This week started off great, and is getting better and better! :)
This kit is part of my Christmas present from Eric. On top of printing my blog again this year, Eric ordered me a really cool, unique piece of jewelry that no one else will ever have :) I cant wait to share pics when it finally arrives!
My mom and dad are taking down the crib they bought for Whitney. It is bittersweet since she isnt a baby anymore, but the crib was pointless since Whitney loves the cot they got her. (PS Jessica, my mom got it on HERE! Sorry it took me so long to get back to you!)
Yesterday, the temperatures dropped from high 80's to low 60's. I couldnt WAIT to whip out this fabulous, fluffy vest for the Whitterbug! She was being such a little diva!
"Mommy! Neck-wiss! (necklace!)!! Mommy!! NECK-WISS!"
"Mommy! Neck-wiss! (necklace!)!! Mommy!! NECK-WISS!"
She got all dolled up to go run errands with me and Mac :) Mac bought her a really cool book at Sam's. It's the Toy Story 3 book, but it has magnetic Buzz and Woody that you add to the pages as the story unfolds. Hard to explain, now that I try...They are thin cloth characters with magnets in their hands. I tried to take a picture, but it doesnt really paint the picture any better....but take my word for it, they are cool. And Whitney loves them. A LOT.
She didnt put them down all afternoon.....
...or night. See poor lil Bear Blanket tossed to the side? Buzz and Woody reign supreme.
Today, Whitney decided to accessorize with my baseball hat. Because what dress and tights DONT look good with a pink hat?
We met up with some My Gym friends at our library's story time. We both had such a great time! I got to spend time with other moms *I* can relate to while Whitney got some more interaction with kids she can relate to! Win-Win! Storytime was really cute....music, puppet show, good book choices, animated leader....MUCH more exciting than the last storytime we attempted!
Being the wise mommy that I am, I decided that small, NEW Buzz and Woody would have to sit-out at Storytime. They stayed in the car, much to Whitney's dismay, since they fall neatly into the "toys-that-are-easily-lost-and-never-found" category. Whitney's previous favorite Woody got to make this trip since he has proven easy to find and rarely causes trouble.
After storytime, we all headed to the mall for lunch and the play zone. Unfortunately, the morons folks who run the mall decided to revamp the play area right now....while Santa is less than 20 yards away.....giving parents no place to trap their children wait until it's their turn to sit on Santa's lap. Smart.
So, not to be deterred, we found fun elsewhere (at the other end of the mall). First we visited some puppies in the dog store (thankfully, most of them had tags saying "I'm going home with my new owners!", so I dont have to lay in bed tonight thinking about those poor, lonely puppies stuck in cages at the holidays...phew!)
After the puppy run, we headed to a fancy, new, exciting, ingenious machine that kept our children happy for far longer than I would've anticipated. I now owe Megan and Erin $4.00 in quarters since they kept this merry-go-round going and going and going. None of the kids wanted to get off when it was time to head home for naps, but Whitney was by far the most vocal about her disappointment. Who knew!? This kid can go on any ride offered at Disney World, any day of the week. But this simple mall merry-go-round makes this girl giddy with excitement and bursting with giggles and belly laughs while also bringing me back to the days of riding horses and rockets outside the local KMart.
Note to self: bring no less than 8 quarters next time you go to the mall.
Kids and Mommies :)
Tonight at dinner, we asked Whitney "What did you do today?" She happily replied, "Ride BOAT!" She seriously LOVED it. :)
Tonight, Whitney watched Toy Story 3 while I made dinner. I hadnt seen the Woody on the top right in a while, so she must have dug him out of some bin somewhere so he could see himself on the big screen with his other Woody friends and new friend Buzz. How thoughtful.
| This is in close competition to be my new favorite picture of her.... |
"Hey Mom. You're gonna let us in, right? This is just a game...just to let the kid know she can act like a big kid, right? Mom? You gonna come outside and play with us??? Mom???"
They were both running in circles as I shouted "Get your tail!" Makes sense for the dog. Not-so-much for the kid.
She was soooo happy, dancing wildly and shouting "Hi!....HELLO!!" over and over. She just discovered her echo as she was helping me unload the drier yesterday (she leaned in and said "hi"...it echoed...she repeated....a LOT) and was THRILLED to meet her echo outside this afternoon. :) VERY cute.
Her other new favorite thing is counting "1...2...3...BINGO!" as she plops down on her bottom. In the crib. On the couch. In the grass. It never gets old, and she laughs until it must hurt her little belly. Deliriously funny.
More delirious dancing. I hope she's always this happy and carefree :) I am hoping to borrow some of her carefree happiness as I attempt to focus on the FUN, GREAT, HAPPY parts of the holidays, rather than letting the stress and anxiety of trying to make everyone happy get in my way.
Focusing on this face when it gets stressful:
Tomorrow, Whitney's very best friend, Faith, is coming to spend the day with us. I dont know who is more excited!? Whitney yells "FACE!" when I tell her that Faith and her parents and big bro Austin are coming over tomorrow night. I love that Whitney already associates people in families. When she says "Uncle Daniel", she ALWAYS follows it up with "Aunt Siss-tall (crystal), DEAN! KY-Uhl!(kyle)" She knows that they go together as a family. A team. Tonight, I reminded her that Faith would be here in the morning, and she excitedly yelled "Aunt Daw-as! (Dallas), Aus-in!(Austin)" Sooo cute, and soo right! Aunt Dallas, Uncle Dave, Austin, and Faith are a family...Whitney doesnt see them every day or even every week, but she remembered that they all belong together. So cool :)
So...expect more cute pics from her playdate with Faither tomorrow, and a fun night with one of our favorite families!



1 comment:
I just got my pendant from Tina Steinberg and LOVE IT!!! I actually thought of you when we ordered mine. It is absolutely the best necklace I will ever own and I touch her little thumb print all day long ... ahhhh!
Post a Comment