Saturday, June 11, 2011

Got Tissues?

.. while this likely describes the way most good moms feel about their kids, I think it has a perfect story for our Whitney Faith.



"God wanted to give a gift to the world, so He wrapped it in you..."



"Long before you took your first fall, we stumbled to the ground..."


"God started telling the story of you to the angels gathered around..."


"Every failure and victory....and everything in between....its all in His hands..."



"You were meant to be touching the lives that you touch, and meant to be here making this world so much more than it would be without you in it..."


"Meant to be ...singing the songs youve been given to sing..."


"You're perfectly, wonderfully, beautifully meant to be..."



"....it's a meaningful life youve been given...so live it well!"


"You were meant to be touching the lives that you touch,
 and meant to be here making this world so much more than it would be without you in it.
You were meant to be bringing the gifts that you bring,
and singing the songs you've been given to sing.
You are perfectly, wonderfully, beautifully meant to be... yeah. You were meant to be. You were meant to be. You were meant to be."


The story behind the song.....(grab more tissues...)


And really? Can anyone deny that she was meant to be? Meant to be a part of our family?

Remember when i copied this from another blog: ....?
"My all time favorite (new) joy comes when I'm holding baby and I start talking...he immediately finds my eyes and holds the stare until he falls asleep. It's as if his little heart is saying...Thank you. Thank you for waiting...for enduring all the pain....all the heartache....all the drugs and shots....all the empty answers....all the barren years....for enduring the endless supply of surrounding pregos...for holding other babies, but praying for me....for pushing through the darkness....for opening your heart....( )....for loving my first mom more than yourself...for never giving up."

.....yeah....we still have those moments.  Except now? Whitney is old enough to say "please" and "thank you" (side note: she says: "thank you, mommy!" when I hand her toilet paper to wipe....EVERY time.) and sometimes, she will randomly walk up to me and hug me or my legs and say "Thanks you, Mommy!"  Now, I dont know (and cant get her to tell me) what she is REALLY thanking me for, but I always tell her "NO! Thank YOOOOU, Whitney!!"....since she was the one who made MY dreams come true :)

And as a matter of fact...after I swiped the above passage from another blog, I typed this up on my own......and it couldnt be more true, two years later:

I love that *I* can make Whitney smile and giggle faster than anyone else on the planet. I love that *I*
can calm her and comfort her when she is overwhelmed or bored. I know that *I* was meant to be *her* mommy. I totally know that God hand-picked this little girl to come to our house. If I was knocked-up the first month we tried, then Whitney wouldnt be our daughter. If I had seen 2 pink lines on a pregnancy test at any point in the last 4 years, it wouldnt have been our Whitney. If all those shots and ultrasounds and bloodtests and treatments had worked, I wouldnt get to wake up to *HER* smile every morning. Sure I would be happy with any baby God sent me. Of course! But having Whitney HERE now just proves to me that all that stuff was worth it. All that drama and heartache. The tears and pain. Every single prayer was answered. She is perfectly ours. And we couldnt be more blessed.

Isnt it really cool and pretty amazing when you sit back and realize that God has been working close at hand....in your own home? Just reminds us that, even now when life is GREAT, He has His hands in it.  Sure, Eric works hard and Whitney rocks and we have the best, most amaaazing family close-by....but God has this.  He's the one who had this all planned way before we were involved.  And that's a pretty cool feeling...to know that there is NOTHING to worry about because, just like our infertility and my heart-breaking neeeed to have a child.....God has it figured out.  And boooy, does He work things out perfectly according to plan, or what?!!?

Whitney and I missed Eric this weekend, but we are excited to welcome a NEW baby to our family soon.  Sawyer Corgan Davis will be Whitney's newest cousin this Fall, and we cant WAIT to meet him! The Daddies?Uncles/Papa all enjoyed a trip together this weekend (the Annual Man Trip), while the girls showered "Aunt Tina", the Mommy to Be. 

In preparing for the baby shower, I was given the task of buying a baby book for everyone to sign at the shower.  Not an actual "Baby Book", but a children's book that guests could sign, and that Sawyer could listen to his Mommy and Daddy read to him through the years.  I found some great books, and even grabbed a copy of this one for Whitney, since the message is great for all kids/families. 


Whitney has been stuck, stuck, STUCK on princess books lately, but this new book caught her attention and had her repeating pages/lines with one quick read tonight.  Super cute, and a keeper for bedtime routine, FOR SURE!

I took some cute pics throughout the last week, but realized that several of them are "potty" pics, in which Whitney is doing something that only a mommy or daddy could find cute. (ie, sporting a sword, tiara, and fairy panties on the potty while reading a book and shouting "I GO POTTTTY!!!!") Yeah. So. Yall dont need to see that. 
I will make a valiant effort to take pics at the baby shower and throughout the week (involving things other than "big girl bed" and "big girl potty", which seem to be sucking up a LOT of our time lately.)
(However, on that note, and strictly for my own chronicles....Whitney had ONE accident last week, and it happened to take place at her gym class, just SECONDS after another mommy was asking me our "potty traning technique".  Pretty sure that mommy will be waiting a while longer before taking my advice.  But one accident in her first week of training? not bad!  In fact, Whitney has been dry all day, for naps, AND (drum rolllllllll) every morning for a week!  I am excusing the ONE accident at gym class because A) it was her very first outing in panties, and B) she was literally at the ceiling, on top of some "tower" that was not easy to navigate, let alone rush down quickly while "holding it" and listening to your frantic mommy repeating "hold it! hold it! Whitney, hold it! Dont! Whitney....! ugh" So, while I am the LAST person to make excuses for my kid (or any one else's!), I can let that one whoopsie go :) )

Another side note...we said a "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" to the boys next door today! They are 9 weeks younger than Whitney and I looove this pic:

I remember Whitney suddenly appearing "HUGE" to us all, when really, she is only 2 months older!
Happy Birthday, Co.rtland and Co.nrad!!!

Isnt it amazing what two years can make happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment