Friday, July 15, 2011
Thank You Prayer, with Whitney
Thank you, God, for all that you give.
For the friends that I have, for the home where I live.
Thank you for meadows of beautiful flowers.
Thank you for rainbows and soft April showers.
Thank you for beaches with warm summer sand.
Thank you for snow flakes that cover the land.
Each evening you bless us with Heavenly light.
Each morning your sunrise gifts flight to the night!
So thank you, Dear God,
For all that you do-
For answering prayers
And for miracles too! (Whitney always points out the mommy holding the baby on this page, exclaiming "Thats MOMMY! And WHITNEY! Thats Mommy and Whitney!!!" every night. Its my favorite page.)
Thank you for feeding me day after day.
Thank you for leading me along the right way.
And thank you for angels
Who I cant really see
But somehow Im certain
Keep watch over me!
Thank you for family and my relatives all.
Thank you for animals, the great and the small.
And thank you Dear God
for all that You are-
From the cross on the hill
To the Bethlehem star.
Yes I thank you, dear God, for life without end.
For hope and a future, and for being my friend.
And I thank you for all of the wonders I see.
But mostly, I thank you....
...for just loving ME!
In Jesus' name.
Amen.
Whitney asks for this book every night, and I absolutely love it. We talk about thanking God for the sunny days and the rain that makes the plants and grass grow. We talk about our pets and our angels. We talk about our friends and family, near and far. And we talk about how Mommy and Daddy and God love her ALL the time, forever.
I think this book should be on every kids' book shelf. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment