I have been reminded that "Round One" was technically last weekend when we headed to St. Augustine to exchange ornaments and enjoy dinner with Papa, Aunt Lynzie, Uncle Joe, Corbyn, Callie, Uncle Daniel, Aunt Crystal, Kyle, Dean, Dawson, Parker, and Melanie.
That would make "Round Two" last night at Aunt Patti's.
You'll see "Round Three" here...
...and stay tuned for "Round Four" with Papa on Christmas Day at our house. "Round Five" at Mac and Gramps on Christmas Day...."Round Six" will be this coming week with Aunt Lynzie again...and then "Round Seven" is after the new year when Eric's mom and stepdad come into town.
Phew!
I'm exhausted just thinking about it, but it's all sooo fun to see the magic of Christmas through Whitney's eyes!
'TWAS THE NIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS.....
I was trying to make sure Eric and I were positioned to get the best facial expressions from Whitney...he had the video camera. Let's hope he had "the good angle".
This was when I pulled the pink table cloth from Whitney's first birthday party wrapping paper off Whitney's kitchen:
She got right to work! Stirring and tasting her pretend foods, opening and closing the doors, and pulling the baskets out to do her very own laundry!
"Whitney, do you love your kitchen?!"
"YEAAH!!!!"
"Whitney, call Santa to tell him 'thank you for my kitchen!'"
"Taintsyou kitchen, Santa!"
She's already a good chef! :)
Opening her new play food...she would GASP every time she caught a glimpse of what was hidden behind the paper!
The paparazzi descended upon our house this morning....again, its just a shame this kid never gets any attention at ALL.
I LOOOVED dolls when I was little. LOVED. I had 18 Cabbage Patch Kids and countless dolls. I loved dressing them up and naming them and feeding them and pretending they were my little sisters or brothers. LOVED. Whitney has started to like babies more and more, melting my heart as she feeds them and talks to them. I was a little too old for American Girl dolls when they first came out, but I thought they were awesome! I have seen the great "My Generation" dolls Target carries, but figured we'd wait til Whitney asks for one when she's older. But I have been spending a lot of time in JoAnn Fabrics lately, and I happened to go down an aisle that had these "American Girl/My Generation" looking dolls for a fraction of the cost. ($17 with a 50% off coupon = $8.50.....no brainer)
Whitney opened the wrapping paper at exactly the right spot, because the first thing she saw was "Emma's" face. And Whitney's face lit up! She yelled "MOMMY!!" as if to say "Look what *I* got!!!"......the same exact way I used to yell "MOMMY!!" at my mom on Christmas morning....
Mac helped her rip the paper off Emma....or else we could've been here unwrapping gifts til Easter.
Meeting Emma for the first time, out of the packaging..
We out a new outfit on Emma...it matches Whitney's Christmas Eve dress almost exactly :)
Meeting her other new baby doll :)
Every kitchen needs pots and pans and plates and bowls and forks and ...........
Grampa helped open some presents, too!
Snow globes are ALWAYS a huge hit :)
Mac read a new book to all the babies :)
We are hoping Uncle D will wear his Orlando Magic t-shirt with pride in Cleveland :)
Eric and I gave Mac and Gramps a photobook as part of their present this year. It was a hit!
Eric was a master chef in the kitchen again this year. After last year's delicious breakfast casserole, we decided it needed to be a tradition. Eric didnt disappoint! It was deliSHHH! Thanks, Babe!
Whitney couldnt decide if she wanted milk or water....so she got both.
In Whitney's new kitchen!
Bailey got some new toys, too :) He was one HAPPY dog as Uncle Jay was willing to give him the attention he had in the P.W.* days. (* = Pre-Whitney)
We took our annual Christmas tree pictures.....
2010
2009
The whole gang...
2009 Bass Family
2010 Bass Family
Are you ready for Rounds Four through Seven???? :)
1 comment:
Looks like you had a wonderful holiday! Merry belated Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!!
Post a Comment