Thursday, January 22, 2009

Following is an email from my cousins. They are Patrick and Nathan Meese, and the frontmen of the band MEESE. Check out the email and my attempt at a video to follow.
If you are near them, go see them. If you get a chance, pick up a copy of the magazine. If you really love me and find their music as awesome as i do, go buy their CD as soon as it drops (in the next month or so).
ENJOY!



Hello!

We hope you are all well and that you live in Denver. Why you ask? Two reasons: the first being that we have a show in Greeley on the 30th with our good friends The Epilogues and it's going to be dope. The second reason being that its 67 degrees outside and as I write this I have all the windows in my apartment open. It's amazing.

Well friends, the day has finally come. Today at around 1pm mountain time, we finally finished our first album for Atlantic Records. Done! Mastered and in order and donezo! Now the once dusty wheels will begin turning and the four of us will be a whole lot busier. Look out for a release date soon and a tracklist and cover art and all of the other fun things that come along with putting out a record. In the mean time here's a couple photos from the studio during the final hours of adding finishing touches. Everything always looks classier in black and white.







Also, we just announced some tour dates in the MidWest with Valencia. See below for shows and where to buy your tickets. We'll also be doing a bunch of gigs down at this years South by South West Festival in Austin Texas. We'll let you know the deets as soon as we know them.

Jan 30 The Atlas Theatre, Greeley, Colorado
Mar 12 Jackpot Music Hall w/Valencia, Lawrence, Kansas
Mar 13 Mojoes w/Valencia, Orland Park, Illinois
Mar 14 The Shelter w/Valencia, Detroit, Michigan
Mar 15 The Grog Shop w/Valencia, Cleveland Heights, Ohio

Hey, pick up a copy of the February edition of SPIN magazine and look for our ugly mugs somewhere in there. Big thanks to SPIN and Knob Creek for that. I've been reading that magazine since I had posters of Pearl Jam and Nirvana on my wall so it's very cool to see us in there. Very exciting.

So there ya go! Some good stuff :)

Talk soon

Nathan


I'LL TRY TO FIND A VIDEO LATER....One of my BESTIES, Juliet, just popped in from San Antonio (yeah...TExas!!) so I am excited to go hang with my Jules :)

2 comments:

Our Royal Family said...

Ahhh! Lawrence, KS is 30 minutes from me! I wold love to catch them!

Tracey... said...

for some reason I can't get your blog to show up in google reader....it says NO RSS FEED?

Post a Comment