Ok, so I have a TON of pics to share and have been asked to post them all so the laughs can continue....
We headed to our besties' house on Sunday night and we are still laughing. Dave and Dallas got an Xbox Kinect for Christmas, and while I was skeptical about it at first, we are now believers in the fun of the Kinect...and, in fact, we went out and bought our own system the next day.
You'll want one too when you see how much fun we had. :)
When we got there, Faith was napping, so Whitney was VERY excited when Sleeping Beauty finally awoke to play with her :)
Let the games begin! Here is Todd and Eric during the track and field part of the game. This was when the laughs REALLY started....
The game system has a camera that tracks your movements. So you essentially hop into the game and make your character move using your own body motions. No handheld controller. So if you jump, your character jumps. If you duck, your character ducks. It is AMAZING.
Todd and Eric got us started with the 100 meter dash.
I could NOT stop LAUGHING....
Todd's turn!
Whitney and Faith had fun laughing at us, too. Faith is such a great sharer!
Jenn is now the mommy to 15 year old Kyle, tween Lexi, and 2 month old twins, Tallon and Brynn.....God Bless her!! All her kids are beautiful, and SOOOO well behaved!!
Whitney saw how much fun Daddy and Mr. Todd were having, and she started running with them, yelling, "RUN! RUN!" HAHAH
Papa Todd can sprint the 100 meter dash, and then simmer down into Daddy mode, burping and soothing two babies at once. :)
Faither loves Uncle Bass :)
While the boys took a break from their workout (they were both sweating and heaving), Whitney and Austin and Faith opened their Christmas gifts. Of course, Whitney wouldve been totally thrilled to just get a giant bag for Christmas!
And of course we had to try to put BOTH girls in their together :)
However, Whitney decided walking around blindly running into things would be more fun.
Then, it was my turn to play Kinect against Dave.
Dave was up first:
Then it was my turn to throw the pretend javelin. (disregard the purple bow...its whitney's....she kept losing it)
Then...it was time to attempt the hurdles. HILARIOUS! I learned just how out of shape I am! haha
I think this was during beach volleyball....
Long jumping Dave:
Discus or javelin......who knew tossing an imaginary object could be so much fun and so challenging?!
Who's gonna win??? I AM!!
more hurdles or 100 meter dash.... look at that determination, folks!
I was losing my pants and trying to hold them up while blowing past Dave :) I dont know if my abs hurt from the workout or from laughing so hard!?
Then it was time for the other spouses to compete...Eric vs. Dallas in the 100 meter dash.
Look at that form!! And with a toddler in tow!! :)
long jumping :)
discus....i mean, does he look like an Olympian or what!?
Again, Whitney wanted to "run! run! RUN!!" with Daddy and Aunt Dallas :)
We were all pretty wiped out from the fun and games:
See? I told you you'd want to run to the store and grab your very own Xbox Kinect!! SOOO. Much. FUN!
Eric and I did a little pretend white-water rafting and some major table tennis on Monday night. Curious about the workout intensity, and knowing my heart was pumping, I decided to wear my heart rate monitor to get an idea of how many calories I was burning. Amazingly and encouragingly, I burned over 400 calories in 30 minutes of playing video games. :) Im hooked! We bought the Biggest Loser game, and I cant wait to get started :) I was sore for DAYS after playing track and field and tennis. DAYS. I struggled to lift Whitney as my jello arms trembled. Embarassingly, I AM that out of shape....but this Kinect just might be a fun way to shed some pounds and find a new level of fitness :)
1 comment:
Did you know they have an animal game for kinect for kids? I saw a commercial for it on tv the other night and it looked like so much fun. I think it's called kinnectimals or something like that. After seeing the fun that you guys had with it, I definitely want one now. Mr.joe just plays stupid Black Ops on our Xbox all day. I need a reason to take it over :-) Happy New Year!!
Post a Comment