Thursday, November 14, 2013

Cheese Puff Hands are my Favorite

Grady is really into holding hands lately and it's brought me to happy tears twice this week so I had to share. 
First, as he sits in his high chair at lunch, he reaches for my hand. At first I thought he wanted help with his spoon or was taking my hand to point to something. Nope.  He holds my hand in his, then shyly smiles as he turns his head and looks out the window.  He hugs my hand. He pats my hand and if I give his hand a few squeezes, he squeezes back and smiles. It melts my mommy heart when he reaches for me and gives that lovey affection since he's always so busy and intense. I eat it up. 

And today as I was waiting for the gas tank to fill at Sam's, I looked back and saw Grady peeking over the top of his car seat at me. 
When I said "hi dude!", he reached his hand back towards me and said, "Mama!"
I gave him my hand and he did the same thing he does at lunch. He looked away shyly with a silly grin on his face, 

And when I said "mommy loves you!", he looked back at me and blew me a kiss. Melt. 

When I tried to pull my hand away, he protested and then hugged my hand. 


Cheese puff sticky hands are the best hands to hold tight. 

By the time we got home, he was out cold and I can't bear to put him in his crib. So here I sit, covered in cheese puff toddler snoring heaven. 

Life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment