Aaaaaaahhhhhhh....finally.....a new year. Fresh starts. Exciting things to look forward to. LOTS to be thankful for. I hope everyone enjoyed a relaxing and fun New Year!
Tonight, Eric and I drove to the airport to drop him off for week #40285 of travel madness. We had two nice weeks with him at home, but now it is time for the work to resume. As we drove to the airport, we had a great convo about the next year and all the fun things we have to look forward to. We had a nice convo about the economy and our finances and how blessed we are in this rough time. We had a great discussion about baby stuff and baby plans and baby showers and baby stuff in general. We just had FUN talking. In the last three weeks or so, we havent had any alone time to just chat and catch up and make sure we were on the same page. We have had visits from both sides of the family, our nephews hanging out for about a week, an excursion to local attractions with my cousin and her kids, a Christmas Eve with 32 people at our house, lots of laundry, lots and LOTS of food, a baby shower, some football, and a lot of other things keeping us busy. It has been FUN and enjoyable, but it is sure nice to get back to "just us".
Until, of course, Eric had to start traveling again. Already. So we sat in the car and caught up and were all warm and fuzzy when we arrived at the airport so he could leave. hmph. boo. hiss. no fun.
So, we do the usual hugs and kisses before he walks inside and I just melt. I didnt want him to leave. Wasnt ready for him to leave.
But he walked inside. I started to pull away from the curb and then stopped. I wanted to make sure we prayed together one more time before he left. I hurried and called him as fast as I could unlock my phone and hit SEND. I told him "come back outside real fast...2 seconds...i just wanna pray together super fast before you go." He said he was already in line with people behind him and he needed to make sure he checked in and weighed his bag, etc. He promised we would pray together tonight before we go to bed. I was okay with that, but still had tears in my eyes since I wanted to just hug him one more time.
So I pulled away from the curb and got stuck behind a huge van for a minute. I wiped some tears while the van pulled to the curb to let out their passengers. As the van pulled to the crub, a huge white Lex*us pulled in front of me. I was silently praying for Eric to have a safe flight with a safe arrival and a speedy trip when i read the lisence plate of the car in front of me. It read:
ALM IT GD
"Almighty God"
I got the stupidest, biggest smile on my face and immediately called Eric back. This all happened within 15 seconds, so he answered his phone with a cute little "yeeeesssss????" and I told him "nevermind about hte praying....God knows what I needed..." and I told him about the lisence plate.
As much as I HATE him leaving, and detest the whole flying thing, I know that God has us both in His arms, keeping us safe. It was such a great way to help get us past this part of the year. :)
8 comments:
::sigh:: I envy the connection you two have...hope I find something like it eventually.
How Happy! EBass is the coolest KAT in town (am I a total cheeseball or what!)
That is so great you two got to get back on the same page. It's great to leave all of the bad behind and start over in the new year.
I have tears in my eyes and a big smile on my face thinking about the license plate. I haven't been a very good stalker. I just clicked to see if maybe you had something new and you had a couple of new posts. I don't know that if since you went private, it doesn't show on my sidebar or what but I'm glad I checked in. Hope you are having a good year so far and I'm still praying for you. I think about you every day. And I have never even met you...that is the awesome thing to me about how God brings bloggers together. Love it! Take care...Carrie
Kat: That's a great story to start off the New Year! Sorry he's back to traveling though. Hang in there! Maria
Happy New Year Kat!!!
What an uplifting post. You are right. God has us all wrapped up in HIS arms and he is making all the plans for us.
I just want you to know since I don't talk much on the message board that you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I can't wait till you have a baby to hold in those loving arms.
God Speed,
Natosha
I think that is wonderful of the quality time you have spent together & were able to be on the same page, but more so that God was with you & knew what you need. 2009 is a Good Year!
Post a Comment