Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Impromptu Haircuts, God is Good All the Time, and Dirt Bikes are Cute......

Whitney got a new hairdo hair-do hair.... hairstyle tonight! (How the heck do you spell "hairdo".really?!)
I have told Eric "Im gonna cut her hair" multiple time in the last few weeks, but I always chicken out and tell myself "I'll give it another couple days." Im not sure if I thought another couple days would suddenly, magically make her mullet transform into a fabulously beautiful coiffe, or if I just needed a bit more time to psych myself up. 
Tonight was the night though! I was giving her a bath and watching her wet hair stretch allllllllllllllll the way down her back, almost to her lil booty.  THe front of her hair, from her ears forward, WILL NOT GROW.  It has only been trimmed a minute amount ONE time, in an effort to entice some growth, but it simply will NOT grow.  It curls and flips out like little wings, but it will not grow. 
Then, on top of her super long layer in the back, she had this random shorter layer that would flip out.  That layer has refused to grow as well, however it is longer than the short flippy wings in the front.  So she literally had three layers of hair rockin'.
Flippy wings on the sides, random not-long-but-not-short layer in the back, SUPER long mullet layer in the back, and then the cutest lil wispy bangs that arrived naturally and without the aid of scissors...however they wont grow either.
So...without dragging this out any further....here is the evidence:

                                   Exhibit One: Flippy wings in full effect at Disney last weekend


Exhibit Two: Longest layer mullet and a few flips from the random-length middle layer:

Exhibit Three: wispy bangs without the help of scissors. At least those were the perfect length :)

And after the bath tonight:

It is not all one length yet, and its certainly not perfect, but at least it will look a little neater and less wild woman.

That random layer is trying to join forces with the flippy wings.....this could get ugly in humid weather. 

And how could I highlight this child's hair WITHOUT including a bow?!?

Does anyone else see a glimpse of her future school pictures? Like, maybe a first or second grade pic!???


A pic from earlier today :) I seriously stare at her and wonder how we got so lucky :) She amazes me every single day.
And My AMAZING Sister-in-Law, Lynzie wrote a beautiful post about what our family has been going through this week.  I'll let you read her words since she says it much better than I can.  It was amazing to feel God working so closely in our family as we lost another great Bass last weekend.  We were all together when we got the news that Grandpa Bass had passed away.....We are all certain that Robin wanted us to be together in that moment in order to support Eric's dad as he grieved the loss of his father just 3 short months after losing his wife.  As it turned out, Grandpa hadnt actually gone to heaven yet when we got the first phone call.  We know that God planned it that way because He knew that we were all packing up to leave Gary's house.  If we had left, Gary would've been alone when the real phone call came through telling Gary that his dad had died.  So while we were all upset and confused why someone would call and say our loved one had died when they hadnt actually taken their last breath yet, we know now that God has a reason for EVERYTHING.  And because of the way things played out, we got to be together as a family the first time we heard the bad news...and in the end, Gary was actually able to be at his father's side as he went to be with Jesus.  It allllll happens for a reason and it was all planned well before we were here.

Before the bad news hit at the end of the day, we were all blessed to enjoy time together as a fam. Lynzie has cuter pics on her blog. But here are some from my camera:
We FINALLY got to give Corbyn and Callie their Christmas gifts.  Youd think, with all the family Christmases we had in 2010, that we wouldve found time to get these kids their gifts,..but nope. Whitney was excited to give Corbyn his gifts :)

Poor Corbyn.  I asked his Mommy what he wanted or needed for Christmas and she told me she would be potty training him soon, and some cool undies would be great! So this poor kid waits over a MONTH to get his Christmas gift from Aunt Kat and Uncle Eric......and its underwear.  Big boy underwear.  With Buzz Lightyear and Lightning McQueen and other favulous characters.  But alas....undies are undies.  And this dude was nice enough to say "Thank you!" even though he was probably hating my face.

And then he got to open the next gift and it was WAAAY cooler :) My reputation as "Cool Aunt Kat" was saved!!!! Buzz Lightyear race rocket thing-a-ma-jig was a HIT!!
(But cant you tell by the look on his face that he was really thinking, "THIS is what a REAL gift should be like, Aunt Kat.  C'mon.  Underwear? F'real? Tsk. Tsk.  You should know better.  You have a kid now! Dont you know what CRAPPY gifts look like!??! Let's shape up before my birthday in July, mmkay? Love ya. Thanks."

And as I stood inside talking with the girls, I glanced through the window in the kitchen and saw this:

Daddy couldnt resist putting his little princess on a dirt bike.  In a tutu.  With pink tights and giant hairbow and sprakley shoes (that Whitney calls "farkle-eeee shoes!").  TOTALLY proper dirt bike attire, no?

Who's having more fun here, folks? Note Daddy making the obvious "dirt bike sounds" for effect :)

She even makes dirt bikes look "cute".  

2 comments:

Sha said...

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Grandpa Bass! Your entire family is in my thoughts!

Lil Miss Whitney sure is a Beauty!

Amanda said...

I'm very sorry to hear of ya'lls loss. But I think you're right that God works in mysterious ways, and that was indeed his way of making sure ya'll were all together...

I suck as a blog friend, I honestly can't remember the last time I read your blog. I'm so sorry. You'll have to e-mail me and let me know about that situation you emailed me about before, and give me an update.

Hope all is well, and Whitney's hair looks really cute!! Kid hair is sooo funny!

Post a Comment