Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Trying to Weed out the Stalkers and Creepies

I have started noticing my blog linked in blogs I've never visited or heard of. If you list my blog in your blogroll, please let me know. I am enjoying the new "Stats" option Blogger has added, allowing me to see who is viewing the blog and who is clicking on every single picture I post.  I am intrigued by a few locations who continually pop up on my blog, several times a day. I dont have any problem with people reading the blog, but I gotta wonder why people are clicking on pictures of my family and our daughter? We dont have any family in Maryland, so Im interested in who is viewing us so closely from afar. We dont have any family or friends in Canada, either. None in Puerto Rico. I can make educated guesses about who is viewing from certain states (Ohio, most parts of Florida, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and most of the southern states.) But Im just curious how people are finding my silly 'ol blog and why it is entertaining enough to click multiple times a day.

Help me out :) Tell me if you have me linked on your blogroll, how you found me, and/or if youve ever clicked on our pics. Id ont want to have to go private, but I must admit....its a little scary to be so "out there" in this crazy world.

28 comments:

Mandy said...

You know the guilty party in Belgium :) It's meeeeee.

If you need help figuring out some of the other clicks let me know - I think we both know who some of them are :)

Love you!!! Mandy

Anonymous said...

Im in Mo but the stupid things shows that Im in TN (not sure why) but whatever it is ME lol

Andrea

Lauren said...

You know which one is me! Hope you get this all straightened out!

Mrs.Joe said...

I'm one of the ones in CT. I found your blog a while back when I was just a lurker and you were still ttc and just recently started following you. I love your updates because A) your daughter is adorable and I love your story, and B) I love Disney and your pictures make me smile when I'm bored at work.

Amber*Renee said...

I do have you on my blogroll. I was on some mom forums with you but I am not sure if you remember me or not. I didnt talk much on there.

I read your blog but I dont click on pictures.

I just noticed blogger had new stats the other day and like you am incredibly intrigued where some of the clicks are coming from.

Amber

KSB said...

Thanks girls! Amber, can you email me when you get a sec? I looked for a way to respond directly to you, but cant find one...thanks!

Carrie said...

I'm in Kansas! I found you from Thanksgiving mom. I am an adoptive mom of 2 girls (3 years old and 1 month old) and I love following your story!!

Amber*Renee said...

I actually couldnt figure out a why to e-mail you (couldnt find a e-mail). So if you want to e-mail me it is a_teadybear@yahoo.com

Mandie said...

You know me from old school AB.

:)

Beth said...

I have followed you since we were on the just moms board years ago - before Ms. Whitney. I just found the way you wrote very interesting and easy to read. I enjoyed/enjoy following you and your family and the thrill it must be for you to finally have the family you dreamed of.
I have you on my blog as I follow you... although I rarely update my blog anymore.

I am from MI.

http://becausewearebybeth.blogspot.com/

Yo-yo Mama said...

It might be because a lot of people might be googling WDW and are drawn to pixs. First thing I would do though, is create yourself a watermark for all your pictures so people don't steal and post them elsewhere. Yes it happens and it's scary where they can end up. People are freaks.

Second thing you can do is once you've had a post up for a week or so, take down the pics only to keep that kind of stuff in check.

If none of those things appeal to you, another public forum you can create instead of a blog is a flickr account. It allows you to add as much or as little description as you want and you can make pictures private (esp of W) or public or fascilitate between the two.

And I am in Nebr, but it won't show up b/c I read through a feed and only until I click through will it appear in your stats. Like now.

Anonymous said...

Crazy...stalkers...ugh lol

I probably check it out a couple times a day to see if you have a new blog lol. But I am in MO! Teehee. You are on my blog links but I haven't blogged in mos and I don't think anyone reads it! haha
~Randi~

Julia said...

Hey! I'm Julia from ME! I don't have you listed on my blog roll, but I do read your blog,and if it shows I am on multiple times a day it's usually on a day, I am bored :) But I
" know" you from The New Just Mom's when you were there! I promise I'm not a creeper! :)

Amber said...

Im in alaska, i was on Jm and the new Jm with you not sure that you remember me. but i havent been clicking on your pics..

Shannon said...

Hey girl! I pop up from Taylor, TX. Some days I check multiple times a day when there is nothing to do...I just go through my blog lists waiting on something to pop up LOL. I don't click on pics unless by accident. Hope you get this all straightened up. BTW...I LOVE the new design and family pic in the header :)

Tammy said...

I don't think we've ever talked personally but I follow your blog as a fellow Adoptive-Mommy. I stumbled upon your blog in an adoption blog list somewhere I do believe? I do have you listed but can certainly remove it, if you wish. I would NOT want to cause any problems or drama or for you to feel like I'm stalking in anyway! I just love to read about other Adoptive Moms stories!

-Tammy in NJ

LL said...

Hey! I'm from MO. I think you know I have been following you since the beginning of your journey.

My blog is private and so is the blog that I set up for my DD's birthmom. But I will say what's interesting about the locations that show up...she uses her cell phone so sometimes her location shows up as OK, Cananda, New Hampshire. It was really freaking me out since it was a blog just for her but I have since found out it is her cell carrier.

Hate that you have to go underground again and I may not get a chance to keep following but I totally understand since I also have a private blog.

Brittani said...

YOu know who I am, but I see on your feed it says Arrived from United States, weird....

The Cadwallader's said...

I've been following you for about a year but only check when it shows you've got a new post. Best of luck to you and your family!

Vicki said...

I don't have a blog to link you to or anything, but I just wanted to let you know that once in a while I check out your blog :) Mostly when you post something on facebook about it :)

Vicki said...

I just wanted to let you know that I check out your blog once in a while :) Mostly when you post something on facebook, so I'm not a creepy stalker ;)

Sha said...

Kat I read your blog all the time, and I do click on your pictures so Belah can see them...she always asks for the bigger! (Sure hope we did not freak you out at all!)

Janice said...

I'm the one from England. :) We were on several dboards and friends on FB for a little bit. Good luck with everything in the future.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am from PA I knew you back on JM and NJM, not too well. Anyway i have been following your story since infertility treatments. My sister gave a baby girl up for adoption and I like to see your story of Happily Ever After for everyone it really makes me feel good about her decision. Plus I think you are funny...not a stalker and I don't click your pics.

Elizabeth C said...

Hey Kathleen -- I read your blog all the time but totally understand your position and also understand if I don't make the cut. I'll continue to look for updates on FB; I love seeing pics of Whitter and seeing what is in store for us when Banks reaches her age!

Lots of Love!
Elizabeth

Kaley Jacobson said...

I got your blog address on Just Mom's which I think neither of us is a part of. I am in AR., not any of the other countries, and my IP was out of Mtn. Home, but could be out of Norfork as my husband is a teacher and I use his school lap top sometimes. I only read the blog, I definitely don't click on pictures, I wasn't even aware you could do that. :) I wish you all the best!

Kaley Jacobson said...

I got your blog address on Just Mom's which I think neither of us is a part of. I am in AR., not any of the other countries, and my IP was out of Mtn. Home, but could be out of Norfork as my husband is a teacher and I use his school lap top sometimes. I only read the blog, I definitely don't click on pictures, I wasn't even aware you could do that. :) I wish you all the best!

Anonymous said...

Hi there...
My name is Tami...I followed your story on Just Mom's....I was/still am an avid poster on those boards! I followed you through your infertility all the way through your adoption and was so happy for you and Eric! I am a mommy of two wonderful children and most definately not a stalker :-)

Post a Comment