Sunday, November 16, 2008

I NEEDED this today :)


OK, most of you may not think that a blog award given to you by a friend would be THAT exciting...but on a day like this, it is a HUGE deal and gave me a ridiculous SMILE! :) THANK YOU LISA!!!

Lisa is the author of one of my favorite blogs. I usually hit her blog in the first 2 minutes I am online. I can not WAIT for her next posts, and I have such a happy heart when I think about her becoming a mommy in April. I just have great faith that this match is going to be wonderful, and a true blessing. She gets inside my head when she writes about the whole "cautiosuly optimistic" stuff. Smart writing, fun girl, wonderful story. THANKS for the award, my friend!

Here is a little bit about the award:
The "uber" (synonym for super) is a blog award given to sites who:

- inspire you
- make you smile and laugh
- or maybe give you amazing information
- a great read
- has an amazing design
- and any other reason you can think of that makes them uber amazing!


The rules of the award are:

1-Put the logo on your blog or post.
2- Nominate at least five blogs (can be more)that are uber amazing
3- Let them know that they have received this uber amazing award by commenting on their blog
4-Share the love by linking to this post and the person you received the award from

There are so many blogs that I enjoy reading and always look forward to getting updates from. It is hard to choose 5. I will try my best :)

#1. Michelle - I picked Michelle first because she is the very first blog that I started stalking, err, reading a few years ago. Her writing makes me laugh out loud (with her, not AT her), and she is the kinda girl I think I would be friends with in real life, too.

#2. Mandie - I have learned so much from Mandie even though, on paper, we probably dont agree on much. (I know that doesnt make sense.) I have been inspired by the passion she has for her beliefs. She doesnt just believe something, she lives it. I think yall should go there and post a comment and send up a prayer for their next cycle!

#3. Ashley - I stumbled across Ashley's blog somewhere in my quest for adoption-related materials. The name jumped out at me, as we have a dog child, but we want more than just dog children. If you have time, go through her archives and read about their heart-wrenching wait for baby Declan to come home to them. The strength and faith that she had was so inspiring. She rocks :)

#4. Shawna - I am giving Shawna an award for the blog that she USED to keep up with, in hopes that she will get her happy arse back to her computer and start writing funny sh*t. She always makes me laugh...where'd you go?!

#5. Thanksgiving Mom - This is one of my all-time favs. Her story is inspiring, whether she intends it to be or not. She is funny, snarky, smart, and just plain normal. She thinks before she writes and her everyday life thoughts make for good reading. :) Check her out. She taught me a lot about adoption before I even had the guts to introduce myself.

#6. Lo - I dare you to try to stay away froma blog titled "Who Shot My Stork?" I dare you not to laugh at her posts. When I say laugh at her posts, rest assured that I am not laughing at her life. I have much respect for her and her efforts to raise funds for a great fertility cause. She is laugh-out-loud funny, and I am 100% certains he doesnt know I exist...so it should be interesting to see how she reacts to receving an award from me! haha

Ok, so there you have it. There are OF COURSE many other blogs that I frequent. I was tempted to nominate Matt because his writing is hysterical and the stories of Brooklyn are adorable and funny. But something tells me he wouldnt bother to keep up with his blog long enough to make good on his award recognition. He's a good one when he gets around to writing. And I will probably take some crap for not bestowing this award on one of my Besties, Mandy, but I have good reasoning. I do not want to add another project or more pressure to perform. Its not like she doesnt have her sh*t together...she DOES. But I just know how busy life can get and I dont want her to feel like she HAS to blog because I gave her some award. :)

And trust me...on a day like today, I needed this award. :) I was finding it hard to say ANYTHING on the boards or on my blog because there is just soooo much to say. The neighbor decided to be an idiot about the whole dog-mauling incident 2 weeks ago. She didnt want to pay and started screaming "I HAD BREAST CANCER!" at me at the top of her lungs...i stooped to her level and screamed "AND I DID FERTILITY TREATMENTS...this isnt ABOUT cancer or fertility treatments, LADY! Its about the fact that YOUR dog ATTACKED MY dog...and YOU need to pay for it!"...what a nightmare. She evnetually paid us the check, but not before telling me that she found some "oozing" on her dog's mouth and her vet told her our bill shouldnt be that high. In fact, the bill should have been triple, but we have pet insurance and she is only paying us back for Bailey's medications. The treatment was covered. Two weeks ago, she was MORE THAN WILLING to pay us back, sobbing on Summer's doorstep, offering money and her dog's shot records, and begging us to forgive. Now, she is changing her story and blaming breast cancer? What is wrong with people?! Dont get me wrong. I have a lot of sympathy for surivors, and I dont equate breast cancer with fertility treatments, as my screaming may have suggested. My MIL is a survivor and I know she would NEVER use breast cancer as her excuse for anything. If she got in a fender bender, she would not get out of her car and scream "I had breast cancer!" and expect that she shouldnt have to pay for the other guys' bumper. It doesnt work that way folks. Why do some people choose to be "surivors" while others choose to be eternal "victims"?
(Ok, so she just rang our doorbell to "apologize"...i want to believe her, but I also bet she put a stop-payment on our check. Weirdo)...but that is just crap I dont need right now. Not on top of the adoption "scam" that wasnt really a scam at all, and the specualtion over a move to a far away land...I am drained.
SO...THANK YOU LISA...for making me smile today. I had no idea how I would write today, but you gave me something fun to write about. Instead of using this ENTIRE post to complain, I only used the second half. :)

5 comments:

Mandie said...

You are such a sweetie! Thank you dear. :) I'm so glad that I have been able to help you. I am thinking about you and wishing you much success in your journey. And you know I will be here along the way. :) Have a wonderful day Kathleen!

Io said...

Hello my not-stalker! (I'm kind of disappointed, I've always wanted a stalker. Non-harmless type anyways. So let's pretend you are one. It will make me feel loved!)
Thank you for the award! I'm glad you are laughing with me not at me - but trust, there are definitely days when i have to laugh at myself. How would we survive otherwise?

OK, I will go stalk you now.
xo
Io

Michelle Smiles said...

Thank you thank you! I love hearing that others enjoy my ramblings...nice to know I'm not talking to myself. :)

Sarah Beth said...

I hope that Bailey is ok! Poor thing! You are so patient to not lose your mind on that woman.

LL said...

You are welcome! Thank you for allowing me a little peek into your life.

Post a Comment