Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Picture Catch-Up

I keep taking pictures, but havent had time to post a few good ones. :) So I am not going to bore you with the details...just the pics :)
Whitney has been LOVING the Baby Einstein DVDs Eric's cousin Missy gave us! Bailey wants in on the action,too. :)








And Whitney can fall asleep pretty much ANYWHERE:


I LOVE every minute of cuddles I get from Whitney. She has been a snuggly girl from the first time we ever held her, and I LOVE that she still loves to be cuddled. I know it may not last much longer (once she's mobile) so I am sucking it all up right now!

And, before anyone freaks out on me, let me explain. Whitney has been showing a few small signs of wanting/needing more than just a bottle. She is eating 6 oz every 4 hours and gnawing on her fist a lot. After talking with some mommy girlfriends, I decided that I was going to wait until 3 or 4 months to introduce cereal....but today....on a whim....completely unplanned....I decided to sit Whitney in her high chair "just to see what she would do."

She had just finished a 6oz bottle, so I knew she couldnt be hungry, but I thought (on a whim) that I would just mix up some cereal and see what she did with it. Some babies at the daycare took a long time to get used to a spoon in their mouths, and it was difficult to feed them (frustrating to all parties involved in the process). I was just curious. And it cant HURT her. So we tried it. I dont think she swallowed more than one spoonful total, but she had fun with it, and her faces were priceless. :) I dont plan to offer cereal regularly yet (although...a week from today she will be THREE MONTHS OLD..!?), but (did I mention this was unplanned?!)it is nice to know she already has that whole "open wide" thing down pat. :)
How cute does she look in that high chair!?

First try: (The pics arent great quality since I was holding the camera with one hand and the spoon with my right hand.)
She wasnt sure if she wanted her fist or the spoon....

She decided the spoon was way more fun:

More PLEASE!!

YUMMMMM

This stuff is gooood, Mommy!

What do you call that stuff? It doesnt LOOK very yummy, but its something I could get used to!

Amazing.

Can we try this again soon???

No bow in her hair and no bib on her neck....PROOF that this wasnt planned. :) But it sure was FUN! :)

8 comments:

Sha said...

Oh Kat she is so precious! I remember the first time I gave Belah cereal...it was a fun experience! I like you started cereal sooner than some thought I should! And guess what Belah it is healthy and alive! He he he

Give that Sugar Plum smooches for me!

mommy2rene said...

Love all the pics Kat!! You are the mommy and You decide when you are going to be giving that princess cereal :) It looks like she really enjoyed it. Its so much fun the first time they eat to see their expressions. I can't wait to get Jaelyn's first eating pics :)

Amber McConnell said...

oh how cute! i love all the pics!!!

Anonymous said...

First off I have to say your pictures of her watching t.v are so freakin cute, and good. You have totally gotten good at taking pics. i also love the pics of her eating the cereal, she has the cutest little faces. she is just a doll baby.

Morgan

Kaley said...

Adorable! Those cereal pics are priceless. Her hair is getting so long too. Se certainly is a loved little girl, no denying that, at all.

bethaidan said...

I love her expressions!!! Can she get any cuter?!?!

Mari said...

She is getting so big already! Love it!! It's funny watching them work the cereal around in their mouths for the first time, like what in the world is this?! So cute.

Anonymous said...

very cute! :) yummy cereal! :)
Randi

Post a Comment