorts and a tank top or a cotton dress?? They dont know the difference yet! But its allllll about the accessories for these ladies! :)
Faith wasnt so sure about this whole Fairy gig at first...

...but I handed her a feather boa, and then she embraced her inner fairy.
These two played together soooo nicely, all afternoon. Everyone was happy all day, with no tears, no hitting, biting, pushing, squealing, stealing, or shoving. ALL happy. ALL day. I had a few glimpses of things to come in our future....
How cute are THEY!??

Such a fun day, and we cant wait to do it again next week! Rumor has it that another close friend, Mandy, and her daughter Avery will be joining in the fun! YEAH!!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

So cute!!! Looks like they had a great day! Love the texting pics! Funny how they pick that stuff up huh? They look like little pre-teens on the floor doing there girl stuff! How cute!!

LL said...

Kat, Thank you for your comment on my blog. It seems like I have been holding my breath the last month as the relationship with our daughter's bmom has taken an unexpected change in direction.

Whitney is such a cutie! I can't believe how much she has changed, she is just pure girl!

Hey, we are planning a short weekend trip to Orlando in Sep. Hubby thinks that Shelby is too young for Disney and so we should save our money. I know you take W all the time and she seems to always have a blast. What do you think...should we try to squeeze in Disney?

Post a Comment