Monday, June 7, 2010

One of the BEST Weekends





Friday night we went over to Eddie and DeeDeeDee's house to celebrate Nick's high school graduation. I didnt get a chance to take my camera out, so I missed snapping some of the CUTEST pics of Eric's Grandaddy feeding Whitney pie. She kept running back to him, sticking her face up to his plate and smiling/giggling wildly :) I am not sure who was having more fun...Grandaddy or Whitney?! They carried on like that through a giant slice of blueberry pie and then it was time to get our sugared-up princess to bed :)

On Saturday, Whitney went to keep an eye on her Mac and Gramps so that Eric and I could head out to the beach to celebrate our friend Dave's birthday :) I have never been a big beach fan...no real reason why....just not diggin' the whole "sand" thing I guess. But I was singing a different tune after Saturday! I kept asking "why dont we come out to the beach more often!?" It was great! Wonderful weather, fabulous friends/framily to spend the day with,...what more could we want?! Of course, Eric and I spent 85% of the day saying "Whitney would LOVE this!" and "Oh, I bet she would be jumping in the water and digging in the sand if she was here right now!" and pointing out all the other little girls on the beach who were about Whitney's age, loving the sand and water. :) Thankfully, we are headed to a beach condo for a week in August, so Whitney will have plenty of pool/sand/ocean time :)
We only took a few pics since, ya know, that whole "sand gets EVERYWHERE" thing bugs me so much:

Sunday was a day I had been looking forward to for a WHILE. My very best friend from elementary school was visiting her dad not too far away from our house. Carolyn and I went to school together from kindergarten through 5th grade. SOOOO many memories:

So when I found out Carolyn and her fam would be in the Sunshine State, I knew we HAD to get together :) We laughed and laughed and laughed...and laughed. Our husbands agreed that its a good thing we dont live closer, as we are "sooo alike, its scary" :) It was as though we just hung out last week or had a sleepover last weekend :) Thank goodness for Facebook! We had soo much fun catching up and, did I mention laughing? :)
Jacklyn is 22 months going on 15 years old :) She talks and talks like a 4 year old! SOOO smart and such a huge sense of humor for such a teeny tiny person :)  She wasnt so sure about the characters,  but that actually worked out nicely since it meant we wouldnt have to wait in lines for character greetings :)
Whitney loved meeting Tigger and Pooh, although she kept "roaaarrrr"ing like a tiger, as she doesnt really know who Tigger is. :) Look at us with our very own little girls...total dreams come true!
We all enjoyed the show on the stage at the Castle before tackling Dumbo, Small World, Peter Pan, Philharmagic, lunch, the parade, Jungle Cruise, Aladdin, the carousel, some ice cream, multiple diaper changes, and a few short cat naps :) A not ONE tear was shed the entire day, but adult OR child :) SUCCESS! We just kept going and going, saying we would stop when the girls melted down or hit their wall...it never happened! Both girls rocked Disney World AND stayed awake long enough to go out to dinner afterwards! Total Rock Stars! :)
Future Facebook Friends and College Roomies :)

It was SOOOO great catching up and falling back into each other's lives. Its amazing how our journeys to motherhood are so similar. Kinda makes ya wonder if there was something wonky in the water in our hometown!? :)
None of us can wait to get together again, and are already planning their return trip next year! Carolyn is trying to convince me to visit them in New Jersey, but Im opposed to all things "snow", so it would have to wait til next Summer :) Either way, we will NOT allow another 15+ years before we get together again :)
Love you Carolyn!! :)

Today was supposed to be a relaxed day at home, unwinding, doing laundry, cleaning house, and just getting back into our routine....instead, I decided today was the day Whitney gets her slide :) I have wanted something to play with/on outside, without having to drag out her kiddie pool or get in our big pool every single day. I dont mind the pools at all...i definitely appreciate them. I just wanted something else. Something that doenst require multiple outfit changes or special diapers. I had eyeballed this little gym/slide for a while and was THRILLED when Whitney tried it out at her cousin Corbyn's house last month. She LOVED it and didnt want to stop sliding :) So Mac and Gramps met us as Toys R Us to load W's new slide in their car. Thanks to several gift cards, the $100 "toy" only cost us $20 out of pocket, and its worth $1,000,000...just look at how excited she was!!!


So, another AMAZING weekend in a string of GREAT weekends! It will be tough to top! So grateful for the time with great friends who feel like family, and great family who I love to call friends. I am more and more convinced everyday that life just doesnt get much better than this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment