First things first. This little girl cracks me up!
As I tucked her into bed the other night, she matter-of-factly said, "Hey Mommy? When I grow up, I want to be a Mommy just like you."....and as my heart swelled and I worked to catch my breath, she continued before I could even find the words. "But Mommy? I wouldnt name my kids 'Whitney' and 'Grady' like you did. I would name them Felix and Sawyer."
Well its nice to know that, aside from the names I have chosen for these sweet babes, Whitney is on board with my mothering skills.
The next morning, before the sun rose, Eric crept out of the still-quiet house and drove to Disney to run his second Half Marathon in as two months. I was sooooooo wishing the kids and I could greet him as he crossed the finish line, but Whitney's extra-curricular calendar prevented us from attending the finish line party. Right as Whitney was walking onto the court to start her very first tennis lesson, I got a text that Eric had crossed the finish line and shaved several minutes off his previous half marathon time.
Good job, EBass!
Im not sure who was more excited for this tennis lesson gig. Whitney was THRILLED to have a racket with a giant 'W' on it (thank you Wilson!), and talked about being a good tennis player, "just like Mommy and Mac used to be!!"
We lucked out and there are only three kids in the class on Saturday mornings less than 5 minutes from our front door.
And Coach Chelsey is going to be a great first instructor for our girl!
When they stopped to take a brief water break, Whitney excitedly said, "I want to keep playing MORE!"
And while she didnt connect with EVERY ball that came her way, she tried her best. And if enthusiasm and cuteness could win matches, she would me holding the trophy at Centre Court Wimbledon in no time.
She did NOT want to leave the court when the lesson was done, and insisted on staying to hit more balls. Unfortunately, I didnt bring my racket so I promised her we would hit balls after next week's lesson. I cant wait!
That afternoon, we all enjoyed some family time by the pool! Yes, it is January but we are having some unseasonably warm weather and we took full advantage!
This is the only bathing suit that fits Whitney from last year. She grew SO much in the last nine months!
Grady was very happy to splash and play in the kiddie pools, and was really excited just be outside!
Eric, being Eric, ran a half marathon at 6am but couldnt resist skimming the pool at noon.
I love catching these sweet moments between siblings. She makes him laugh and smile all day long.
And he wants to do everything Whitney does and would follow her off a cliff if she jumped first!
LOVE these happy babies!!
And I truly believe that every day should end like this. With clean, happy, cuddly kids in my lap as we read a favorite book. Amazing.
And just so we can keep up the appearance of being one of "those" families, I ran a 5k on Sunday morning with a bestie and neighbor, Summer!
We had SO much fun and look forward to doing the Color Run again next year! Ya know. Because we have to keep making people believe that we are one of those families who are always active and on the go and physically fit (pssssshhhhhttt!!) and sporty.
If there is a Color Run in a city near you, I HIGHLY recommend signing up! Its not pricey ($30), you get a cute tshirt, youll have a lot of laughs, and its more of fun run since its not timed. A lot of silliness and fun people watching :)
That cloud of blue dust in the background? Yeah. That was fun.
There were fast runners and slow walkers, seniors, college students, and even little infants in carriers.
We had a great time :)
And since Daddy brought home a super cool Donald medal the day before, Whitney took one look at my dirty self and said, "But. Mommy? Where is your medal???!" She settled for a cool t-shirt.
How cute are these future color runners???!!
Love these kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment