Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend of Parties

(Catching up posts so I can get rid of the 5 "Drafts" I have going at once...)

A few recently-emailed pics from visting Ohio last week, just because they are cute and I love everyone in them sooo much:

My Aunt Peg (Big Peg), Aunt Ger, Me and Whitney, and Mac at my Aunt Ger's house. (Before you get confused, I had an Aunt Peg on my Dad's side, aka "little peggy", and an Aunt Peg on my Mom's side, aka "Big Peggy".  Little Peggy passed away after a looong, fun life.  Big Peggy is still livin' it up and making us laugh :)
On to this past weekend....
On Friday, Whitney and I went to visit her Nanny, Eric's stepmom, who is back in the hospital. She is in much better shape than she was last time she was stuck in a hossy bed, but we all just wish she could get 100% healed and back to herself.  I know she misses hugging her grandkids :)
After the hospital, we headed over to my parents' house to celebrate my grandfather's 90th birthday! (I was in a sign-makin' mood!)
"Happy Birthday, G.G.!"
"I hope ALL your wishes come true!!"
No tripod = swapping out family members for "Family pics".
We had a fun night and got home in time to visit with Eric's dad who was spending the night while Robin is in the hospital. We live so close to where Robin is staying, so we encouraged Gary to get a solid night's rest instead of attempting to sleep in a hospital chair....again.

Then, Saturday was the day of the parties.  First, we celebrated Eric's cousin's son's birthday with 4-wheelers and dune buggies and pool time. Jonathan is such a good kid, and his mommy Missy always throws a fun party with adorable invitations :)

We were excited to spend some time with Memaw.....

.....and Grandaddy :)  I know Grandaddy was especially happy he got to see me  :) Right, Grandaddy??!
We had lots of laughs and smiles with family....especially this dude.
...Dean has the best, big smile :)
...and while we didnt get to stay as long as we'd like, we were happy to see these smiling faces before it was time to say bubye. 
Whitney is all about the kisses lately.  Even when it requires stretching up onto her tippy toes :) She looves her Aunt DeeDeeDee!
And after we celebrated this big guy....it was time to switch gears from dirt bikes and race cars....
....so we could go celebrate THIS little girl and her 4th birthday!
From dirt bikes and race cars to princesses and nail polish!!
Whitney is in there somewhere...all the girls huddled around the little house trying to play with "Baby Whitney"! SOO cute, and ALL the girls are SOOO good witih her! Babysitters!??!
Whitney was eye-balling this big babydoll.....
....and may or may not have contemplated making a run for it with the baby in her grips!!
After some girly time with the big girls, Whitney came home to help Mommy get ready for an impromtu Girls' Night Out. 
She had to make sure I had the best necklace and bracelet....although, she wasnt really willing to hand them over once she picked them out.
Total girly-girl.  What am I gonna do!?!?
After putting Whitney to bed and kissing my wonderful husband and thanking him for a night out with the girls, I met up with these lovely sisters....
....where we may or may not have had several glasses of wine while laughing our butts off and dishing out our best parenting advice and secrets. :) I have the BEST girlfriends :)
Oh, but wait!! The parties didnt end there!! After a slooooow start for Mommy on Sunday, we headed out to celebrate these two...and their TWINS on the way!!
My favorite party guests of the day :)
So after sooo many parties and lots of entertainment, we all crashed on Sunday night.  Whitney was out like a light, barely responding as I changed her into PJs and kissed her goodnight.
Sleeping Sweaty Beauty

Another reason I love blogging. I just got to relive all the fun we had this weekend in the whirlwind of events and parties and family and friends.  We have such amazing people in our life, and we are truly blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment