I love a good beach week. And I definitely love pool days with the family. But there is something awesome and especially fun about the time from Thanksgiving through New Years' Day with these kids around!
I caved and started Halloween decorations earlier than I wanted this year, but I stood my ground and absolutely would NOT pull those Christmas bins out until Thanksgiving. We had fun with Tutu the Turkey, but when the neighbors across the street put their techno-magic, dancing-lights Christmas tree in their window again this year, we were all feeling the itch to kick up the Christmas music and light a "candy cane" candle!
We have a lot of favorite holiday traditions we enjoy each November and December, but one of my favorite nights is spent at Hollywood Studios with Mac and Gramps and our kids. Grady liked the tram ride into the park from the parking lot lol
Mom and Dad secured an awesome table at The Brown Derby's new patio, and Eric and I took the kids to see the new "Disney Junior" show. Always a hit!
She was hopped up on adrenaline and sugar!
And there are few things I love more than watching my parents laugh with my kids. The best.
We left our great spot listening to the band and headed back to the reason for the trip....the LIGHTS!
Grady noticed a billboard for one of his favorites, Mike Wazowski :)
This. was not the fun part. lol
Its always fun to see these Florida kids see "snow" :) Whitney is starting to ask if we will ever go build a snowman at Uncle Jay's house. Beware, Uncle Jay! We may be there next year!
It is near impossible to get both kids to look at the camera while smiling.....especially in a crowd with Christmas carols blaring and "snow" coming down. We tried out best.
I swear they conspire against us and make similar silly faces in about half of our attempts.
Usually Disney cast members are great picture takers. The guy trying to help us capture the magic was NOT "great". At all. It was like he never touched a camera before. Really?!
Totally Whitney and Grady. Happy, silly girl. Skeptical, serious dude.
Love him.
And I really love how much these kids love their Mac and Gramps.
Does it get more magical and fun than jumping in puddles during a Disney "snow" storm while listening to Christmas carols with family??? No. It doesnt.
Because we are fun like that.
She is the BEST big sister.
Disney really knows how to do Christmas magic!
And my parents bought our annual passes for all of us this year, so its the Christmas gift that keeps on giving ALL year round! THANK YOU for the magic and the memories, Mac and Gramps!
We love you!
More on Grady's MRI, Thanksgiving flu madness, and successful Christmas card pics ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment