Yesterday was another great day....happily followed up by another awesome day today. I'm realizing just how well our little family does with routine and schedule and structure. Whitney loves it. Grady just seems easier and happier these days. And routine means that I know when I'm going to get to run, so that makes me happy.
Grady wasn't napping well last week, but after talking about it on Facebook, I've been proven correct! He was just getting used to the new routine, and I'm happy to report that things are back to where we like them. I won't brag or go into detail, because that will cause him to skip a nap the next twelve days,...but let's just say he is back where he needs to be 😃
He had a slow time waking up yesterday, and was so sweet laying on his changing pad, snuggling his monkey and savoring his morning milk.
Whitney joined us and quietly told her brother good morning and played peekaboo with him as he woke up. I love catching these sweet sibling moments. Especially before the chaos of the day kicks us into high gear. Love how much they love each other.
And this girl is obsessed with her bsby brother. She has always loved him. A lot. But lately her love for the kid has been kicked up a notch and she literally falls all over him trying to kids and hug him to pieces. Its cute. Until its not. Grady is a good sport and rarely complains. I just wonder how long it will be before Grady suffers some kind of legit injury by way of excessive sisterly hugging. I suppose I could have worse problems to battle 😃
Whitney's school is back into full routine again, and we are excited to go to chapel each day! Whitney loooooves to sing and dance, and now Grady is following in her steps. Each day we walk through the chapel to drop Whitney's backpack and lunchbox. The last two days, Grady has started clapping as soon as we walk into chapel, and pointing at the altar with excitement. He loves chapel, too!
It is such a huge blessing to be in a place where our children are loved (she gets a five minute hug as she walks into class everyday!), and taught about Jesus, and friendships, and rule following, and manners along with all the other important school subjects. Whitney lives it and I know it won't be long before Grady starts going there everyday too!
I. Love that I can capture quick pics like this do I never forget these sweet moments during an otherwise hectic phase in life.
And rely?! How could you NOT love a school that starts their day like this:
And for kicks: how cute/pitiful is this sad face?!










No comments:
Post a Comment