On Tuesday night, Eric's Memaw had us over for some Scrabble and fun times enjoying each other's company. Eric's cousin, Mandi and his Uncle's girlfriend, Danielle are two of my very bestest friends who happen to be family. They adore Whitney, and I LOOOVE that Whitney LIGHTS UP when I say "Wanna go see Aunt D?" or "Your Aunt Mandi is coming over!!" She absolutely LOVES these girls (and their boyfriends :))
I am TERRRRRIBLE at Scrabble, so I was gladly on Whitney-duty while D, Mandi, Memaw, and Eric played. Whitney wanted to sit on Daddy's lap...which was not a problem until he drew his letters.....
...and Whitney started naming all his letters as he lined them up :) "P!" "O!" "Mmmm!" She was quickly deemed a Scrabble liability, and sent off to explore :)
We gotta get this girl a rocking chair! She LOVES this chair! Memaw's brother (cousin?) made this rocking chair back in the 1920's. Whitney had a fun time getting on and off, on and off, over and over. :)
She thought it was especially funny when Grandaddy started rocking in HIS rocking chair! They rocked back and forth, copying each other and laughing out loud. TOO cute :)
Then Grandaddy taught Whitney how to flop into their beanbag chair :) We kept telling her "Jump!", so she would "jump" and then fall onto the fluffy bean bag.
She ADORES her Grandaddy! (And how could she not!?)
Yesterday was probably one of the best days in sports...well, in sports *I* love. Im not a huge soccer fan, but I do think its pretty cool that my brother went to a bar at 9am to watch USA beat Algeria to move onto the next round of the World Cup. :)
Whitney says "GOOOO USA!!"
Yesterday afternoon, Clemson finished up a win in the College World series. GO TIGERS!
And I spent a lot of time glued to the television watching what has now become the longest tennis match in history. Wimbledon is tied with the US Open as my FAVORITE Grand Slam. I remember visiting Wimbledon in 8th grade and, even when I thought the world revolved around me, I knew that place was special. I would love to go for an actual tournament some day, but Im happy to have been there and witnessed the tradition in the off-season.
As I type, these two gentlemen are attempting to finish up the 5th set of their match. They are currently tied at 66 games each. UNREAL. The total match time has lasted more than 10 hours, and spread over three days. THREE DAYS in the SAME MATCH against the SAME opponent?! Incredible.
I laid Whitney down for her nap thinking we'll have lunch and head to do some errands when she wakes up....but only if this match has finally ended! I cant invest this much time in ONE match, and then miss the ending! Thankfully, Whitney enjoys the clapping in between points, and doesnt mind watching with me :)
And last night, after tennis play had been suspended and we had played in the pool for hours, our amazing little girl decided to round out our fun day with some special cuddles on the couch. These are some of my favorite times, when I cant believe Im finally a mommy and I cant put words to how blessed and lucky and amazing life is right now. We cuddled and watched Toy Story before bedtime. And I love that Eric KNOWS that those moments are my favs, and tries to snap pictures whenever these rare moments occur. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment