Since May, our family has viewed Toy Story and now Toy Story 3, if Im guessing, no less than 9,384 times. Whitney can literally recite Toy Story and actually calls out the character's lines before they do. (I'm not exaggerating...don't judge me because my kid is a genius.) And now, Toy Story 3 has found its place in our hearts, and that little Bonnie character TOTALLY reminds us of a preschool-aged Whitney. TOOO cute.
I have spoken about Whitney's obsession with Woody, the tall cowboy voiced by Tom Hanks. She sleeps with him nightly (yes, I just said that), and lately he has been finding his way into most of our pictures, as he is never far away from grasp. He's a faithful friend in the movie, and I think Whitney appreciates that. :)
Howevever....Toy Story 2 wasnt as big a hit as good 'ol regular Toy Story back in May. So Whitney hadnt had toooo much exposure to the girl cowboy named Jessie. She's the "rootin' tootin'-est cowgirl in the West!" I thought she was darling, but Whitney was stuck on Woody. Until......Toy Story 3 was popped into our DVD player last month. "Jessie" has been creeping into Whitney's daily vocabulary more and more, and she belly laughs when Jessie says something funny in the movie. Look out, Wood-ster! There's a NEW cowgirl in town! YeeeeeeeeHAW!! (WHitney's FAVORITE movie line everrrrr)
Off topic here for a second, but bear with me. Eric and I agreed that, while it would be terribly difficult to resist the urge, we would NOT give Whitney ANY Christmas presents early. It just wouldnt be right for me to give Whitney a gift early, and steal from Eric the opportunity to see his little girl's face light up with joy and excitement as she lays eyes on her new toy!
So I video taped it.
You know. So he wouldnt miss that joy-and-excitement moment that Christmas brings. He got to see Whitney lay eyes upon her very own JESSIE doll this afternoon, and she was THRILLED!
And since I taped it, I only feel about 40% as bad as I would if I had just handed her the toy and then given him the play-by-play later, without video. See? Who says I dont think of others? :)
She was hugging Jessie and loving on her, and then, after some coaxing, decided that it might be a good idea for Woody to see her new Jessie. Ya know, they ARE really good friends in the movies.....
She really couldnt have been any happier. I heart Toy Story. :)
Then, when Whitney was done introducing Woody and Jessie, she couldnt wait to see her Bestie, Faith, who was spending the day with us. Unfortunately, Faith was on hour FOUR of another marathon nap, so Whitney would have to wait. Finally, we got the 'okay' to wake Sleeping Beauty....and Whitney's excitement was taken to new levels:
Whitney is shouting "FAAAIIIITH!!" in case you cant tell due to the shrill octave she chose.
These two were, once again, making me laugh all day as they interact and share toys and laugh at jokes I dont understand because I forgot how to think like a toddler. Their little friendship is growing and it is such a blessing to be able to watch it develop before our eyes.
Whitney is currently tucked in bed, cuddling her new friend, Jessie, after an exciting day playing with Faith, and the truly life-altering experience of.....wait for it........GOING PEE-PEE on the POTTY!!!!!
And yes, there is video of that excitement as well. But it's, no joke, SIXTEEN minutes of video of Whitney in the buff, reading books and telling us she is going "pee pee on potty!" while happily sitting on her tiny pink potty. Cute...but sorta not blog material unless I want her to REALLLY hate me someday. So that milestone moment will be shared with only the luckiest of family and friends who can handle that lil gem and all its cuteness. (And those who wont make fun of me when I am seen peering into the potty to discover pee that has just come from my child. Whitney screaming "FAAAIIITH!" doesnt even come CLOSE to the octave I chose. jeesh. I need a life.)
But for the record, we only bought the potty because it serves as a step-stool to her sink in the bathroom. I have no intentions of early potty training, and I would be just fine with my kid going off to college wearing Pampers. Maybe its all those diapers I changed at the daycare, but changing dipes does NOT bother me. Its soooo convenient knowing that we can spend an hour in Walmart taking our time with grocery shopping, and she can pee 22 times if she'd like, without effecting me until it's time to take the full diaper off and put a fresh one on. I realllllly despise public restrooms, so the thought of Whitney's happy hiney sitting on a dirty, nasty, gross public potty makes me want to toss my cookies. Diapers are not an unwelcome guest in this house for a while longer. Call me crazy. Im just not in any rush. She's 19 months for pete's sake!
BUT.....alllllll that being said..... as we finished up lotion and were about to slap on the nighttime dipe tonight, Whitney did a funny little wiggle and told us "Poopy!" (I can NOT believe I just wrote that on my blog. At least it's private and I like y'all.) So I grabbed her off the changing table and let her run to the pink potty chair/step-stool. She sat her little booty down there and we all waited with great anticipation (thus, the video camera....and 16 minutes of breath-taking footage.) The previously mentioned "#2" did not make an appearance at this dance, but Whitney did successfully pee on the her pretty pink potty this evening. Woohoo!
I SWORE (and I dont swear) that I would never publicly announce or discuss my child's toilet situations.....in fact, i deleted someone from my face.book page when she was in the midst of potty training her son, simply because the status updates about bowel movements and the number of potty visits he made were just getting a tidge on the CRAZY side for my taste. However.....this is not face.book. Its my private blog. And you chose to be here, so nanny-nanny-boo-boo!! You get to read about peepee!!!
No no. I joke. This will be the only time I talk potty until I officially declare Whitney "100% potty trained", or until I need help because my kid refuses to potty train. So you can expect to hear about this topic again around 2027......ya know, since Whitney will be going to college in Pampers if i have anything to say about it.
(*dont say I didnt warn ya!)

5 comments:
LOL While reading about the "pottying". I was recalling you deleting someone, but I don't remember who....lol Anyway, while we are semi-potty training I do think before sharing bc I don't want to be deleted! bahaha...for real ;)
Anyway, love how much she loves the doll! :0)
I love how much Whitney loves the Toy Story characters! Both of my girls love them too, but McKenna is literally obsessed with Buzz! She's asked for a Buzz costume for Christmas even!
I dont mind the "potty" talk at all excet when it is an all the time thing. But YAY for such a HUGE accomplishment for Whitney! The first time is like 1/2 the battle!!!
My boys are big Jessie fans too!! They have both asked for Jessie for Christmas from Santa! I cant wait for them to dig into there stockings this year! Whitney is getting so big! I love watching your videos!
Very cute! I think Tucker has a crush on Miss Whitney!!
"...changing dipes does NOT bother me. Its soooo convenient knowing that we can spend an hour in Walmart taking our time with grocery shopping, and she can pee 22 times if she'd like, without effecting me until it's time to take the full diaper off and put a fresh one on. I realllllly despise public restrooms, so the thought of Whitney's happy hiney sitting on a dirty, nasty, gross public potty makes me want to toss my cookies."
Insert Hunter, Harrison or Hannah for Whitney, and this is me to a flippin' T! I don't get how some people freak out that their 15 month old or whatever isn't potty trained yet. Geez Louise, folks! Diapers aren't so bad! They have their perks! :)
But, YAY WHITNEY!!!!! What a big girl!
Post a Comment