Sunday, May 4, 2008

OKAY, OKAY!!

After many request (demands) for updates, I guess I have to post, huh!? :)
Things here are non-exciting right now. Eric and I put our application in the mail on Thursday, and are now awaiting a giant Home Study Packet. I am slightly intimidated by it since the attorney described it as a "mountain" of paperwork...but excited, too.
Yesterday we went to the baby shower for our friends who used the same adoption agency/attorney we are using. The baby is adorable and they look like such a happy family. :) Ioana and I didnt get to chat much, but she made a point to tell us that they are open to answering an questions about the process. My first and only question was "how long did it take from the time you turned in your home study packet?" and she said "are you ready for this? 89 days. We turned in our home study packet, and a week later Denise called us and said 'we have a match, are you interested?' and we met the birthmom and then he was born 4 weeks ago. We were freaking out and had nothing ready, but it happened SO fast!" SHe is obviously SUPER excited and we all know it happens the way God plans...but I think Eric and I both panicked a little for a moment (or 3) when she said it took less than 3 months. YIKES!!
So...we plan to take our time completing the paperwork (she said some of it takes 90 days to get back from various places who have to stamp it, etc), and take our time writing our Dear Birthmom letter, and turn all of our paperwork in around Thanksgiving. That gives us time to pay off my car and make sure we are 100% ready. Now, if I were to just pop up pregnant tomorrow, we would get 9 months to prepare...so we are giving ourselves some time to prepare. We are not stalling and we would obviously turn in paperwork tomorrow if we felt that was the right thing to do....but given the chance to pay a few things off and give ourselves a "cushion", we are going to take it. OF COURSE, this is our plan...and we all know how well "OUR" plans have worked out in the past. God probably has something TOTALLY different in store for us! We'll see!!!
OK, enough rambling....these is your update (if you can call it that...??) The next step is to wait for the home study packet...I will let you all know when it arrives in our mailbox!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment