Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Baby! Baby! Baby!

NO, we are NOT having another baby.  Grady just discovered one of Whitney's baby dolls in her closet last week, and he was mesmerized by the doll's cries, laughs, and "mama!" sounds.  

I say "mesmerized" because he wasnt really in LOVE with the doll, but he wasnt really afraid of it either.  He just couldnt figure it out.  


I was pleasantly surprised when he correctly identified body parts (either on himself, or the doll) when asked "Grady, where are the baby's eyes?" "Feet?" and my favorite, "Where is the baby's nose? (and he sniffs in and out furiously with a big smile :)"


And of course he had to sniff the baby's toes :) 


After he pressed the belly a few times, he decided he wanted to "yell" back at the laughing baby.  


And dont all boys bite doll heads at some point? Im blaming his 8th tooth for this gnawing session.  It popped through the next day :) 


I agree, Dude.  The one eye that no longer blinks freaks me out a little bit, too.  Carry on.  


And we have a bacon thief among us!  We usually eat breakfast at the kitchen table, but one day last week I let Whitney eat breakfast at her table in the playroom.  
I had my coffee....Grady had finished his bottle....and Whitney was working on a plate of mini pancakes, apples, and bacon......


Until Grady decided he needed a bite....
Whitney has this very distinct "NOOoooooooooo" that she does when she doesnt want to hurt Grady's feelings, but wants him to leave her the heck alone.  She was all,
"DUUUUUUUDE!!! NOOOOOoooooooo! Not my BACON!!!" 


And he snagged a quick bite and instantly said, "MMMmmmmm". Yes, sir.  Bacon is yummo.
And then he washed it down with a swig of her milk.....


These two grow closer and closer by the day.  And Im LOVING it! 


They love each other so much and love being around each other.  They look for each other when they are apart. When Whitney is at school, Grady knocks on her bedroom door and yells, "BUG!!?"
And when he is napping, she asks "When is Grady going to be awake?"


Our birthday party planning is well underway, so we were all excited and ready to celebrate Dr. Seuss' birthday last week! Whitney got another year of wear out of the skirt I made her pre-Grady, and while I realllllllly want to keep her birthday bows in good shape before her party, I HAD to let her wear the bows my friend, Stori made for us!  Look for her as "Stori Bookdreams Harper" on Facebook, or contact me! She makes amaaazing bows, and we've gotten more than 3 years of use from the bows she sent us when Whitney was born! Her bows rock and are totally affordable....and she's a WAH military wife, so if you buy from her, youre indirectly supporting the troops :)  


These two continue to crack me up every morning before school.  Whitney wants a hug while Grady really only wants to explore her bedroom and conquer the closet/shoe rack/hair bows/kitchen/alarm clock.  She begged him for a hug last week and he was laughing and trying to run away....


She wasnt giving up, and they were both laughing so hard, I couldnt stop laughing. 


He makes the best faces, and she is the BEST sister. 


And by the time she got home from school, he was a more willing participant....as long as it meant he got to jump on her bed for a minute :) 


LOVE.  We are so blessed.  


And my new favorite thing they do?
Nine out of ten times we put them in their car seats, Grady reaches out towards Whitney.  As she gets strapped in, she leans over and holds his hand.  The first time it happened, I melted and snapped a quick cell phone pic.  Never really expecting it to become a "thing" or see it again regularly.
Well....its their "thing" now.  And I love it.

Life is good.  



No comments:

Post a Comment