The BIG packet of Home Study paperwork arrived today!! YEAH!! I browsed through the pages briefly and was so overwhelmed that I had to put it away immediately. SOOOOO much to think about! "How were you disciplined when you were between the ages of 6 and 12?"..."What rules are allowed to be broken?"..."How do you think your time will change when you are a parent?"..."What are you looking forward to about parenting and adopted child?"...blah blah...so DEEP!! We have decided that we will put it away until next week. Eric's parents are coming into town this weekend and we are throwing a giant party for his 30th on Saturday...toooo much to think about for tonight :)
BUT, on a great note, we have decided that we will be completing the paperwork as soon as possible (er,...starting Monday)and turning it in immediately. Several reasons: why wait any longer? what if it takes a year just to get a match with a birthmom? and what the heck were we thinking, trying to WAIT MORE?!?! We will turn it all in and then leave the details up to God. It will happen the way HE wants it to :) (Besides, we both had our physicals done last week....Eric got his paperwork completed and ready for pickup, but mine is delayed...I went for my appointment BEFORE him and had my bloodwork done BEFORE he did....why is MINE delayed??? Because that is just how my luck goes with Docs! So...our first attempt to complete adoption paperwork has been DELAYED, and that is just dealing with a doc's office. We can only imagine that paperwork sent to the gov't of Mississippi (my home state) will take eons to get back....again, WHY WAIT!? :))
So...the paperwork collection begins....
2 comments:
WOOHOO Kat! I'm so excited for you! Lots of Hugs!!!!
I'm so glad you aren't waiting and you're moving ahead! Very exciting! I'm so happy for you.
As far as those questions, I can totally understand feeling overwhelmed by it, but I bet it will end up being a beneficial exercise. Being on the same page with your parenting style will be so helpful as you raise your child. My husband and I get along wonderfully but we've had a few minor disagreements on the way in which to handle certain little things. (Luckily, he ends up deferring to my RIGHT judgement! ha ha..) But seriously, there are definitely things I wish we'd discussed and settled ahead of time vs. trying to discuss it (read: convince him I'm right) in the heat of the moment. Of course we haven't hit the teen years yet so there are probably plenty of things we could still settle...you ought to send me the questions! :) Anyway, I just wanted to say is congrats and good luck! The time will be just right when it happens. And happy b-day to Eric. :)
Post a Comment