My brother got here from Boston on Wednesday, and Whitney was excited to have someone else to play with. Uncle Jay delivered, by getting right down on her level (literally), and proving that he may be over 6 feet tall, but he can act like a kid whenever we need him to. :)
I always knew that my brother would be an AWESOME Uncle to my kids, but it is sooo fun to see them interact and laugh with each other. I can just see their relationship growing as Whitney gets older, and I cant wait to see all the funny things they say and do!
Playing with Whitney's Thanksgiving Little People....Bailey cant be too far from the action.
On Thursday, my Aunt Gerry and Uncle D got here from Cleveland. We were hoping we would have nice, WARM weather for them since they were leaving behind snow and ice....but alas, it was in the 50s when they got here. :(
Whitney was thrilled to entertain everyone before we all headed out to a yummy dinner. (Where she continued to entertain...)
"UNKA JAAAY-EEEE"
I love this pic :) They both look so happy and smiley!
It's really a shame Whitney is ignored so often, huh? I mean, the poor kid cant get a second by herself!! We are ALL in her face ALLL the time! haha She makes Christmastime even more special!
Mom, Aunt Ger, and Whitney :)
At dinner, Whitney made a special request to sit next to her G.G., and they couldnt wait to "Cheers!" Or, according to Whitney, "CHEE-UUHS!" We arent sure where her accent is from....could be New Jersey, could be Boston.....its unique!
Uncle D, Eric, Me, Whitney, Gramps, Mac, G.G., Aunt Ger, and Uncle Jay at dinner. Yummy food and great family memories...does it get better?
The next day was Christmas Eve, and the boys all went golfing while the girls went shopping. That's how God planned Christmas Eve, right? I think so. :)
Before we left for the stores, Whitney got to open a few presents at Mac's. Aunt Gerry got her some awesome packs of playing cards that are just her size. She loooved the Mickey and Princess decks of cards, and didnt want to stop playing with them! THANKS, Aunt Ger!
We had fun asking her to count them or tell us what numbers were on them or which princess or character she saw and what color dress they were wearing. Im not sure who had more fun!
BIG HUGS and Kisses for Aunt Gerry!!
Christmas Eve, we went to Eric's Aunt Patti's house. Although we had FOURTEEN less people this year, it was still a good time :) Memaw got to spend time with her two youngest great-granddaughters :)
(Despite how it looks, Whitney is NOT banging Kaia with a hammer....she was trying to share...)
Most of the crew....Whitney was surely the entertainment for the night. She was rolllllllling back and forth and shimmy-ing along the floor, showing off her silly, wild, I'm-exhausted-but-instead-of-crashing,-i-will-entertain-you-with-my-ridiculous-acrobatics-and-silly-songs mood.
We exchanged magnets this year and Whitney could NOT wait to dig into the presents. I thought we had another year or so before Whitney realllllllly got into the idea of presents and new toys/gifts to play with....but nope. And the best part is, she loves the idea of "PRESENTSSS!", but she doesnt really care to rip into them or tear through the paper to get to the good stuff.
She takes her sweet time, peeling off tape and bows, often naming the colors she sees or getting distracted by what someone else has opened.
It was a fun night until my allergies ATTACKED and I was forced to make a run for the car. I grew up loving the three cats we had as pets, but somehow I have developed a pretty severe allergy to the lovable felines...and it almost kills me every time I encounter them now. Sad...since I bet Whitney would love a kitten someday.
After we left Aunt Patti's, we stopped next door at our favorite neighbor's, Summer and Mike's for a minute to say "Merry Christmas! And to all a good night....!" And we headed home to put our pumpkin to bed and enjoy our second year in the role of Mr. and Mrs. Claus :)
We had a lot of fun last Christmas, and we sorta knew that each Christmas and holiday would get better and better, but Whitney really makes the holidays make sense. My heart swells with pride when we ask Whitney "Who's birthday is on Christmas?" and she yells (loudly), "BAYBEEE JEEZISSS!" The Little People Nativity set really helped us tell the story of Jesus' birth in terms a toddler could grasp. One of the next things out of Whitney's mouth after "BAYBEEE JEEZISSS" is "Cake!!" She knows we eat cake at birthdays, and it would only make sense to eat cake for Jesus' birthday. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment