Two weeks ago, after church on a Sunday, we all headed out to the beach to catch up and see Eric's dad, step mom, and several of his siblings!
It is always awesome to see these cousin friends reconnect after weeks or months apart!
I wasnt going to go down to the sand, but I am SO glad I listened to my sister-from-another-mister, Lynzie! I was worried about the kids getting all sandy and gross before we had to drive home almost 2 hours in the car. Any sand or dirt that made its way into our car was TOTALLY worth it when we got to see how much fun our kids had on that beach!
We have considered canceling our annual beach week because it has been difficult to coordinate a condo and a week off work and its not cheap and....the list goes on. But when I see how much this little girl LOOOOVES the beach, I cant imagine skipping out on a week of fun in the sun!
Right after this photo was taken, the waves got us. Big time. I fell trying to pick Grady up out of the surf, and we both ended up wet. lol
Papa and Ms. Martha live about 300 yards from the beach. Our kids are blessed to have grandparents who enjoy spending time with all of their grandchildren, and who get down and dirty to make memories with our kids.
These girls LOVE their Papa!
I am so blessed to have these sisters in my life!
Totally in his element...
LOVE these cousin sisters!
These two have grown up SO much! I remember when Kyle was just Corbyn's age! Wasnt that last week?!
Cai has been home for several months now, and its like he's been here all along! He fits right in, joins in the fun, and Whitney seriously believes she has known him his whole life. She loves that they are both 'dopted :)
We had great weather, and what is not to love about a beach day in February?!
My initial reaction was, "Ah! Your hair! ALL that SAND! In. Your. HAIR! EWWW!"...but before that escaped my mouth, I remembered what my sister in law said, ("It will be fun!") and let it go. She was having fun and being a kid. And sand washes out.
We had lunch and snapped a few pics....and I am always taken aback when I look at pics of these three together. Dont they all look so alike?!
These two, too!
We always text each other within minutes of getting in our cars and say, "Why dont we do this more often!? So much fun! Let's plan again soooooon!" We always have so much fun and make such great memories together! Love having family close by :)










No comments:
Post a Comment